This is going to increase our accuracy 1 million-fold - BUGS

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

This is going to increase our accuracy 1 million-fold - BUGS

Post by Mens Rea »

Go to: http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.uoshack.com

Click on: Oct 12 1999

Click on: Bugs [on the left]

Click on: The number "8" (and continue upwards from 1999 onwards)

Start searching and see if you can find anything

Note: I used to use this site when it was the latest thing. Not all of the bugs were legitimate, even if they say "Confirmed" but I would wager my left testicle that at VERY LEAST there will be things in here which jog T2A veteran's memories.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: This is going to increase our accuracy 1 million-fold -

Post by Mens Rea »

Hell if we have co-owners we might as well have this:
First make someone a co-owner and have them place strongbox. Remove their co-owner status and then say I wish to release this and I wish to unsecure this, both times targeting strongbox. Eventually it will be free to stick in your inventory. i>

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Everyone knows this one, but it doesn't exist here?:
Ok here is the bug on how to steal water barrels and empty tubs. Just Pour water in them If there empty then take water out. If there full just empty them.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Yep, it's true:
"Who needs lockpicking? Check this out. You will from time to time find barrels in dungeouns that are locked down. However, you are able to pick these up and carry them around. All you need to do is carry them until you find a monster. As the monster approaches you, just place the barrel on the ground in between you and the monster. The monster will destroy the barrel in trying to get at you, leaving the contents on the ground. Check it out..."
http://web.archive.org/web/200010131534 ... 5&numpp=10

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Summoned horses could interupt a GM wrestler's casting really well too, because they have MASSIVELY higher stam than a normal horse:
"Just a little thing I noticed... It seems summoned horses have infinate stamina. Even though they dissapear after around 5-10 minutes they are useful if you just want to mess around in buncs fighting a bunch of reds or what have you that will kill your horse when your done."
http://web.archive.org/web/200010082348 ... hp3?id=282

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

I was JUST THINKING THIS LAST NIGHT when macroing and my tower was surrounded by ogres and orcs:

[quote]"Not sure how this can help you very much but, I was dueling im my friend's smithy last night. I died along the wall and there was a banned Ettin standing there. When I got rezzed and looted my corpse I found that my reg bag was missing. I thought it had been looted by someone in the house but couldn't prove it. I got mad and after about 15 minutes decided to kill the Ettin. When looting I found my bag of regs on him. Somehow he had looted through the wall! I don't know what you can use this for but I'm sure someone out there will find something."

Weazels idea: " If you kill a macroer at the edge of his house with some creativity you could get a monster to retrive the loot for you when he gets a handful kill him if you get lucky enough you could end up with his house keys.[quote]
http://web.archive.org/web/200012071500 ... hp3?id=274

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Ahhhh I was illegal house placement existed on here - but DOES give some insight into BS resist bug:
"Another way to partake of the resist bug. If you have a house that you can walk under, you can cast the BS under the house, then walk into your house and walk back and forth. Ah finally a use for my house in the trees!!! ;-]"
http://web.archive.org/web/200010081027 ... hp3?id=272

