steal by target question

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
zaferoff

steal by target question

Post by zaferoff »

If I was fighting on my thief what would be the macro for stealing bandies. I know its something to do with steal by target but I forget now :/ I have a macro to steal last target but I want a special macro for stealing bandies on a different hotkey. Can anyone post how their macro is set up? It'd help a lot.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: steal by target question

Post by Roser »

you have to snoop your victim before stealing a targeted item from them. Further more, if that victim runs off your screen (off screens you) then you will have to re-snoop them to attempt to steal said item again.

Arkosh Kovasz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arkosh Kovasz »

Well the problem with steal by target type on razor, is that it can't differentiate between locations. Such as trying to steal bandaids from your pack, your opponents, off the ground, outta a container etc. So its really not an effective way to steal.

Someone correct me if Im wrong.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Meet me in game ill show you how to steal properly, if your in IRC PM me, im Rose

Arkosh Kovasz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arkosh Kovasz »

Since were talking about stealing, and I have yet to see anyone post about this, I'm going to share a little trick that helps with targeting while stealing.

There's a feature in razor, I believe under agents(will Double check and edit when I get home if wrong) called something like Item Expempt. When you add a target to this list, at least for count purposes, Razor wont recognize you having it on your person.

Example would be, Mandrake root being added to list, my reg count for madrake root would no longer show the correct amount. It would show zero, like I didn't have any on me.

Now, with objects added to the list go under one of the options tabs. There will be an Auto Search Exemption Highlight feature. This is set to a bright ass indigo by default.

As you can tell by now, it will cause the items on your list to highlight whatever color you choose, making looking through a pack for particular items much easier.

Hope this helps.

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

In the "misc." section in hotkeys tab, theres a button called "last object", its a key for d. clicking the last object you d. clicked on which is handy for snooping.
Incorporate this into your macro somehow.
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

zaferoff

Post by zaferoff »

I have that type of macro and know how to steal just figured there might be a way of having a macro to steal a persons bandies no matter what, without snooping, but I guess I can just stick to my use skill stealing, wait for target, last target. Thanks for the help

Return to “Guides”