MIDI music patch for Client : Beta testers wanted

Derrick

Re: MIDI music patch for Client : Beta testers wanted

Post by Derrick »

Release announce for Dagons Fix is here:
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... 58#p154758

This is a great patch; I wish we could have gotten it working using midi, but this patch uses mp3's and is very stable.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Bag

Post by Bag »

sweeeeeeeet

Bag

Post by Bag »

So since patching, while I have 3 clients open, the entire sound for my computer is f'd up. It's extremely choppy and sounds lagged/wrong. It only occurs since patching and only it seems with all 3 clients open at once. I only have music enabled on one of the clients, but all sounds are f'd on the entire computer and even applications outside of UO. Might have to revert :(.

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

Don't know what to tell you... it's not doing anything exotic, it's only playing mp3s. It sounds more like it's an issue with your computer rather than anything the client is doing. I've been running with 3 clients open now, music in one, for about 2 hours with no issues, and I've turned on/off music in a second client while the first was still playing and didn't experience any issues either.

Bag

Post by Bag »

I thought it might be a PC issue, but I can't seem to replicate it anywhere else, even having multiple music players open. Possible that it's just a weak sound card (I just use my mobo's stock card). I can work around it by just turning all sound off on one of the clients that's just macroing.

What's strange is that even if music is off on ALL clients, the sound is still all choppy and strange, which never happened before at all.

Bag

Post by Bag »

Just as an update, I had to revert back the pre-patch version. I've never run into the sound oddities I was experiencing with the clients post-patch. My entire PC had choppy, broken sounds every time I had 3 clients open. I'm not saying that it isn't entirely possible that this has to do with weirdness on my own end, but just a heads up it could be problematic for a small percentage of users. Reverting is easy enough since you back up your files on patching anyway.

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

well sorry to hear man.. don't know what the problem could be.. i could work with you on another solution to try out if you wanted to.. pm me for details if you're interested.. i'll give you the 411