Client Crash

Syntax

Client Crash

Post by Syntax »

Hi, new to the board but I've looked around a bit and can't find anything that quite matches the problem I'm having. I have installed the recommended client "package" from this website consisting of UO, razor and automap. I have successfully created an account and am able to log in. However, I cannot run UO for more than about 15 min before windows tells me that the program has stopped working and will be closed. I am running Windows Vista SP2 (32 bit) on a HP Pavilion dv6000. My processor is stock Intel T2250 1.73GHz. I have tried changing my display from Aero to Vista Standard and even to Classic. I have unchecked "Use smart CPU usage reduction" in razor. I have tried both UOML and UOSA clients. (UOML is not up to par with UOSA server as it is build 4.something and was kind of wondering why it is hosted as a viable client on this website. Not criticizing, just asking to further my own knowledge) I also have all available updates for Vista and have run windows update several times just to be sure. But no matter what I try, I can't seem to get the client to run for any extended period of time without windows shutting it down.

Germ

Re: Client Crash

Post by Germ »

Have you disabled the sound/music from within UO under the options tab on the paperdoll.

I think you can run the sound effects (mining etc.) but not the music if I remember correctly.

I did this on my vista machine and haven't crashed since.

Syntax

Post by Syntax »

Actually, until about 5 minutes ago, no. I somehow completely missed an entire post about my exact problem and of all the solutions, disabling music was the only thing I had not tried. I'm currently logged in and have disabled it and we shall see how long this lasts ^^ Will post with whatever developments come about.

Syntax

Post by Syntax »

Running smooth for about half an hour now. Thanks for the help.

Germ

Post by Germ »

No problem. Glad to hear you got it worked out, and welcome :)

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

Lot of Syntaxs' popping up everywhere.
Syntax of the Wolfpack (TW) - PVP Since 97'