selling tower, better than lazarith's

Buying/Selling Housing

Moderator: Trade Moderators

The Truth™

Re: selling tower, better than lazarith's

Post by The Truth™ »

notice all the players defending brokers are brokers themselves or friends of brokers :lol:

i have nothing more to say on the subject, ill post this tower up again in a month and again... until all the other good tower spots are taken up and someone is willing to risk it, hell i might even jack up the price

Rhaps

Post by Rhaps »

The Truth™ wrote:notice all the players defending brokers are brokers themselves or friends of brokers :lol:

i have nothing more to say on the subject, ill post this tower up again in a month and again... until all the other good tower spots are taken up and someone is willing to risk it, hell i might even jack up the price
Paranoia is an ugly thing. Maybe it's for the best you hang on to your secluded tower in the middle of no-where. :lol:

The mighty Conan

Post by The mighty Conan »

tekai wrote:Problem is friend, you want the help of the forum "Community" to get a better price / faster sale of your property. but you are unwilling to abide by our rules. its not a 1 way street. The brokers will not cheat you over, we have worked long and hard to achieve that standpoint. AFAIK There has never been a big-time scam on these forums becuase of these rules, and all the brokers have been "Good boys".
what do you mean when you say abide by your rules? just cause some players like black foot wanted to get paid for nothing and have brokers on the shard all of a sudden its expected in every major deal?

why dont you abide by the original rules when it was about trust between the buyer and seller. now since there are brokers its gonna make it harder for credible trustworthy sellers to sell anything to anybody because its way easier for people like you and mike123 to flag people as scammers for false reasons because you have horrible ethics when it comes to business on an online game.. there isn't and never was any need for a broker.

it was by far one of the most useless patches that derrick ever made. it makes me and many others that sell stuff on the forums not want to sell to any of you because i wouldn't feel safe putting my trust in someone that cant trust me. i put my self in the position to be scammed out of gold by mike123 and i got flagged as a scammer out of spite. this patch literally destroyed the trade forums and peoples trust in business transaction.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

The mighty Conan wrote: what do you mean when you say abide by your rules? just cause some players like black foot wanted to get paid for nothing and have brokers on the shard all of a sudden its expected in every major deal?
At what point did I begin charging for my free service :P
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

The Truth™

Post by The Truth™ »

Rhaps wrote:
The Truth™ wrote:notice all the players defending brokers are brokers themselves or friends of brokers :lol:

Paranoia is an ugly thing. Maybe it's for the best you hang on to your secluded tower in the middle of no-where. :lol:
if you were paying attention you'd be paranoid too
and you talk about the towers seclusion as if it were a bad thing :lol: :lol: :lol:

The mighty Conan wrote:
it was by far one of the most useless patches that derrick ever made. it makes me and many others that sell stuff on the forums not want to sell to any of you because i wouldn't feel safe putting my trust in someone that cant trust me. i put my self in the position to be scammed out of gold by mike123 and i got flagged as a scammer out of spite. this patch literally destroyed the trade forums and peoples trust in business transaction.
he said it not me 8)

Brules

Post by Brules »

Well when you (Conan) and Teph act like you all do, does it suprise you that no one is willing to trust you? I wanted to buy this, but I had no reason to trust the seller. His steadfast refusal to use ANY kind of broker for silly unfounded reasons is what will prevent him from ever selling this place. I would have been willing to use just about anyone with a good reputation. The fact that he wouldn't, and has no extablished trading history but expects instant trust is beyond ignorant. Heck he coudn't/wouldn't even provide proof that he owns the properties.....

So I bought a keep from a reputable seller broker free. :D

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

The mighty Conan wrote:now since there are brokers its gonna make it harder for credible trustworthy sellers
a credible trustworthy seller would have no problem using a broker. it ensures safety for both parties. not using a broker with some newb is like agreeing to meet felix at Bucc's Den bank for a black dye tub.... it's not going to produce any good results.

Seller: I'll take your tower, but you transfer ownership to me first. I'm a credible, trustworthy player. You want trust so it goes both ways.

The Truth™

Post by The Truth™ »

Brules wrote:
So I bought a keep from a reputable seller broker free. :D
i told you to do that originally instead of begging me through pms/forums

congrats

The Truth™

Post by The Truth™ »

Dagon wrote:
The mighty Conan wrote:now since there are brokers its gonna make it harder for credible trustworthy sellers
a credible trustworthy seller would have no problem using a broker. it ensures safety for both parties. not using a broker with some newb is like agreeing to meet felix at Bucc's Den bank for a black dye tub.... it's not going to produce any good results.

Seller: I'll take your tower, but you transfer ownership to me first. I'm a credible, trustworthy player. You want trust so it goes both ways.
negative, i have more to lose than you gold spawns on monsters, tower locations do not.

prominent

Post by prominent »

While you can debate all day whether buying from a reputable seller or using a broker is the right way to go, to say that someone is going to have to just trust you and give you all their gold first, in the hopes that you will be honest, IN ULTIMA FUCKING ONLINE, is beyond stupid. Do you think we're fucking retarded? Maybe if you had people to vouch for you or some reason to believe you are a reputable seller in any way, people might take the chance but if not, why should they? They'd have to be either infinitely rich and not care, or just plain dumb.

The Truth™

Post by The Truth™ »

it never was a debate, all im trying to do is exactly what tabius,blackfoot and GK etc.. do all the time

I guess no one wants to support an honest business man just trying to build his rep, no lets just let all the king pin brokers be the only ones to ever sell houses from now until forever, noobs can just go get fucked

tbh i never expected to sell this,it was more of a social experiment although if someone had the balls to go through with it they wouldn't be disappointed. needless to say you all failed and take this game entirely too seriously

but what really disappoints me about this player base is how quick you are to slander people, and how the gms allow it.
if you aren't interested move on.

since clearly no one has faith in the scammer thread/forum ban i say just get rid of it and the word scammer with it. as of right now they exists only to slander honest businessmen with pre-crimes; that is, crimes that have only occurred in the heads of disgruntled customers who claim to see the future

it is infinitely easier to call someone a scammer on that thread and completely destroy their rep than it is to build one up
perhaps thats exactly what yall had in mind
which makes me not want to use a broker EVEN MORE

cheers :o

The mighty Conan

Post by The mighty Conan »

BlackFoot wrote:
The mighty Conan wrote: what do you mean when you say abide by your rules? just cause some players like black foot wanted to get paid for nothing and have brokers on the shard all of a sudden its expected in every major deal?
At what point did I begin charging for my free service :P
i was referring to all brokers since there are some that want to get paid for it. your the only one i know that is a known broker so that's why i used your name. i agree with the truth on not using a broker. someone saying that they dont want to do a trade because the truth doesn't want to use a broker is like an insult to someones honesty and credibility so you shouldn't act the way the guy wanting the tower did and expect someone to still sell to you. you transferring a house deed and gold for someones business transaction, paid to do it or not, is no different than me or any one else doing it. i never ripped anyone off before so i guess i would be just as good or better than you as a broker. I'm glad the truth is sticking up for all business men on the forums. keep it up truth.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

good luck with that
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

The Truth™

Post by The Truth™ »

BlackFoot wrote:
Blackfoot.jpg
Blackfoot.jpg (18.93 KiB) Viewed 1218 times
INNFINITE POOOOWERR!!!
i can just hear you with your smarmy attitude right now " muahaha good luck with that little peasant YOU WILL NEVER BE AS GREAT AS I!" :lol:
Last edited by The Truth™ on Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.