Re: Goodbye this is just sad. Im sorry.

Post by Rammar »

Domnu wrote:Mens Rea = troll
Get it right.

Ollie

Post by Ollie »

miken1c3 wrote:
I think the fact that there is no house trading gump is an outrage. Trust other players? That obviously doesn't work. Now a month of my time has been wasted on a server I actually love and enjoy. And there is nothing a game moderator will do.

Agree, agree, agree. There needs to be a vocal community of people pushing for this kind of change on these forums. being forced to use brokers or risk getting scammed is just plain stupid.

Take note that the people who oppose a change like this the most are brokers themselves, and consequently, among the richest and most powerful(socially) on the server.

Seems like a coincidence, eh?
Cowards that are currently up for a personal bounty!

Veritas
Smithy

Ollie

Post by Ollie »

Mens Rea wrote:
Braden wrote:For the record, I believe Sandro's analysis of the situation is correct. The logs were incorrectly interpreted.
[For the record staff, I believe staff should keep well clear of inter-personal disputes which do not amount to exploiting the game.

Otherwise what exactly are you? A judge? Do you determine all matters arising from disputes between people?

No, you help people who are stuck in game and keep quiet, otherwise you are overstepping the mark- and probably connected with Sandro's scam.
I didn't notice this post because I was hasty, but good god man, shut up. You aren't the boss of the staff and it's their friggin choice what they do and do not intercede in.

Some of you people are just screaming for the right to be a scamming little turd that takes advantage of a 12 year old system that CLEARLY needs a touch up. How about the staff does the exact opposite of what you say simply to prove that they don't have to listen to ignorant presumptuous fools like you.
Cowards that are currently up for a personal bounty!

Veritas
Smithy

LargePiece
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by LargePiece »

I'm way late in this piece but man, scamming someone for nearly 500k? What an asshole.
Disco Damnation: "Why is my mouth so dry? I think I need something to eat."
Large Piece: "Damn, fencing is useless..."

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

What an epic display of trolling.

I love people like Mens-Rea who publicly make an ass out of themselves. How did I even get drug into the scammer label in the first place? I simply pointed out that you can't read worth a f*ck.

;/ sorry but you sir are a tool
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Boudoir

Post by Boudoir »

I currently have 445k to my name. I started off on this server about 10 days ago and have been farming like mad.
I work really hard IRL and between my work and my 2 kids I don't get to play a lot.
Are you a no-life or a man responsible for his family ?

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Boudoir wrote:
I currently have 445k to my name. I started off on this server about 10 days ago and have been farming like mad.
I work really hard IRL and between my work and my 2 kids I don't get to play a lot.
Are you a no-life or a man responsible for his family ?
lol... yeah i'm a little confused too.

i have 1 mill to my name and i've been playing here since february, farming pretty consistently whenever i play
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

tenduil

Post by tenduil »

Before you leave please tell me your secret for being here 10 days and getting 445k.
Faust wrote: Why are you questioning everything when you are too lazy to find this stuff yourself?
The whole approach on your part is rather ironic. Refuse to do the work in finding the information yourself but rebute anything that is presented to you.
Awesomeness

biski

Post by biski »

Same story, different game. Put in mechanics that cater to griefers and lowlifes and you'll get a playerbase filled with "unsavory people" (edited for Derrick). This is also why Darkfall is going down the toilet. The bottom-feeders just rob and grief people until they have no desire to log in anymore and the playerbase just dwindles over time. Not only are they getting griefed and robbed, but then they realize that 9.9/10 people that are playing the same game with them are these types of people. They have no new people to meet and play the game with because everyone is a complete "turd" (edited for Derrick) looking to ruin someones good time. They are like a virus on the server and they are allowed to run rampant until everything is destroyed and no one is left playing anymore. I guess this is more apparent in Darkfall but it still pertains to UOSA in some respects.

FRRREEEEDDDDOOOMMMMM!

P.S. - Have 2 second hally swings been fixed yet? Me and my friends are waiting for this fix to go in before we start playing again. Just curious.
Last edited by Derrick on Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: language: http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=19466

applejack
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by applejack »

fyi this was me who scammed this dude oh so long ago.

cA always wins.
[cA] Organizational Information
[cA] Tales of Adventure
Tabius wrote:I am disgusted by cA's attitude in this and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Millerisfuntoplay

Post by Millerisfuntoplay »

miken1c3 wrote:Was robbed of almost 500k. This is just dumb.

