Connection Issues

Lucien

Connection Issues

Post by Lucien »

Hello all, I used to play around here when I was back in brazil and everything worked fine, but now I moved to Thailand and I am currently getting some problems to connect.

It seems that it can connect, but it takes ages to get from the Verifying Account to the server/character selection screen. I tried the cmd ping command on the address of the loginserver(uosecondage.com) and got absurd results like 1000ms, most sometimes timeouts, but if I ping the website address(www.uosecondage.com) the values are quite normal. I don't know if the website/game hosts are in the same places, but if they are there is something strange here.

Any idea of what may be happening? Maybe something related to port forwarding? Maybe related to the distance, considering I'm in southeast asia and the host is probably in US. I have never experienced anything similar to this, so I need help.

Thanks.

Myg

Re: Connection Issues

Post by Myg »

I doubt it has anything to do with port forwarding, since its a TCP connection that it initiated on your end (outbound from source computer to external IP on the internet).

Neither do I suspect its too far if your already pinging steadily to the DNS address.

Check for a built in firewall in the router and check your windows firewall settings; that may be your issue.

Lucien

Post by Lucien »

I dont think it is related to the firewall (software firewall), as the ping values come from the cmd, and other websites are normal.

But it may be something related with the router. Ill take a look.

Meanwhile, any other ideas?

Myg

Post by Myg »

Firewalls arn't always that simple, allowing one thing meaning allowing the rest, they have ports and socket types to look out for.

At the moment, we have to wait for a result from you concerning the ping test; did you run it at the same time as the UO client until you got disconnected?

Myg

Post by Myg »

Oh geez, sorry Lou; I was mixing up two threads here!

Heres the instructions I gave earlier to another person with issues to test wether it was his side or not:

"Next time you run the game with your setup go to start menu> Run> type in "cmd" (without the " ")>press enter> type in "ping uosecondage.com -t" (without the " " again) and run it until you lose connection.

If you see the ping packets being dropped at the same time (timing out) as your disconnect, its your side; if its staying the same: Its server/Net side."

The idea is that if you run UO and the ping test at the same time, if they both get cut off simultaneously; then there is an error somewhere along the way between you and there: Otherwise its a problem with the host.

Lucien

Post by Lucien »

So, Myg, after all, thank you very much for helping me!

Now, lets go to the results.

My problem is not disconnecting. My problem is a really high latency, lag, ping, any name you would like to call.

Take a look at this:

Code: Select all

Reply from 64.34.183.167: bytes=32 time=2388ms TTL=114
Reply from 64.34.183.167: bytes=32 time=1669ms TTL=114
Reply from 64.34.183.167: bytes=32 time=1711ms TTL=114
Reply from 64.34.183.167: bytes=32 time=1834ms TTL=114
Reply from 64.34.183.167: bytes=32 time=1933ms TTL=114
Reply from 64.34.183.167: bytes=32 time=1988ms TTL=114
Reply from 64.34.183.167: bytes=32 time=1802ms TTL=114
Reply from 64.34.183.167: bytes=32 time=1936ms TTL=114
Reply from 64.34.183.167: bytes=32 time=2021ms TTL=114
Reply from 64.34.183.167: bytes=32 time=1983ms TTL=114
And it keeps going like this, varying from 1500ms to 3000ms.

The real strange thing is that I see the rest of the world working normally. The other players walk normally, speak normally, maybe with a little delay, but seems quite normal. But when I move my character, I have to wait almost one second to see my position get changed. Also for opening bags, paperdoll, everything.

So, I have no idea of what is happening. Already opened a rule for UO and Razor on my software firewall (eset smart security).

Again, thank you for everything.

Lucien

Post by Lucien »

So, I realy want to play here, but like this is impossible.

Anyone ever had a problem like this? To simplify, it seems that all the world is normal, but I am extremely slow. So I see everything walking and acting/speeking normally, but I have an 1-2 second delay before all my actions are executed.

Thanks anyway...

Myg

Post by Myg »

To be honest, a consistant latency problem like that can only be fixed with a different internet connection/ISP if that...

It may be just too far for a decent connection.

Lucien

Post by Lucien »

Some news.

I tried on my school network and it works perfectly. 300ms ping.

Now I am not sure if it is my ISP's fault or something related with my router.

The funny thing is that by pinging with the CMD command, I get really high pings for the website too(www.uosecondage.com) but if I access it with my browser, it is accessed really fast, with no lag.

No idea of what is happening.

Myg

Post by Myg »

Well, browsers arnt that sensitive to latency as a game is, so I'd expect it to run somewhat ok in comparison :-).

I'd suggest getting a different ISP or a faster internet connection!

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

You can always by pass the router long enough to test if your router is causing the problem.

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

Lucien

Post by Lucien »

It seems that the problem is my ISP.

It gets lagged only on a heavy traffic time (18:00-22:00) and is normal on the rest of the time.

The funny thing is that only the upload has issues. My download rate is the same, thats why I can see everyone walking normal.

Ill just try to talk with the help service of the internet provider. Thanks anyway for the answers.