Stealing while Holding Weapons

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Stealing while Holding Weapons

Post by chumbucket »

Scanning through the first UO:R patch notes reveals the following under the heading Thievery Changes:

"Your cannot have any items (weapons, shields, spellbook, etc) in your hands when attempting to steal in combat."

Does this mean we should be able to steal now with weapons in hand? :)

Derrick

Re: Stealing while Holding Weapons

Post by Derrick »

Eduardo wrote:Scanning through the first UO:R patch notes reveals the following under the heading Thievery Changes:

"Your cannot have any items (weapons, shields, spellbook, etc) in your hands when attempting to steal in combat."

Does this mean we should be able to steal now with weapons in hand? :)
I'm not sure. But prior to this patch you were unable to steal in combat.
I suspect you are correct. Since you could not steal at all when in a fight, I don't think it mattered much except for the purpose of misdirection that you had weapons in your hands. This certainly warrants further research.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Stealing while Holding Weapons

Post by Kaivan »

According to the first set of patch notes for UOR, which marked the changes to stealing (much like it did the combat timers), and to the UODemo, stealing with a weapon equipped was possible during this era.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org