UOSA Public Auction Night

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
Maleus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

UOSA Public Auction Night

Post by Maleus »

This is a feeler thread for an public auction to take place at a regular location (obviously in game) at a regular time (probably monthly at first and more often if it does well) selling goods that people are trying to sell quickly or in large lots. Anyone from the community would be able to attend and bid on the item with the understanding that all sales are final.

The minimum starting bid for any item or lot would probably be something like 10k as we wouldn't want to waste anyones time. The seller would understand that the item would sell for whatever the final bid was with reserves only being allowed on very high dollar items (maybe 100k and up.) Things for sale could be anything from magic weapons and rares to houses.

If this event sounds like something you might attend, or might want to use to sell some items, post here. If you think this won't work for some reason, please post why.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Re: UOSA Public Auction Night

Post by son »

Dark Radiance did this a while back with Shadowmire and UOH , I think he got mixed results, but the event certainly went well.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I think it's a nice, fun idea. You should collect the item(s) from people before hand so the seller cant just back out of the deal. That would promote more bidders to show up because there would be an actual auction ruleset and the seller cant just back out, or "sell to a private mystery bidder!".

Coloram
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Coloram »

Yes this sounds like a good idea. Some players don't use, know about or trust the forums so this would give them some way to buy or sell items. It will also promote more player interaction in-game.
Aldarian - DG

yossarian
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by yossarian »

This is cool, I especially like the idea about giving the items to the auctioneer to prevent people from reneging at the end of the auction. Would be much more interesting than a forum auction.

Pacifico

Post by Pacifico »

I like the idea, will definitely participate as a seller and buyer. I was asking either UOH or $$$ about this months ago, I remember going to them on OSI just to watch because I was poor. haha

BenBrawl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BenBrawl »

Ive thought about trying this for a while now. I think its a great idea
Facebook.com/AbsoluteCustomsLLC

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Depending on time and day, this is something that would certainly interest me.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Maleus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Maleus »

Ok based on all the positive feedback, this is definitely going to happen. I'll try to work out a regular time and place soon. Check back in the next couple of days for more details.

Voltron

Post by Voltron »

Oddly enough I was thinking of starting one myself.
GuardianKnight wrote:He wants voltron's sword to be stuck in him.
[23:23] <Alcon> can i get a price check on shemps blade?
ShastaMcNasty wrote:FREE THE RED NIGHTMARE!!!

Karik Verlee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Karik Verlee »

I like the idea, I like matrons idea of collecting the item before the auction so it DOES sell. Store the items at a secure location, the auctioneers bank? And do the auction at the music hall in brit.
Big John, Minin Man, Harm
Chesapeake May 1999-June 2008
Karik Verlee [TEB], Hilik [WL], Amabo [WL]
UOSA March, 28th 2010-Present

Maleus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Maleus »

Voltron wrote:Oddly enough I was thinking of starting one myself.
As I said, this is something I would like to get around to, but I don't know how soon. If anyone else would like to experiment with it in the short term, that would be perfectly fine with me.

Mad Max
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mad Max »

I remember going to these a long long time ago, sounds fun.

Gray Wolf

Post by Gray Wolf »

These are a great idea, however... some concerns:

1) With no safe trammy, security is a concern. Red's like to play in such events, if not only just the plain old griefers(sp). Theives would and will get REAL inventive.

2) Submission bags should be sold for a few gold with a book where the item can be labeled, and minimum amount stated. The bag then goes to auction staff for recording on the auction block roster.

3) A trivia game throughout the evening is always fun.

4) Need one person doing nothing but verifying the winner of the item auctions.

5) A `Mystery Chest' at the end is always alot of fun, filled with items of use and maybe a rare.

6) A book of rules locked down for all to see and read is a must.

In carebear-trammie lands, such auctions are viable. Here, it would take some doing.

MOA on GL shard ran this like a well oiled machine, but ran it in trammel in an 18x18 designed specifically with security in mind. They had alot of staff as well.

Good luck!
Sure am glad no-one called the guards!

:::: whack :::::

Generic

Post by Generic »

I would definitely attend things like this. I used to go to one in a castle on ice island on great lakes back in the day, always wanted another one since then.