Game account no longer works

tomzilla

Game account no longer works

Post by tomzilla »

Yesterday, I installed the client, created a character and played for a few minutes. I logged off and noticed I got an email about entering an auth code in game. I am now trying to log back in tonight and my user account/password no longer work. Did I wait too long to enter the auth code (I have no idea when the shard restarts or if that affects my account).

Where can I reset my accounts password?

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Game account no longer works

Post by Chaos »

No that shouldn't be a problem.

Yesterday we came back up from a small amount of down time ..

Since the attacks that cause Yesterday and the day before down time our IP address has changed and is now blocked by programs such as Peer Guardian. I am working on changing this, but if you use such programs plz for now turn them off when connecting to the shard.

Other then this if there are still issues please give more info. such as error message, network setup, firewalls .

TY

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

tomzilla

Post by tomzilla »

No firewalls or programs that I don't run any helper programs.

It simply tells me to check my username/password. I've tried the password I used multiple times and for safe measure I've tried all passwords I use, none of them work.

So, I either need the account reset or I guess I need to start over

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

I could make a lot of suggestions . misspells would be the leading problem .. but easiest way to fix, log on to our irc channel and pm Derrick for account help when he gets a free min.

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

tomzilla

Post by tomzilla »

I created another account and started over and now the same problem. This is getting REALLY frustrating. Is it because I don't enter the auth code in time?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The auth code has no effect on your ability to access your account, but it will help with password or user name recovery in the future if there is a problem.

The authcode that's sent by email needs to be entered in the same day that it's generated, that is, before shard restart at 7am eastern time.

If you are unable to access your accounts, send me a PM in here with the account name, or hop in IRC and send me a mesage, I can help.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."