Guide : Cartography

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
mynameis

Re: Guide : Cartography

Post by mynameis »

i have some level one's and level 2's in a chest here at my pad, i want to add them into my macroing of tmaps to gain, where do they fit?

a Red Eminem

Post by a Red Eminem »

These you don't want to use to macro for gain, once you get to 95 carto from making world maps, deciphering lvl 1 and 2's I don't think will help that much.
a Red Eminem

kill drizitz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kill drizitz »

to finish up a level 5, or even some level 4 maps, you need at least one other person with you because the mosnters are so difficult and numerous. i have a cartographer, and her skills are:
carto
mining
magery
meditation
music
provo
hiding

now to open the chest, my buddy tame.bot is always with me completing the maps with me. his character has:
taming
lore
vet
magery
med
hiding
lockpick.

wemade this chars because we knew it was going to take forever for two people to gm lockpicking and or carto. so with these two chars, we finish any level tmap with only 2 people, and a couple drags of course. if you have a freind to play with, it might be usefull to distribute the stills around. my carto cant open any chests without lockpick, but i dont bother with anything less than lvl 4 & 5, so its not really a big deal becasue soloing the lvl4 & 5's are close to impossible.

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

What kind of monsters spawn at a lvl 5? I can solo a lvl 4 with my provo char.
Syntax of the Wolfpack (TW) - PVP Since 97'

kill drizitz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kill drizitz »

a bunch: ogre lords, elder gazers, blood eles, poison eles, deamons, dread spiders, lich lords

those are the ones i can remember off the top of my head. last lvl 4 i did the spawn was dramatically decreased, so yea i think they can be solo'd without a problem now. there might be more than just the ones i mentioned on a lvl 5, but the poison eles were the biggest pain imo.

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

kill drizitz wrote:a bunch: ogre lords, elder gazers, blood eles, poison eles, deamons, dread spiders, lich lords

those are the ones i can remember off the top of my head. last lvl 4 i did the spawn was dramatically decreased, so yea i think they can be solo'd without a problem now. there might be more than just the ones i mentioned on a lvl 5, but the poison eles were the biggest pain imo.
Yeah seems like a lot of monsters that spawn during a lvl 4 also. (Ogre Lords, Elder Gazers, Daemons, Dread Spiders, Lich Lords).

Purge

Post by Purge »

Just more of them with stuff like blood eles thrown in... Maybe a poison ele? all tmap levels are easily solo'd with a bard and mining isnt required unless you dont have a tmap library

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

a Red Eminem wrote:I'm not sure about the heals, so I wont answer that, but if your going to have a bard/t-hunter like me, I think my template is the best to go with. I have as follows:

-Magery
-Meditation
-Musicianship
-Provoking
-Resist
-Cartography
-Lockpicking

I sometimes wonder if I'd of had cartography on another character then replace it with hiding, because sometimes you die, and are left with no regs, so you better have a newbie instrument to provoke the remaining monsters, or hiding.

Same template I have, I think it's the best combo for a T-Hunter.

kataran

Post by kataran »

So I've seen some ideas about dropping Cartography for Hiding, so I just want to confirm (as I never did any T-hunts on OSI) - can your treasure hunter get a 'completed' treasure map from another character (i.e. an alt with Cartography) and go complete the hunt on his own?

Thanks!
-kat

Thesbus

Post by Thesbus »

I was concidering:

Animal Taming
Animal Lore
Magery
Eval Int
Wrestle
Cartography
Lockpicking

Simply because I have never done a t-hunter that wasn't a provo bard and I have never had a tamer.

Has anyone done this build? How is it?

Severity

Post by Severity »

The Tamer/T hunter works well too. Thats the other build that you can solo most stuff with!

aXe

Post by aXe »

from 50-99 or whenever you cant gain, just do world maps.

No sea chart bullshit, just straight world maps from 50-max
<hemperor> plus im sure ive handled more money than your mcdonalds ass ever has, my $1200 dollar speaks for itself! :)

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

kataran wrote:So I've seen some ideas about dropping Cartography for Hiding, so I just want to confirm (as I never did any T-hunts on OSI) - can your treasure hunter get a 'completed' treasure map from another character (i.e. an alt with Cartography) and go complete the hunt on his own?

Thanks!
-kat
Once a person reads a "tattered" map then only the person who decoded it can read it, so dropping cart for hiding gets a no.

Thesbus

Post by Thesbus »

Mine is

Magery
Eval
carto
lockpicking
Music
Provoke
Fishing

It is the same template I used on live, though i would always scout around my t-map area to find a resser or have a guildy that was able to rez available to get me if the spawn got me.

Never really had any problems taking them down, all it takes is a newbie instrument and cure/invis hot keyed.

Red

Post by Red »

When you sell the maps back, they are converted into blank maps.
Beware, if you sell the maps back before the vendor has rstocked the blank maps, you'll mess with the respawn amount resulting in less blank maps for sale.