The "Get all of Theograd's Stuff" Scavenger Hunt [7/23-25]

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
Theograd

The "Get all of Theograd's Stuff" Scavenger Hunt [7/23-25]

Post by Theograd »

Third hunt is canceled. See here: http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=20842

Please note that these times are approximate. I will try to keep it as close to these times as possible, but setup time and real world complication may alter the start times.

UPDATED TIMES

These are three separate hunts, no need to be able to make it to all of them to participate.

Story Number One: Xanthos the Lost WON BY BLACKFOOT
Friday, July 23rd
9:45am EST
Starting Location: Yew Merchant Center (location is in my signature)
Use the rune on the floor labeled Story One - Yew Abbey. Rune may be blocked!

Story Number Two WON BY BOONE
Saturday, July 24th
1pm EST
Starting Location: Yew Merchant Center (location is in my signature)

Story Number Three
CANCELED, SEE http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=20842

Sorry, I couldn't think of a better name for the event.

I'm leaving the server for a while, and see no reason to keep all my stuff. A little while ago, I ran a scavenger hunt that was pretty well received and I've been thinking of ways to improve it. This is what I've come up with.

The Story Teller's Search

I will write three stories, and break each up into fifteen parts. The books will be titled "Story name Ch 1", and so on. Each chapter will reference at least one location in the game world, and that will lead you to finding the next chapter. This means some hints are dead ends. I've worked it out with Derek to have the books placed in existing containers so that the books will not decay. The first person to PM me on the forums the last sentence of the final chapter wins.

I will do one story per day for three days (July 23-25). If you win one of the hunts, you are disqualified from participating in the others. I will start each hunt by placing a rune in my Yew shop. From there, it's on you to dig through the shelves to find the book.

The total in prizes is roughly 2 Million gold in coin, and this will be split three ways. Once the three winners are declared, we'll arrange a time we can all meet, and I'll provide the winnings.

I don't intend this event to be easy, and I will not be providing hints. I hope everyone enjoys it.
Last edited by Theograd on Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:05 pm, edited 11 times in total.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: The "Get all of Theograd's Stuff" Scavenger Hunt [7/23-2

Post by MatronDeWinter »

So is the "story" completable at the first day? Or do you mean that you will be adding individual books at different times?

Theograd

Post by Theograd »

Sorry, I guess it wasn't that clear. There will be one story per day, for three days. For example, on 7/23, Derrick and I will place all fifteen chapters of story number one. I will then place a rune in my shop that goes to the area where we put the first chapter. Using hints from that chapter, you go off to find chapter two, and so on till you get to the final chapter. I'd imagine each story would be completed on the same day it's released, depending on participation.

There are a total of three complete stories, all unrelated to each other. Basically running the same event three times over three days.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Ok, that makes sense. Thanks

Commodore Axavious

Post by Commodore Axavious »

This sounds great :)

Question though:

Will multiple copies of each chapter will be present in each location? Lets say someone happens to open a box in the Yew Abby on some strange whim and finds Chapter 12... is everyone else out? Or will be the books be locked down?

If they can be lifted, they will make some fantastic rares when all's said and done :)

Theograd

Post by Theograd »

Per Derrick, the books will not be liftable, so I guess he does his magic on them. I believe the intention is to remove the books once the event is over.

SJane3384
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by SJane3384 »

Actually, it would be cool if the books got donated to the museum after. This is a pretty sweet (and one-of-a-kind) event.
Dolphins are NOT era accurate, and MUST be banned!
Sign my PETITION!

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

Aye, would be a good addition tot he new library expansion
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Theograd

Post by Theograd »

Getting close to nailing down dates and times for the three stories. Will update the OP when it's confirmed.

Theograd

Post by Theograd »

Times have been posted. I've tried to spread it out, hoping all players can be available to be competitive for at least one story.

Remember, first person to PM me on the forums with the last sentence of the fifteenth chapter of the story wins.

SJane3384
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by SJane3384 »

Zomg, I better get UO on my iPhone working tonight! I have to work tomorrow!
Sign my PETITION!

Theograd

Post by Theograd »

We have a winner for story number one. Congratulations, Blackfoot! Blackfoot is now disqualified from winning the next two hunts. I'll leave the books up till sometime this evening if others wish to run the hunt for fun. Thanks again to all who participated, and thanks for being patient after the rocky start. It was a great beta test for this weekend's hunts.

SJane3384
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by SJane3384 »

Theograd wrote:We have a winner for story number one. Congratulations, Blackfoot! Blackfoot is now disqualified from winning the next two hunts. I'll leave the books up till sometime this evening if others wish to run the hunt for fun. Thanks again to all who participated, and thanks for being patient after the rocky start. It was a great beta test for this weekend's hunts.
WHAT?! I call shenanigans!
Sign my PETITION!

Return to “Player Run Events”