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

A clue as to using items in other people's houses:
"Ok, here are several related bugs: 1. First, everyone knows (I assume) already about a tinker's ability to use resources through a floor. In short, the tinker can go to the second floor of a two story public house, use his tinker tools on a stack of ingots on the floor (in an inaccessible location), go to the first floor directly (or nearly) beneath that stack, and tinker away using last target. No problem, excellent for gaining tinkering skill without using (your) precious ingots. There are several additional applications of this bug, though. 2. You can resmelt certain tinkered items (such as sledge hammers, smith hammers, I think pickaxes, etc). So if you have a good tinker with high mining, you get 2/3 or so of the ingots you use back. 3. You can use a forge (or anvil) through the floor as well! Therefore, you can tinker those ingots away and if they're stacked near the forge (as they almost always are), then you can resmelt them where you stand. You will have to go back upstairs to re-target the ingot stack, however. 4. Much more importantly, in the same manner that you can tinker someone else's ingots, *you can blacksmith them!* Blacksmithing doesn't require that the ingots you blacksmith be in your backpack, but only checks to make sure that you have enough ingots in your backpack to make the desired item. So, go into that house with 30 ingots or so in your backpack, target the ingots upstairs (using tinker tools, or anything else that sets them to your last target), go downstairs underneath the ingots, and near to underneath the forge/anvil, and blacksmith with last target. To top it off, resmelt those items; you gain blacksmithing skill with someone else's ingots, and get to keep the resmelted ingots for yourself. Double bonus. 5. As an important note, sometimes you'll try to blacksmith the ingots, and you're not near a forge, or not near an anvil, but if you move closer to the forge/anvil, you're too far away from the ingots. No problem! Once you bring up the blacksmithing menu while you're near the forge and anvil, move a bit and target the ingots. The game never does a subsequent check to make sure that you've remained near the forge/anvil. This, as you can imagine, has several additional applications all its own. Lather, rinse repeat. I found a guy whose 2-story house was properly configured, and so far (with 5 hours of effort), I've gotten my smithing skill up 12 points, tinkering up 1, taken home 4200 iron and 600 colored ingots in the process, and banked about 7k from selling my blacksmithed items. He still has 18k ingots left from the 31k he had originally, so I'll be going back tonight! Hope you like it."
http://web.archive.org/web/200010080538 ... hp3?id=270

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Another one of my "pet peeves" - that's right - a documented mention of the RELEASE A DRAGON AND BEING ABLE TO TAME IT AGAIN bug.
It is possible for people with no taming skill to tame a newly released frenzied ostard which normally take an adept tamer to tame.

Weazels Note: This seems too work with every animal/monster.
http://web.archive.org/web/200006101214 ... hp3?id=182

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Another thing already covered and still being discussed:
"Ok, you didn't like my last bug as I got no account, so here's another. It appears you can go into the Balron room in Terathon Keep on horseback and raid the chests without being seen by the Balrons. All you have to do is get off your horse and stand there and not move and they will not target you or the horse. I have not personally tried this as I never go there on horseback, but I have witnessed many do this and they wait until I kill the Balron and then loot away."
http://web.archive.org/web/200006100757 ... hp3?id=181

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

We've used this site in the past to look up interesting mechanics. In all instances, the information was reflected in either the demo, patch notes, newsgroup postings, or HoC chat references. Despite that, it's nice to see some of the interesting discoveries people made.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

I have no idea if this is true:
"Here's a neat little bug for use with limited murder counts (to see if someone's worth pking). Use the ID skill on a player's backpack (on their paperdoll), it will give something like this: "It appears to be a backpack, you guess it's value at XXXXX gold pieces" Without even a decent ID skill this can tell you whether someone is worth getting that murder count =) hope this helps you blue pks."
http://web.archive.org/web/200010220244 ... hp3?id=165

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Makes sense:
"Use poison spell(or better, deadly poisoned blade) on someone and give him a In Vas Mani. As he gained full health again. You will not take a murder count if he really dies from the poison. This works great on a MACROer in town and someone who can't cure deadly poison."
http://web.archive.org/web/200006210954 ... hp3?id=157

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Locked down items again:
"I don't know if you have this bug and if it's fixed but I was walking around with a friend and get inside a public house and some deeds was on the floor but LOCK DOWN on the floor... So I double-click on one of then and the cursor appears for me. I canceled the action and ask my friend to open a gate to my home and I gave to him my house key, so I double clicked again in the deed and the cursor appears again I walking trougth the gate and get inside my house with the cursor activeded, so i clicked in the floor of my house and a bed was placed on it... To do this you need 2 people, I to open the doors of the shop and your house and open the gate and another one to click on the deed..."
http://web.archive.org/web/200011191045 ... hp3?id=204

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Kaivan wrote:We've used this site in the past to look up interesting mechanics. In all instances, the information was reflected in either the demo, patch notes, newsgroup postings, or HoC chat references. Despite that, it's nice to see some of the interesting discoveries people made.
Find some stuff then if you're the expert.