Provocation Raises

Moderator: Support Moderators

Tom Bombadil

Provocation Raises

Post by Tom Bombadil »

Hello,

I did a quick search and could not find anything about this but I may have missed something, it has been a long week and I am very tired tonight. I have been macroing Provocation in Moonglow off of a bear in town. I was told on a different forum post that provocation, in relationship to raises, does not care about the level of the beast being provoed. I played on Angel Island and there I raised quite well near a graveyard that contained rotting corpses for better gains at higher levels. But if it is not a case of how high a level the monster is then it shouldn't matter. Is something different with this shard because, following those directions given me, I should raise off of this bear as well as I would anything else, yet it seems like it is going dreadfully slow. Did they do something to the raises for provo on this shard? Or am I wrong in thinking that it should be faster. Also, I raised my music to GM before I even started with provo. Would this slow it down. And lastly after all of this, what is the best way to level up provocation from someone who has done it at the fastest possible speed. Thank you very much, good night, and if you look for me, I am the goof irritating the bear in the center of Moonglow at this very moment.

-Tom Bombadil

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Provocation Raises

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Provo does take some time, after you get in the 90's it will take forever. Just stick with it.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Germ

Post by Germ »

I raised one character from 0 to GM off a cow. Another from 0 to GM off a panther :)

GM Music first, it helps you get going.

It does take a loooong time, especially the 90s. Keep at it though.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

I used a bull once I hit around 80, GMed off of the ones in the pens south of Britain. It takes approximately 2.5 full days of macroing to GM provocation.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Aule
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Aule »

Angel Island had accelerated skill gains... gm'ing anything was easy. Here, the skill gain is set at the same rate as it was on OSI during the T2A era (ie, much slower than Angel Island). That's probably why you're noticing it going a lot more slowly.

Pristiq

Post by Pristiq »

Germ wrote:GM Music first, it helps you get going.
This is a popular misconception. The truth is, in the time it takes you to GM music, you can also run provo. Musicianship (playing an instrument) runs off the item timer, while provo runs off the skill timer. You can set up a macro to

Play Instrument
Use Provo
Target Bull
Target Self
Wait 10 Seconds.
chumbucket wrote:Everyone else, don't be a jerk to staff. Maahes cries enough already.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=40810 - HOLY HELL AN AWESOME VENDOR?!

Germ

Post by Germ »

True enough Pristiq.

Actually you can make a provo macro that:

Use Provo
Target Bull
Target Self
for 1-10
use instrument
pause 1 sec
end for

Will work music at the same time if you want, only takes like 1 night to gm music though, if you just want to do it that way.

momquab
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by momquab »

Yeap I managed to GM from a chicken but skill gain on Provo takes a very very long time! It's definitely worth it once you're all set up though!

Tom Bombadil

Post by Tom Bombadil »

Thank you for the information, especially about the angle island skill gain acceleration. I figured that shard was to easy simply because they wanted people to enjoy themselves and play. Not that that isn't the case here but you have to earn what you get, in this case macroing for a very long time. Thanks again.

-Tom

Achaemenes

Post by Achaemenes »

Hi everyone,

I've just started here on UOSA and finding myself in a money crunch, looked up MatronDeWinter's guide to barding and provocation. I have a question regarding the enhanced Razor macro that PanamaRed posted later in the thread:

Set Razor to record.....
Play the instrument
Use Skill : Provocation
Click the animal that is trapped
Now click yourself.
Pause 1.00sec
If (SysMessage "your music succeeds, as you start a fight.")
Pause 9.00sec
Else
If (SysMessage "your music fails to incite enough anger.")
Pause 4.00sec
Else
If (SysMessage "you play poorly, and there is no effect.")
Pause 4.00sec
End If

I don't ever seem to get a system message that reads "your music succeeds, as you start a fight", the provo skill use success message reads "You play your music and your target becomes angered. Whom do you wish them to attack?" Why is this different than the "your music succeeds, as you start a fight", and do I need to update the macro to reflect the message I'm getting? Am I even using provo right? I walked into a pen, attacked a chicken, ran out and locked the pen, and I'm now running the macro on loop...

Thanks everybody

Achaemenes

Post by Achaemenes »

Thinking about it, what is the reason behind MatronDeWinter suggesting the use of Peacemaking to 80 to help with music gains, instead of using Provo right from the beginning? Do fail uses of Provo not help with Music gains, unlike Peacemaking?

Return to “New Player Help”