Forum Search Problem

Rhaps

Forum Search Problem

Post by Rhaps »

I've noticed when searching the forums if I try and go any further than the first page of results I get a 404, this also happens if I typo my search term and click the "did you mean [correct word]" link.

It's not a massive problem, just annoying when I'm searching for info.

orionsune
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Forum Search Problem

Post by orionsune »

I couldn't re-create this issue.

In the past, sometimes the web page will mis-behave. Are you having this problem intermittently or can you re-produce it everytime?

Rhaps

Post by Rhaps »

Thanks for checking!

I did some more testing and it appears it must be a browser issue. I use Firefox 99% of the time but I tested IE & Opera and had no problems. :roll: Should have checked earleir but it's been the only website to ever give me any problems. It's likely one of my FF extensions is interfering in some way if other FF users aren't having the same problem.

orionsune
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by orionsune »

That strange with FF.

I always hate when I find a website only IE works with :( especially considering I use Linux as my primary OS.

Rhaps

Post by Rhaps »

Well for the sake of further bug testing, the issue is constant with FF. The error page reads:

404 - File or directory not found.
The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

IE and Opera aren't affected, don't have any other browsers to test but I'd assume no problems with the lack of reports. The error has been cropping up for at around 3-5 days. It may have come in with the latest FF update (I seem to remember there being one recently) as I have previously been able to search with no problems using FF.

My OS is XP Pro and all my Java/.NEt etc is up to date. No idea if that's relevent but I'm guessing tmi is better when it comes to tech problems.

As I said before it's not a big problem as I can use other browsers, just thought it would be worth reporting fully just in case.