Magincia Bank

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Sandro

Magincia Bank

Post by Sandro »

On Atlantic, there was a way to get underneath Magincia bank, where there was a single tile you could stand on, and mark a rune.

I've long since forgotten how to do this, and was wondering if anyone else knows about this and remembers how it was done.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Magincia Bank

Post by GuardianKnight »

You could put a box on your character and log out and back in and youd be under the ground in those spots. For some reason they have disabled this era accurate trick here.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Interesting.

Also on the topic of banks.

Does anyone remember being able to teleport on top of Brit Bank by standing between the opened bank doors, and using last target on the ledge right above you?(While standing directly below it).

You had to use last target to be able to target it without seeing it. Lake Superior is where I used to do this.

Corbin

Post by Corbin »

I believe it was an exploit that could be used maliciously, in which case, it should indeed be disabled.
Pacific (98-02) - Mystic of FL
Catskills (03-08) - Roo Avery of VIT, T^B
UOSA - Amos Trask/Roo Avery of WTC

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Corbin wrote:I believe it was an exploit that could be used maliciously, in which case, it should indeed be disabled.
Indeed, but if that is so then I believe the Lich Lord balcony bug should be taken out. Because it is abused a lot by players with malicious intent at times as well. Someone can loot your lich lords and just run around all day on the balcony and you have a very low chance of killing them even if they have 0 resist and 0 wrestling. Or someone can kill your friend, loot him then run around on balcony till eh goes blue or recalls(which your chance of interupting him is VERY low since you have to be next to them) It's a very bad bug I can't believe Derrick kept it in and yea that's going too far, that's being obsessive.

A tad bit...abused. I really think the lich lord room bug is way worse than the one Sandro is talking about. The worst that can happen is a waring guild member is in the spot bank safety. People can do that with boats as well parked near serpents.

Corbin

Post by Corbin »

Psilo wrote:Indeed, but if that is so then I believe the Lich Lord balcony bug should be taken out. Because it is abused a lot by players with malicious intent at times as well. Someone can loot your lich lords and just run around all day on the balcony and you have a very low chance of killing them even if they have 0 resist and 0 wrestling. Or someone can kill your friend, loot him then run around on balcony till eh goes blue or recalls(which your chance of interupting him is VERY low since you have to be next to them) It's a very bad bug I can't believe Derrick kept it in and yea that's going too far, that's being obsessive.

A tad bit...abused. I really think the lich lord room bug is way worse than the one Sandro is talking about. The worst that can happen is a waring guild member is in the spot bank safety. People can do that with boats as well parked near serpents.
And this is why we bring this stuff up, so it can be addressed and fixed if the admin see reason enough to do so.
Pacific (98-02) - Mystic of FL
Catskills (03-08) - Roo Avery of VIT, T^B
UOSA - Amos Trask/Roo Avery of WTC

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Psilo wrote:
Corbin wrote:I believe it was an exploit that could be used maliciously, in which case, it should indeed be disabled.
Indeed, but if that is so then I believe the Lich Lord balcony bug should be taken out. Because it is abused a lot by players with malicious intent at times as well. Someone can loot your lich lords and just run around all day on the balcony and you have a very low chance of killing them even if they have 0 resist and 0 wrestling. Or someone can kill your friend, loot him then run around on balcony till eh goes blue or recalls(which your chance of interupting him is VERY low since you have to be next to them) It's a very bad bug I can't believe Derrick kept it in and yea that's going too far, that's being obsessive.

Really, this is "abused" - grabbing 600gp and a magic gnarled staff every once in a while?

I think the Magincia bug is far worse due to the fact that it may lead to a ton of other exploits, most of which being house break-in bugs, which - next to duping and account hacking - are about the worst bugs out there.

So in short - probably not the same thing.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

I seem to remember there being a little canal under magincia bank, and if im not mistaken once you got down there, there was room for 1 small boat to be placed.

Could be wrong about that part though..
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Sandro is right, you should be able to log out on a mobile or item and be pushed to the next available (upper or lower) walkable surface. This can NOT be used to break into houses, as when you log in, you are automatically booted once the server pushes you up to the region. This is how we got to alot of places in T2A. I brought this up before, and it was said to be accurate, just not implimented yet. From what I understand, the original intention of this function (on osi) was for situations like one where a player logs out, and another player drops a house over them. When they log in, they would be stuck in the foundation. Keep in mind there was NO help-stuck option.

Izual
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Izual »

Remember Serps inside the walls!

A N N I H A L U S!!

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Yeah all the old bugs/features regarding switching Z axis don't work here.

I've got no idea how people get onto roofs here. The teleport trick doesn't work, and nor does the logout/login on top of a mobile trick.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Cataclyst

Post by Cataclyst »

Horse dung and stools raise z axis when locked down, thats how roofs are done.
(10:15:37 AM) mark: wana pk?
(10:15:41 AM) Cataclysm: all mine are dead, sigh
(10:15:44 AM) Cataclysm: thank weezy for one, spanky for the other
(10:15:49 AM) Cataclysm: and a dc for the third
(10:15:57 AM) mark: why u shouldnt team with ethnics

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Cataclyst wrote:Horse dung and stools raise z axis when locked down, thats how roofs are done.
He means the roof of a public building.

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

teleport

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

marmalade wrote:teleport
that makes things so much easier, thanks
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE