Reagent Costs at Town Vendors

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Nexus

Reagent Costs at Town Vendors

Post by Nexus »

I hate myself for saying anything... But accuracy is accuracy...

When one purchases reagents from the town vendors, the remaining portion of that specific reagent should increase in price. I can't recall by how much it would increase. I'm really exhausted right now and will do some research later, but I just wanted to get the ball rolling.

Nexus

Re: Reagent Costs at Town Vendors

Post by Nexus »

http://www.uoherald.com/news/archives.p ... hop+keeper (2001 patch notes)

"shopkeepers will no longer inflate the prices of their inventory when their stock begins to run low, and prices of items will be consistent on all shopkeepers."

Still looking for information on when the price inflated and by how much.

Nexus

Post by Nexus »

For the life of me, I'm unable to find specific information on inflation of prices based on buying items. Maybe someone can help out in this area that has more resources than myself.

Batlin
wobble llama
wobble llama

Post by Batlin »

What you describe exists in the demo and the formula is in there, somewhere...
+ORC: If you give a man a crack he'll be hungry again tomorrow, but if you teach him how to crack, he'll never be hungry again.
chumbucket: I don't collect pixels.

Never trust the client. It's in the hands of the enemy : UO Demo internals @ JoinUO

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Yea I remember this.. also, to my recollection the mage guild never did anything. On UOSA it decreases the prices of the "expensive reagants" (BP & BM).
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Nexus

Post by Nexus »

nightshark wrote:Yea I remember this.. also, to my recollection the mage guild never did anything. On UOSA it decreases the prices of the "expensive reagants" (BP & BM).
I remember when I first started playing, belonging to an NPC guild saved you money when buying things, but then they turned that off.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Nexus wrote:
nightshark wrote:Yea I remember this.. also, to my recollection the mage guild never did anything. On UOSA it decreases the prices of the "expensive reagants" (BP & BM).
I remember when I first started playing, belonging to an NPC guild saved you money when buying things, but then they turned that off.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.game ... 5b13714c52
Post from Nov 99, people are saying it does nothing... "maybe a discount on magical wizard hats?"
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Eaglestaff

Post by Eaglestaff »

I remember mandrake root was never lower than 4 and sometimes at 6 on OSI, bloodmoss was usually between 6-8 and on rare occasions 5. When I saw bloodmoss at 5 I would buy the whole stack. Black pearl is way cheap here, on OSI it was never lower than 6 and often as high as 9 gold per. If you read the manual you can find some interesting factors that go into the prices of any item and it isn't just how many the vendor has in stock. The manual says it accounts for macro economic factors like supply and demand. How much demand there is will drive up the costs. If something is selling prices will rise for hotter items. Given that the OSI economy was calibrated for a much larger playerbase one might deduce that this is why things are so cheap here and on most freeshards. Though it might not also explain why black pearl is the most expensive since i think mandrake root gets used more than any other reg.

Nexus

Post by Nexus »

When the reagents or items would first spawn on the vendor, their prices were lowered by one gold each (if the price was inflated at all). The reason black pearl was the most expensive was because people would not be able to afford those in large order so you get many more people buying small amounts. The inflation was probably based on the number of times a purchase was made. Next to mandrake root, black pearl is the most commonly used reagent (if I remember right). They rose from there as people would buy them. If you were the only one buying, you could buy a stack of 999 for 5 gold for black pearl and blood moss and 3 gold per for the rest.

Joueur Moyen

Post by Joueur Moyen »

Batlin wrote:What you describe exists in the demo and the formula is in there, somewhere...
I just tried it in Ocllo with Avatar in the demo. (Bought 1 reg of each until out of gold.)

The rows are each buy, except the last row, which were the prices if Avatar had enough gold to buy.

Code: Select all

BP, BM, GA, GI, MR, NS, SA, SS = cost per buy
6, 6, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 = 30
7, 7, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 = 32
8, 8, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4 = 40
9, 9, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4 = 42
10,10,5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5 = 50
11,11,5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5 = --

Total: 298 gold

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Nice, thanks much for this.

This is something that I've wanted to get working correctly for some time; just never found the oprotunity to look at it. They should also have a limited gold supply which is replensihed on restock and when players purchase items.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Batlin
wobble llama
wobble llama

Post by Batlin »

I've located the exact formula in the exe now and I'm working on a decompile.
+ORC: If you give a man a crack he'll be hungry again tomorrow, but if you teach him how to crack, he'll never be hungry again.
chumbucket: I don't collect pixels.

Never trust the client. It's in the hands of the enemy : UO Demo internals @ JoinUO

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Awesome. Thanks.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

dren
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by dren »

Just wanted to post some additional evidence and remind everyone that the reagent prices on vendors are wrong.

You can see here that mandrake started at 3gp in 1998.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.game ... ima+online

and you can see that the price went up more or less the same as the code given earlier

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.game ... d7ac23381b

Code: Select all

BP, BM, GA, GI, MR, NS, SA, SS = cost per buy
8, 8, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4 = 40
10,10,5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5 = 50
11,11,5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5 = --

Total: 298 gold
Thanks guys for posting this and Derrick & Staff for all your hard work.
Fit: Alderman, Merchants of Britannia: Proudly serving UOSA for more than 160 Sosarian years.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Glad to see this will finally get fixed. I posted about this sometime ago and people seemed to ignore it (damn tank mages not wanting gimped ;-)

Now, like in the real T2A era, I can spitefully buy just a few regs, haha.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock