problems communicating with origin?

Sandro

Re: problems communicating with origin?

Post by Sandro »

You are obviously not on a static IP then.

It's amazing how foolish you make yourself look when you don't even know what's going on. :lol:
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

Actually, I am, and also all 3 of my accounts were logged in already while creating the fourth. come back when you learn something.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Sandro wrote:You are obviously not on a static IP then.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

uofuntime

Post by uofuntime »

Dagon wrote:
You are all obviously experiencing connectivity issues either with your pc / router / cable modem / whatever..
Why would I experience "connectivity issues" when I have been playing without issues on 3 accounts for months? So does this fourth account somehow create connectivity issues for me? No. There is a reason why we experience this problem on a FOURTH account. There is no "connectivity problem"; this is just the way the server enforces the 3 account rule. You may be able to bypass this (read post above), but for most people, they cannot (why don't you tell the OP how?). That is why people here who try to create a fourth account can't. Try to piece together the clues and not act so arrogant. This is my advice to you. You will thank me one day! =) This is a forum, and I do not know why you're so heated and resort to calling people derogatory names, but you may be just a kid (and socially awkward). Thanks for replying to my healing thread by the way! But now I think you may be wrong about that, because you seem to be wrong a lot. Good luck. ^_^

orionsune
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by orionsune »

I hate to bust your bubble, but your attitude is rsutling my feathers.

Dagon wrote: that connection error has absolutely nothing to do with how many accounts you have, people should stop giving out bad info.
Yes it does. If you have the max accounts per ip and enter a new username with the intention of creating a new account, this is indeed the message you will recieve.
Dagon wrote: but i assume that since you said you just set up the account, that you have at least once successfully connected to the game, right? sometimes after logging out my client is just frozen and won't connect and i have to shut down client/razor and restart it.. shut down all running copies of uo/razor and try again..
But you assumed... We may wnat to clarify how he created his account, was it through the client, or is he mistakenly referring to the forum account?
Dagon wrote: if you have not actually connected to the game before (then what account did you set up?), and if you are running Windows Vista/7 you *may* have to manually add razor and the client to the built in firewall if it is enabled.
If you are using a wired/wireless router, i recommend you turn your windows firewall OFF. It is useless and redundant unless you have your cablemodem connected directly to your PC. I also reccommend turning "User Access Control" off since we are on the subject.
Dagon wrote: lololol
ok 1) if you enter account information that does not exist ----- it creates an account WITH that account information you put
If you enter account info that does not exist and you have reached your max account/ip then yes indeed it does give you that message.
Dagon wrote: 2) if you put in wrong username/password it tells you that its wrong, so you 1) know the account name exists, and 2) the password is wrong
I don't think that is the issue here...
Dagon wrote: 3) maybe YOU've tried connection with more than you're allowed clients, but I haven't.. so if in fact Derrick does actively BLOCK the connection then sure maybe you get that message, but all 4 clients (3 + an exception) would have to already be connected when trying to connect a 5th for the server to actively block it. that didn't sound like the case of what his problem was.
Right
Dagon wrote: 4) he said he already set up the new account, lol.. so " thus it doesn't allow you to create a new one" stfu tard!
You are assuming he created his account through the client, and not confusing the web account for being linked with the UO account. Some shards do this ya know.
Dagon wrote: Derrick would have to answer that, but with all the posts regarding multiclienting and possible solutions I would say NO it does not effect it, since there doesn't sound like there is any active server-side account/IP monitoring/limiting going on right now. You can create 25 accounts on the same IP and only eventually get banned when Derrick audits ip/account lists (I could be wrong though).
I'll through a scenario out here... When I last tested this you have 3 accounts all created on the same IP. You have a friend come over that has an account created on a different IP. You will be able to log your 3 accounts, and your friends account simultaneously and no more.
If your IP address has changed since you created your first set of 3 accounts, guess what? I won't finish that thought...
Dagon wrote: Actually, I am, and also all 3 of my accounts were logged in already while creating the fourth. come back when you learn something.
See above...
Dagon wrote: Sorry but you and Sandro must be gimps or something.. I just created a fourth account (Sorry Derrick, had to prove these tards wrong, promise I won't use the account though! (you can even delete it if you wish) :)) and logged in no problem, logged out and logged back in again, no problem. I'm not going to bother with a fifth, sixth, and seventh account.
It says that your forum account was created back in July 2009? I assume you started playing around that time. Chances are you don't have the same IP address, that you had when creating your accounts. If your IP address has changed since then, you will be able to create another 3 accounts, or more if there is a bug involved in the process.

Regarding the ability to create and login a 4th account while the other 3 are on... I covered that earlier in this post also. You say you won't try a fifth, sixth, etc... You should try a fifth... it won't work, unless something has changed since last year.

Dagon wrote: 5) lmao at your stupid face

Oneiros: wasn't talking to you
Oneiros was simply pointing out what pandora rose meant, obviously it seemed you misread pandora rose's post and Oneiros was helping you out.

I've had enough of your flames Dagon. If you want to flame players, go to the proper forums. If you want to assist players then do it with some amount of tact and consideration.

Considering I have not seen the original poster come back, I assume you have driven him away with your arrogance and bad attitude. According to his profile, pandora rose , he's only made 2 posts, both on this topic, and last logged in on the 10th. Thanks Dagon... good job.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

pandora rose wrote:I just set up a new account but when I go to play it tells me that there is a problem communicating with origin. please restart Ultima Online and try again.

I have tried like 10 times now...and I really want to play.

thank you for your help
The problem indeed is that three accounts have already been created from this IP address. A couple of them are online right now.

Please PM me here in forums with information about where you are playing from, and what you'd like your account name to be.

Sorry for the trouble!
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

I'm glad to see this problem can be put to rest..

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy