Tracking at GM

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
leterrien
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Tracking at GM

Post by leterrien »

being a GM tracker isn't all it's cut out to be now.... My tracking is sooooo good that most of the time I receive the "area is too crowded" message, even when at a bank with no one around, like Occlo. I know that tracking was changed to be more accurate and get rid of the pointing arrow, but maybe the expansion of the range at GM makes it so I cannot track anyone because NPCs and players are thrown together, making the menu overflow. Just thought I would point this out, as I havent seen anyone mention it yet.

Derrick

Re: Tracking at GM

Post by Derrick »

leterrien wrote:being a GM tracker isn't all it's cut out to be now.... My tracking is sooooo good that most of the time I receive the "area is too crowded" message, even when at a bank with no one around, like Occlo. I know that tracking was changed to be more accurate and get rid of the pointing arrow, but maybe the expansion of the range at GM makes it so I cannot track anyone because NPCs and players are thrown together, making the menu overflow. Just thought I would point this out, as I havent seen anyone mention it yet.
THere was another question as to when they split up players and NPC's in the menu that was never well answered. This would solve that problem as well.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

I never had a tracker with any decent amount of skill, but I am almost certain that during T2A there was a split between animals, monsters, NPCs and humans. I used to make characters with 50 skill and play with them.

eyesdearth

Post by eyesdearth »

There is a split between 1. animals, 2. monsters, and 3. NPCs/humans, but is there a sub-menu under 3? I don't know.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The number of creatures that may be in the area was greatly increased in this morning's patch

brandonsantacruz

Post by brandonsantacruz »

Tracking now has enough range to be useful. Thanks Derrick!

leterrien
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by leterrien »

Thanks for looking into this Derrick, you da man! =)

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Woot!

Glad it's working right. Thanks for the updates

Mephistopheles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mephistopheles »

Tracking was split between NPCs and Players but is still not changed.

At least change the angle so people can't see where my characters are. Fire/IPBan anyone who plays my characters too plz. KThxBai.

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

I don't think Derrick has a problem splitting them, he's just asking for some proof.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

We have firmly established that NPC's and Players both showed in the same menu during the era.

Naljier

Post by Naljier »

Derrick wrote:We have firmly established that NPC's and Players both showed in the same menu during the era.

yup and it sucked that way :(

Arkosh Kovasz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arkosh Kovasz »

I had GM tracking, but dropped it for lockpicking. The message about the area being too crowded was getting annoying. Anyone the lowest skill level tracking can still be quite useful?As in if I can track within the same screen or one screen away that would be nice.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Tracking was split between NPCs and Players but is still not changed.
Nay, I used tracking during t2a on almost every character. I use it here as well, and it works just fine. That npc/player split was (probably) during UO;R when they added that silly little arrow for the people who couldn't read. It's all about finding the proper level of skill for your environment.

Return to “In Game Bug Reports”