Razor Error

Diggem

Razor Error

Post by Diggem »

Hello All,

First I want to say I am extremely excited about getting back into the T2A era of UO, lots of good time ahd in this game when I first played it years ago!! Now to the problem and if I missed something in a post I apologize. I downloaded the client from uosecondage.com and installed, it automatically asked me to install Razor and UOauto map which I did. Now going through the config stages I did exactly what steps 2 and 3 said in regards to setting up Razor, the error it is giving me is attached. I am not ok with computers but not an expert... Any ideas?
Attachments
Razor.jpg
Razor.jpg (21.03 KiB) Viewed 1026 times

orionsune
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Razor Error

Post by orionsune »

Sounds like Windows and it's sad attempts at security is preventing access to a resource.
On another note, .NET Framework is what generates that error. There was a big fuss about .NET and Razor's latest update a while back.

Adressing the possible security issue...
1. Try disabling your antivirus.
2. Running as "Administrator"
3. Disable "User Access Control" (useless anyway)

Addressing the .NET Framework issue...
1. Remove and re-install .NET Framework 2.0 (There is a Service Pack 2 for .NET 2.0, if that is what you have currently installed try removing and installing the vanilla .NET Framework 2.0 without the SP2)
2. Check if you have .NET Framework 1.1 installed, some users reported having to remove version 1.1 same reported needing version 1.1 installed, before razor would work.

orionsune
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Razor Error

Post by orionsune »

Any updates? Have you resolved your issue? If so, what did you have to do? Posting your status or solution may help users in the future.