Is this IM unwanted, threatening, or inappropriate?Report this user
This user is not on your buddy listView buddy info | Add to list | Block
aku1974 is available 5:37 pm
aku1974 5:37 pm
(6:14:01 PM): Ahoy. I saw your post on UOSA forums regarding a tower. I have one too many and I will unload it for a good price.
(6:14:01 PM): Well if you're interested, let me know. It's not far from Vesper. The lowest I'd go would be tower deed plus two smalls which ends up around 520k. That's actually quite a bargain but I have plenty of gold and don't need to get greedy.
MikeN1c3 6:15 pm
(6:15:12 PM): Hi how are you, I am interested however I currently have 445k to my name. I started off on this server about 10 days ago and have been farming like mad. I have off of work tomorrow so I will work hard in the next few hours to get the rest if thats okay with you.
(6:15:34 PM): I can AIM you when I have the gold
aku1974 6:16 pm
(6:16:08 PM): Sounds good! Look forward to hearing from you.
MikeN1c3 6:16 pm
(6:16:16 PM): Okay and I thank you again
aku1974 11:34 pm
(11:34:24 PM): Hello there. How's the farming going? I was about to head to bed soon.
MikeN1c3 11:35 pm
(11:35:05 PM): Ahh I am at about 500kish at this point. If your in no hurry tomorro I will have it.
MikeN1c3 11:36 pm
(11:36:46 PM): Having many PK issues tonight haha
aku1974 11:36 pm
(11:36:57 PM): To be honest with you, that amount would be fine. It's not that I'm in a hurry. I just work most of the day tmo. You're rather new and I have a soft spot for new players.
MikeN1c3 11:37 pm
(11:37:40 PM): Wow thank you and I can still pay you the money I acually insist I pay you it
aku1974 11:38 pm
(11:38:37 PM): If you insist. You can just give me tower deed and small deed and I will transfer it over. If you feel the need to pay me another small deed, I'm not gonna argue with you lol.
MikeN1c3 11:39 pm
(11:39:22 PM): Okay and I will you another one
(11:39:34 PM): If your doing me a favor I want to return the favor
aku1974 11:41 pm
(11:41:01 PM): Alright let me know when you have that together. We can meet in a town and I'll gate over.
MikeN1c3 11:41 pm
(11:41:09 PM): Okay getting it all now
MikeN1c3 11:46 pm
(11:46:48 PM): Im at Skara Bank all is ready
aku1974 11:47 pm
(11:47:14 PM): Ok. My tower owner is named Ray Smuckles. He is on his way. Who are you?
aku1974 is offline 11:55 pm

IMs are delivered when the buddy signs in. Send aku1974 a text message
MikeN1c3 12:01 am
(12:01:43 AM): Your offline but thanks man I appriciate that. I work really hard IRL and between my work and my 2 kids I don't get to play a lot. This server was my shot back at old UO and now you've ruined that for me. That was everything I had. Thanks =/

I think the fact that there is no house trading gump is an outrage. Trust other players? That obviously doesn't work. Now a month of my time has been wasted on a server I actually love and enjoy. And there is nothing a game moderator will do.
I know it's been 5 years. But can I have all your stuff?

nevermind

Post by nevermind »

i wish there was a way to un bump useless old threads But so be it ^^^
irc axejunkie

Kye Smogg

Post by Kye Smogg »

Necro'ing this post could be beneficial as a good history lesson.

2010 and those next few years were the golden years for UOSA's population. But a primary reason many either quit UO all together or went elsewhere wasn't due to game mechanics or the staff, but the quality of the core population. The "deal with it/learn from it/real men play Felucca" crowd.

Many came back to Ultima Online for a bit of nostalgia, allowing them return to an earlier period in their lives that likely also provided a bit more free time. They discovered they didn't have the free time they once did, so the time invested and the things earned meant a bit more to the player. Once they got scammed or pk'ed it stung a bit more. Some just quit, others at least posted (sometimes in epic ragequit fashion) before their departure only to be insulted by certain no-life veterans that seemingly (<-- see what I did there) got off on an unfriendly play style.

For a few years we witnessed the phase of denial as people insisted it was just the "time of year" and that "come [insert season or month here] things will pick up again" yet IDOCs were in abundance and the numbers were heading south.

So here we are today, Ultima diehards have become a dying breed. Nothing the devs can/are going to do will attract new players, it falls upon the tiny player base that remains here.

azheman
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by azheman »

who is applejack?

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Oh look. Blaise crying.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.