Stamina Loss and Swing TImer

News and Announcements
BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Stamina Loss and Swing TImer

Post by BlackFoot »

ive dueled for prolly 3 hours total on that test center so far.
i think wylan and clyd e are over reacting by a large margin as to how incredibly drastic this is.
duels seem shorter than they are now on secondage which i dont mind
and i rely less on my weapon to kill a person and more on a spell and i dont see a reason for that to be a bad thing
and i never recall seeing archer mages in t2a, i think i knew one named lord Vic on great lakes who wore a leather cap (even though it casued mana regen to slow, must been a fasionista )and he switched to swords so... maybe they werent actually good t2a.
if these changes went live now it wouldnt change the game for me

platy

Post by platy »

Damaja u tellin people to go find other shards.. especially when half the people your "talking" to have been here longer than you is rediculous.. Mr. UOSA Historian...
Back on topic: PVP population has continously decreased the last few months, while shard population has grown.. yet somehow the only patches affecting gameplay are for the worse of the PVP population- maybe not as drastic as others beleive but there is NO benefit to PVP or the PVPers anymore..
Sry if I sound pissed off, I'm not: but I am scared i'll be logging in next week with NOTHING to do..

Abbynormal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abbynormal »

Poll time!!!

kill drizitz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kill drizitz »

no pole needed, if its acurate, its fine.

theres nothing the gms can do about people deciding not to log in anymore.

platy

Post by platy »

Sure they can, instead of devoting time into revamping PVP, make some more quests or events!
Nothing that can be done will make me stop PVPing here I just wish we'd have more updated quests and ingame things to do instead having to relearn good PVP tactics on test centers
Imagine if we had the NecroQuest right now with 200+ avg.. PVPers and PVMers alike would have nothing to complain about b/c they would all have something to do =D
i can tell its accurate, ill change my arch, its nbd-just was hoping with growing pop we'd get more to do

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Right now the main concern is getting the major mechanics of the game as accurate as possible. This includes PvP mechanics, skill mechanics, and monster AI mechanics. Once the major issues of getting the varous systems to work right are mostly completed then we can turn our focus to fleshing out the quest system (including the addition of some of the old style quests).

~|~Damaja
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ~|~Damaja »

platy wrote:Damaja u tellin people to go find other shards.. especially when half the people your "talking" to have been here longer than you is rediculous.. Mr. UOSA Historian...
Back on topic: PVP population has continously decreased the last few months, while shard population has grown.. yet somehow the only patches affecting gameplay are for the worse of the PVP population- maybe not as drastic as others beleive but there is NO benefit to PVP or the PVPers anymore..
Sry if I sound pissed off, I'm not: but I am scared i'll be logging in next week with NOTHING to do..
you just dont get it do you? how are these changes worse for the pvp population? They are a benefit. We will be the only shard to have real t2a era pvp ruleset in place. Like I said before. This system that is being put in place was what made this era of all mmorpgs legendary and sought after since it was taken away in 2000. Again it is to bad we have all been tainted by servers claiming to be preUOR pvp servers yet were so far away. I said to go play these servers to the people whining because they seem to prefer them to the real thing now anyways. Thats all
There is notihng wrong with whats taking place to the pvp aspects of the server. Its people like you that stopped it from happening on other servers that tried.

We should all be thanking Derrick for actually putting in the extrmely long hours and dedication to actually making this system correct and accurate for us all to enjoy again as we did in 1998-2000. It is alot of work to change these little things that will make it true to its era.

venox

Post by venox »

any1 tested
dexxer v dexxer
dexxer v mage
just curious how dexxers fair now in pvp

~|~Damaja
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ~|~Damaja »

venox wrote:any1 tested
dexxer v dexxer
dexxer v mage
just curious how dexxers fair now in pvp
dexxer vs mage will be horrible until the cast recovery gets added to spell interupts/fizzles. Wouldnt even try it.

alatar

Post by alatar »

yeah.. my entire guild (the only active pvper's & pks on this server..) are over-reacting.. i guess that's a fairly easy statement to make for the people who don't participate in PvP.. of course i would be all for a patch that made it EVEN MORE difficult to pk somebody.. you guys might as well be in trammel now.. enjoy..

benny-

Post by benny- »

alatar wrote:yeah.. my entire guild (the only active pvper's & pks on this server..) are over-reacting.. i guess that's a fairly easy statement to make for the people who don't participate in PvP.. of course i would be all for a patch that made it EVEN MORE difficult to pk somebody.. you guys might as well be in trammel now.. enjoy..
funny how people are being labeled trammel for wanting to be as pre-trammel as possible....

