problems communicating with origin?

pandora rose

problems communicating with origin?

Post by pandora rose »

I just set up a new account but when I go to play it tells me that there is a problem communicating with origin. please restart Ultima Online and try again.

I have tried like 10 times now...and I really want to play.

thank you for your help

Sandro

Re: problems communicating with origin?

Post by Sandro »

Do you already own 3 accounts on this server?
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

pandora rose

Post by pandora rose »

this is my first account. One other person has an account off my computer and my roommates all have accounts as well. does it go by ip address? :?

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

yes 3 accounts per ip unless you contact staff.. plz page in game with your self and roommates in tow.. to explain your circumstance.

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

Oneiros

Post by Oneiros »

So if my brother (who doesn't normally live here) comes in town for the weekend and plays on my net connection, will this tie him to my IP permanently (limiting me to 2 accounts + his account) even though he normally plays on a different connection? I was trying to create a third account today and it gave me this same error message. THere are currently only two accounts running on my IP, but my brother may have created his account at my house, and he also played at my house as recently as this weekend. I would be willing to donate or whatever needs to be done to get this fixed.

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

that connection error has absolutely nothing to do with how many accounts you have, people should stop giving out bad info.

make sure you are using razor, and that the settings (for server ip, port, encryption, etc) are correct (which they should be by default). make sure you dont have any firewalls blocking the client.

but i assume that since you said you just set up the account, that you have at least once successfully connected to the game, right? sometimes after logging out my client is just frozen and won't connect and i have to shut down client/razor and restart it.. shut down all running copies of uo/razor and try again..

if you have not actually connected to the game before (then what account did you set up?), and if you are running Windows Vista/7 you *may* have to manually add razor and the client to the built in firewall if it is enabled.

alternatively you can try using the unencrypted client without razor (you should have a shortcut on your desktop for this if you downloaded the 300mb recommended client) and see if that one works.. might narrow down any issues.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Dagon wrote:that connection error has absolutely nothing to do with how many accounts you have, people should stop giving out bad info.

make sure you are using razor, and that the settings (for server ip, port, encryption, etc) are correct (which they should be by default). make sure you dont have any firewalls blocking the client.

but i assume that since you said you just set up the account, that you have at least once successfully connected to the game, right? sometimes after logging out my client is just frozen and won't connect and i have to shut down client/razor and restart it.. shut down all running copies of uo/razor and try again..

if you have not actually connected to the game before (then what account did you set up?), and if you are running Windows Vista/7 you *may* have to manually add razor and the client to the built in firewall if it is enabled.

alternatively you can try using the unencrypted client without razor (you should have a shortcut on your desktop for this if you downloaded the 300mb recommended client) and see if that one works.. might narrow down any issues.

That is the message the server sends when you enter account information that does not exist, and you are past your limit of accounts per IP, thus it doesn't allow you to create a new one.

Learn the mechanics before you open your mouth.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Oneiros

Post by Oneiros »

I've been playing on two accounts for over a week now. I'm fairly certain this has nothing to do with Razor's settings being wrong, mostly because I am not an imbecile...

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

Sandro wrote: That is the message the server sends when you enter account information that does not exist, and you are past your limit of accounts per IP, thus it doesn't allow you to create a new one.

lololol
ok 1) if you enter account information that does not exist ----- it creates an account WITH that account information you put
2) if you put in wrong username/password it tells you that its wrong, so you 1) know the account name exists, and 2) the password is wrong
3) maybe YOU've tried connection with more than you're allowed clients, but I haven't.. so if in fact Derrick does actively BLOCK the connection then sure maybe you get that message, but all 4 clients (3 + an exception) would have to already be connected when trying to connect a 5th for the server to actively block it. that didn't sound like the case of what his problem was.
4) he said he already set up the new account, lol.. so " thus it doesn't allow you to create a new one" stfu tard!
5) lmao at your stupid face

Oneiros: wasn't talking to you

Oneiros

Post by Oneiros »

Well, I'm just looking for answers still. Would the fact that someone created an account on my IP (while visiting) have an effect on the 3 account per IP cap even though that person doesn't play? If so, I'd be interested in sorting this out somehow. Thanks.

