Blessed Items should break from damage [reposted]

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
GleepGlop

Re: Blessed Items should break from damage [reposted]

Post by GleepGlop »

Omnicron wrote: There is no point in blessing anything if it can be destroyed.
So having the item stay with you when you die is useless?

poogoblin

Post by poogoblin »

With CBDs being available this past Christmas there is an influx in these things. Making Blessed items breakable will help alleviate some of the surplus.

Omnicron

Post by Omnicron »

poogoblin wrote:With CBDs being available this past Christmas there is an influx in these things. Making Blessed items breakable will help alleviate some of the surplus.

You can never have to many.

Fwerp
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fwerp »

Not going to happen. K, TYIA. [resposted]

BobDobbs
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BobDobbs »

Omnicron wrote:
poogoblin wrote:With CBDs being available this past Christmas there is an influx in these things. Making Blessed items breakable will help alleviate some of the surplus.

You can never have to many.
Tell that to the item count.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken
UOSA Last.fm group!

Ulfrigg

Post by Ulfrigg »

Blessed items did break at this era and should be imo, those unhappy about it see it from the bright side cbd will go up since you need more of them or just do like everyone else did back in the days, take the stuff off when pvping!!

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

just wear a kilt

problem solved

Stonewilled
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Stonewilled »

SO..... Months later... The market for these "Prepatched Masks" has gone through the roof. They are almost unattainable. Not only is having these grandfathered items a mockery of the T2A era, but it also a huge discouragement to new players who realize, "Wow! I can never acquire things like these old skool elitists have sitting in their bank boxes collecting dust!" Some only removing them to ride around and taunt the newer pbase with these unattainable items. We already have the blight of neon sandals.. do we really want to make this list longer?

I say all or nothing. Either make masks unbreakable once dyed or make them all breakable.

Might I add I do own a couple pairs of prepatched sandals.. though they cannot hold a candle to the value of a prepatched mask, I am still more than willing to give up their status.

1. It's bad for the economy.
2. It's bad for new player recruitment.
3. It's only good for old skool elitists who apparently care very little about the T2A spirit.

IT IS BAD.
[10:42:25] <yomega> never picked someoneto grudge on
[10:42:31] <yomega> but it will be u

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

(edit) Sorry, post made stone all tempermental at me.
Last edited by GuardianKnight on Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Stonewilled
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Stonewilled »

Content deleted.
[10:42:25] <yomega> never picked someoneto grudge on
[10:42:31] <yomega> but it will be u

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

bump (can't believe this thread is already a year old!)
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Arsen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arsen »

cu here in 2 years ^^
[22:00:50] <@Dupre> arsen isnt raging, hes jsut german, it just sounds taht way
[22:00:58] <@Dupre> hes actually very calm and gentle
[22:03:54] <@Dupre> arsen is also the best player here

chewybacca

Post by chewybacca »

Homie wrote: Nobody ever said (insert skill here) will stay as powerful as it is
Nobody ever stated black sandals will be only avaiable through the silver sys
Nobody said monster loot will stay forever the same
But i was told my mask will be unbreakable before i purchased it
Derrick wrote:Yes on both questions.
While clothing is not repairable and does have an AR that is relative to it's remaining durability, when the durability of a blessed clothing piece reaches zero, and therefore it's AR as well, it will not be destroyed.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=511&start=60
<ARSEN> i was stoned the first time after a 2 months break likei was about to die but later it was just like everyday me sitting in the underground train thinking ppl r stalking me
<fox_phyre> I JUST WANT TO FEEL YOUR BREATH ON MY BEARD

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

chewybacca wrote:
Homie wrote: Nobody ever said (insert skill here) will stay as powerful as it is
Nobody ever stated black sandals will be only avaiable through the silver sys
Nobody said monster loot will stay forever the same
But i was told my mask will be unbreakable before i purchased it
Derrick wrote:Yes on both questions.
While clothing is not repairable and does have an AR that is relative to it's remaining durability, when the durability of a blessed clothing piece reaches zero, and therefore it's AR as well, it will not be destroyed.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=511&start=60
Welcome to last years argument. The problem with your comment is that it is fallacious in such a way as to force you to assume that Derricks comment actually meant "These items will never change in the future...", whereas it's clear that his literal meaning is remarking only on the present. There have been many cases where he has claimed certain things. For instance, you might find him commenting that the katana is faster than the kryss. We know this to be untrue, yet the "Derrick Said" argument does not hold because of the servers devoted goal of era accuracy (You don't see any grandfathered katanas around do you?).

chewybacca

Post by chewybacca »

The entire point of my post was to point out that people were told that when they bless an item it will not break. Its not to say its era accurate. I'm only talking about how GF blessed items shouldn't break because when they were previously bought they were told it would not break.
<ARSEN> i was stoned the first time after a 2 months break likei was about to die but later it was just like everyday me sitting in the underground train thinking ppl r stalking me
<fox_phyre> I JUST WANT TO FEEL YOUR BREATH ON MY BEARD