UoSA Fantasy Football

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
Stranger

UoSA Fantasy Football

Post by Stranger »

I am starting a UoSA fantasy football league. This will be a 12 team yahoo fantasy football PPR (Points per reception) league. There will be a 50,000 gold entry fee. The entry fee's will be given to and held by a reliable broker (Blackfoot if I can get him) until the end of the fantasy season in which the winner of the super bowl will receive the entire pot. Pm me in irc or here on the forums if you are interested. Please have your 50k ready before you pm me. First 12 to pm me and pay up get the spots. There will be a live draft on a date I determined after the teams are all set. Draft order will be randomly determined.
[01:12:32] <Nevermore> Stranger you are the reason I hate christmas
[01:12:36] <Nevermore> You specifically
[01:12:44] <Nevermore> Every year? Christmas sucks. Because of Stranger

Pro

Re: UoSA Fantasy Football

Post by Pro »

hand-egg.

Pristiq

Post by Pristiq »

Which site will you be using?
Also, as long as the draft is before August 8th-ish I'm definitely in.
chumbucket wrote:Everyone else, don't be a jerk to staff. Maahes cries enough already.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=40810 - HOLY HELL AN AWESOME VENDOR?!

applejack
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by applejack »

Pristiq wrote:Which site will you be using?
Stranger wrote:This will be a 12 team yahoo fantasy football PPR (Points per reception) league.
Pristiq wrote:Also, as long as the draft is before August 8th-ish I'm definitely in.
Obviously Stranger is the one to answer this but IMO that is way way too early for a draft. Besides, I already told him I was in and if there is more than one cA member people are gonna accuse me of collusion when I win. :D
[cA] Organizational Information
[cA] Tales of Adventure
Tabius wrote:I am disgusted by cA's attitude in this and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Spoiler alert, but here is my team I'm hoping to draft:

QB: Derrick
RB: the mighty conan
RB: a frenzied ostard
WR: dungeon Destard
WR: a durable, eminently accurate kryss of vanquishing
TE: GuardianKnight
K: any IRC mod
DEF: med-dexxer

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Mikel123 wrote: TE: GuardianKnight
:lol:

Zershii
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Zershii »

I would do this in a second if you were using ESPN and not Yahoo. I have been doing fantasy football for about five years. I used Yahoo my first year and have been using ESPN every year since.
Zershii (Mystic Paladins of Sosaria), Great Lakes 1998-2001

MPS : Vesper, Mongo, Thor, Baumgarp, Bruce Wayne

Stranger

Post by Stranger »

I have no problem using ESPN, i've used it before. The draft will have to either be the weekend after august 8th, or, this weekend. Just let me know guys, need to see if I can fill a 12 team roster before I go forward with it. I dont check this post a whole lot so pm me if you want in.

applejack
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by applejack »

Stranger wrote:I have no problem using ESPN, i've used it before. The draft will have to either be the weekend after august 8th, or, this weekend. Just let me know guys, need to see if I can fill a 12 team roster before I go forward with it. I dont check this post a whole lot so pm me if you want in.
After August 8 for sure in my opinion. Training camps are just opening up. A draft this weekend would be a guess-fest for a lot of positions, not to mention the injuries that are bound to happen in the next few weeks. Late August / early September I think is best... but this isn't my league so I'll go with whatever I guess. All of the free ones have their own disadvantages... espn, yahoo, sportsline. Only when you pay (which I do for Sportsline in my other leagues) do you get a product that's actually good.

If you can't get 12 would you be opposed to a 10 team league? I think both are acceptable sizes.

I hope this comes to fruition... looking forward to it.
[cA] Organizational Information
[cA] Tales of Adventure
Tabius wrote:I am disgusted by cA's attitude in this and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Stranger

Post by Stranger »

I would accept 10, but prefer 12 to 14 team leauges. Either way as it stands now you are the only person to pm me. Every year after the time has passed I get a lot of people who say they want in next year, but no one ever contacts me about it.

SVrider

Post by SVrider »

if i weren't saving up for my first real place to call my own, i'd definitely be in.. Next year mon
RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT

Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Got a couple spots left, shoot me some pms if your interested. Just so everyone knows I will not be attempting to collect any gold until all 10-12 roster spots are fixed. This will be a points per reception league, weather its yahoo, espn, or nfl league is up to you guys i've played them all.

Return to “Player Run Events”