Wind NPCs and Monster Bugs

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Blackbeard

Wind NPCs and Monster Bugs

Post by Blackbeard »

Players can stealth on their horses. I can't, so I'm assuming that this is your typical insect.

I'd also like to point out the enormous success rate with snooping and stealing as opposed to random stealing, which shouldn't be the case. About 8/10 times when I attempt to random steal, I choose a newbied item, with the other 9/10 being a guard whack.
Last edited by Blackbeard on Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
"In case I don't see ya: Good afternoon, good evening and good night."

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Stealth Bug

Post by Roser »

Hide > Stealth > Mount > Move?

Does that work?

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Nope that don't work... How is it that people are using stealth on horses?

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I think he means you can use steal on your horse (and dismount and walk if you wanted to), but you cant use stealth and move while mounted. There is no bug there if that is what he means.

As far as the random/direct stealing ratio goes, it's all based on what is in their bag. If they have 50 Warmaces and 50 blank runes, you have slightly more than a 50% chance of being guardwhacked.

Blackbeard

Post by Blackbeard »

I'd also like to add that the NPCs in Wind aren't functioning properly when I ask the "where to" questions like "NPCname where is the bank?"

I'm assuming the stealth bug involves either simply stealthing on top of your mount or dismounting while hidden, causing the horse to be hidden as well and having it follow you while you're stealthing. I've seen that happen before and thought it had been patched out at some point but apparently it hasn't because, unless I'm mistaken, I've seen at least one instance of that happening.
MatronDeWinter wrote:If they have 50 Warmaces and 50 blank runes, you have slightly more than a 50% chance of being guardwhacked.
I've never heard of this. Can you tell me where you took this statement from?

The T2A Play Guide states that stealing from somebody's backpack directly is much more difficult than random stealing from their avatar, which isn't the case here.

On a final note: elder gazer, balron and demon (probably more to this list) melee attack animations have been a little buggy since the last patch in that they'll display an "attacking" animation and I'll even see blood pixels being sprayed without any, or very little damage (thankfully considering balrons are 1 hit KOs) from a distance outside of melee attack range.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Blackbeard wrote:
MatronDeWinter wrote:If they have 50 Warmaces and 50 blank runes, you have slightly more than a 50% chance of being guardwhacked.
I've never heard of this. Can you tell me where you took this statement from?
The logic here derives from the fact that you are not going to be able to steal the warmace it is too heavy, and your chance of randomly selecting a warmace is 50%

I'm not sure what's being reported here. If 80% of the items in the pack are newbie items, then you have an 80% chance of random stealing one.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I have heard people talk about the random steal formula having something to do with item weight. I was never able to find any proof to this claim, nor, do I remember it ever working like that though.

Blackbeard

Post by Blackbeard »

My apologies for lack of clarification in my reports in this thread. I changed the title around to suit the bugs being reported more appropriately. After reading the above random steal makes more sense to me. The "stealthing on a horse" thing was probably just my mis-perception but I'm certain of these two things:

1. The NPCs in Wind do not respond to "Where is the X?" questions. I'll ask "<Name> where is the bank" and they will not respond but other queries like "What time is it?" work fine.

2. From what I've seen thus far, Elder Gazers, Balrons and Demons have been randomly doing this thing where they'll make the "melee attack" noise and animation out of melee attack range. Usually no damage is delivered but rarely a tiny bit will be.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Blackbeard wrote:My apologies for lack of clarification in my reports in this thread. I changed the title around to suit the bugs being reported more appropriately. After reading the above random steal makes more sense to me. The "stealthing on a horse" thing was probably just my mis-perception but I'm certain of these two things:

1. The NPCs in Wind do not respond to "Where is the X?" questions. I'll ask "<Name> where is the bank" and they will not respond but other queries like "What time is it?" work fine.

2. From what I've seen thus far, Elder Gazers, Balrons and Demons have been randomly doing this thing where they'll make the "melee attack" noise and animation out of melee attack range. Usually no damage is delivered but rarely a tiny bit will be.
Thanks :) Much clearer. I don't know about stealthing on the horse. If anyone has any further info on this or can reproduce any bugs related to stealthing while mounted let me know. It should not be possible at all.

Wind, Papua and Delucia are newer town, and we don't have the speech files for these towns, so the NPC's are unable to respond to questions about the town currently. I do hope to someday write up all the responses fro wind, but I'd basically be making it up, I've got nothing to go on.

It may be good to just make a generic responder in which the NPC will tell you the general direction and distance to the healer, etc.

The monsters are making that attack sound because they are re-attacking. We're aware that they are doing this far more frequently than they should. I will try to get this adjusted.

Thanks!
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."