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

Just for testing reset your ip adress .. simplest way I can explain to do this and make sure it works without have to check anything is unplug your modem and disconnect router .. hook it up stright to computer.. (the new network card will force the modem to reset and get a new ip address) (I know there are easier ways but I'm at work and no time to type any more then this)

After doing this unplug modem again rehook router and get your network back up. Now try and connect with the problem account (before any other accounts) .. if it connects then yes its rellated to number of accounts assosicated with your ip. and you will need to page Derrick with info about why you need more accounts allowed on your ip.

I'm hoping this helps your problem I'll check topic again after I get off work for updates.

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

Oneiros wrote:Well, I'm just looking for answers still. Would the fact that someone created an account on my IP (while visiting) have an effect on the 3 account per IP cap even though that person doesn't play? If so, I'd be interested in sorting this out somehow. Thanks.
Derrick would have to answer that, but with all the posts regarding multiclienting and possible solutions I would say NO it does not effect it, since there doesn't sound like there is any active server-side account/IP monitoring/limiting going on right now. You can create 25 accounts on the same IP and only eventually get banned when Derrick audits ip/account lists (I could be wrong though).

uofuntime

Post by uofuntime »

Dagon wrote:
Sandro wrote: That is the message the server sends when you enter account information that does not exist, and you are past your limit of accounts per IP, thus it doesn't allow you to create a new one.

lololol
ok 1) if you enter account information that does not exist ----- it creates an account WITH that account information you put
2) if you put in wrong username/password it tells you that its wrong, so you 1) know the account name exists, and 2) the password is wrong
3) maybe YOU've tried connection with more than you're allowed clients, but I haven't.. so if in fact Derrick does actively BLOCK the connection then sure maybe you get that message, but all 4 clients (3 + an exception) would have to already be connected when trying to connect a 5th for the server to actively block it. that didn't sound like the case of what his problem was.
4) he said he already set up the new account, lol.. so " thus it doesn't allow you to create a new one" stfu tard!
5) lmao at your stupid face

Oneiros: wasn't talking to you
hihi <3

Don't want to get involved but you only read the first part of what Sandro said:

"That is the message the server sends when you enter account information that does not exist, and you are past your limit of accounts per IP, thus it doesn't allow you to create a new one."

He's not listing three possibilities, but describing a scenario that the OP may be in.

But YOU are right that the OP may actually already have set up an account but can't log into game world. Though, he/she hasn't made it clear yet. but omg u gaiz are so rude to each other stop it >.<

edit: So I tested it out as I have 3 accounts already. Sandro is right, that message does appear when you already have 3 accounts on your IP.

uofuntime

Post by uofuntime »

Oneiros wrote:So if my brother (who doesn't normally live here) comes in town for the weekend and plays on my net connection, will this tie him to my IP permanently (limiting me to 2 accounts + his account) even though he normally plays on a different connection? I was trying to create a third account today and it gave me this same error message. THere are currently only two accounts running on my IP, but my brother may have created his account at my house, and he also played at my house as recently as this weekend. I would be willing to donate or whatever needs to be done to get this fixed.
Hi Oneiros. I would say yes, if your brother set up an account on your IP, it is tied to the IP. Because account set up is basically typing in a new account and password, and UOSA doesn't delete the accounts for being inactive. I already have 3 accounts (thankfully I wrote down the name and password), and I tried to set a fourth. I get the same message you and the OP gets. I am unable to create a fourth account. Most likely your brother (if he played UO) created a third account, so you are getting that message.

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

uofuntime wrote: edit: So I tested it out as I have 3 accounts already. Sandro is right, that message does appear when you already have 3 accounts on your IP.
Sorry but you and Sandro must be gimps or something.. I just created a fourth account (Sorry Derrick, had to prove these tards wrong, promise I won't use the account though! (you can even delete it if you wish) :)) and logged in no problem, logged out and logged back in again, no problem. I'm not going to bother with a fifth, sixth, and seventh account.

And let's not forget that we just recently had holiday tickets and people were trying to match up 7+ numbers.. thats 7+ accounts on the same IP... regardless of whoever the person claimed used the accounts.

You are all obviously experiencing connectivity issues either with your pc / router / cable modem / whatever..