The fact is accurate t2a pvp hasnt existed since, well t2a The majority of pvpers out there are used to customized/hybrid versions of pvp that are similair to pvp playstyle and when the pvp here gets closer to what it was meant to be, everyone freaks out because its not what theyre used to.
Who knows, perhaps its this handful of top pvpers who have grown used to said systems and dont like the thought of something that means they'll have to change their pvp styles.....perhaps theyre worried that an accurate system might make them no longer the best pvpers, hmm... Afterall, theyre good with the current systems, why change them?
In the end, theres dozens of freeshards out there that claim the "preren" title, offering something similair to t2a pvp thats been drastically customized to make it "better"....if archer mages are something that you just have to have to enjoy pvp there are shards that favor that playstyle, but as it is, this shard should continue its route of being accurate, if for no other reason than no other shard offers it.
Let the staff make the changes to get this shard era accurate, try it out, learn to pvp like we did back then, if you cant handle it, then threaten to quit, but at least see if you can handle era-accurate mechanics first. =)

bOmb

Post by bOmb »

Damaja, by you telling people to go to other shards, makes your efforts to make this shard era accurate in vein. If theres no one here to play with what have you really accomplished?
Everyone remembers something different from a game were trying to remake from 10 years ago, so some people might not remember/have a problem with whats going on.

I think the change should only be implemented when the spell delays are finished. If not, dexers like Damaja said are going to be overpowered, and pvp will remain slow which most dislike.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

~|~Damaja wrote:dexxer vs mage will be horrible until the cast recovery gets added to spell interupts/fizzles. Wouldnt even try it.
The spell delay may or may not have been associated with spell fizzles and interrupts (testing will really see which is the most balanced considering it is fairly open to interperatation). The delay, however, was most defenately associated with sucessful completion of a cast. These are the patch notes which outline the addition of the recast delay:

Server update Nov 23 1998 10:59AM
  • The "Fast last-target spellcasting" exploit will be corrected. This involved placing a small skill delay after completion of casting.

~|~Damaja
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ~|~Damaja »

alatar wrote:yeah.. my entire guild (the only active pvper's & pks on this server..) are over-reacting.. i guess that's a fairly easy statement to make for the people who don't participate in PvP.. of course i would be all for a patch that made it EVEN MORE difficult to pk somebody.. you guys might as well be in trammel now.. enjoy..
actually with the spell recast on fizzles would make it easier to pk ....
I only suggested playing another shard to those that prefer playing that style of hybrid pvp. Since it seems they are resisting the true preUOR pvp system that is trying to be accomplished here and say that they are leaving anyways. I actually hope that they give it a try when it is fully implemented and working on test before they quit and give up... I would rather they didn't leave for somewhere else and stayed here because in the end it really will be awesome.

niqeo

Post by niqeo »

I am glad that these changes are being made for T2A accuracy. Thanks Derrick for your hard work!

The one thing I can't stand is how "fast" you drop when a PK runs into the screen. Yeah if you precast recall when you first see their "RED" name appear on the screen, you more then likely will get away, but if you decide (at first) to try the encounter with the average PK you might as well stand there and die if you change your mind. When UO was first released I played the typical 'hybrid' and eventually switched to a dex-monkey/theif when t2a was released as my brother kept the original setup. I know now days everyone has at least a cable modem, but never did a RED run into the screen and chase me off as I knew that even with a vanq weapon could he/she just run up, insta hit, dump, insta hit again, drop me before i could even get a cursor up for Gheal spamming the key. and what is the point of trying to run if they just throw on that hally and chase u for another whack, dump without you being able to do anything other than die or run and THEN die.

Yes I am a newbie to the server and have been enjoying it, but there is no such thing as PVP if it takes NO skill to kill somebody.