Detect Hidden Bug?

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Kelektra
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Detect Hidden Bug?

Post by Kelektra »

Pirul wrote:Actually, for some reason, I believe once you hit something like 55 DH the boxes trick really skyrocket gains, before that it is really slow.

I have to assume it has something to do with your chance of actually detecting. I do not think that the skill of the crafter/trapper has anything to do with the rate of gaining.
Do you have anything that shows this from patch notes? I found nothing that says at 50 its an area effect, before 50 its a single tile... I would assume this should be similar to the T-hunter mining area if i am not mistaken.. 1x1 per 10 skill points.

From what i found in the 1998 Patch notes:

Detect hidden changes:

* Radius of detection based on your skill level in it. The radius you can detect hidden in will now increase based on your skill, up to almost the full screen for a grandmaster.
* Better hiders will be harder to find than poor ones.
* Chance of detecting based on checking your skill vs the hidden person's hide skill. The better you are at the detect hidden skill, the better you will be at finding even the better hiders. You can expect to be totally unable to find a grandmaster hider if you are just a neophyte at the skill.
* A "distance" effect making it harder to detect people farther from the center of your search area. The farther the hidden person is from the center of your search area, the harder it is to find them.
Shards Only T-Map Validation System viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24446

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

Okay, I have only been skimming thru the replies, so idk if someone already said this.

Detect hidden doesn't get the good gains like that until 50.1

50.0 is too low. That's why you suddenly gained like crazy, you suddenly hit 50.1
|| Atx Mini Mall | Atraxi's Great Real Estate ||

IRC: Atraxi on @#bpd +#NEW #SecondAge #C^V

<GreenPlastic> I want Five Guys inside me right now
Millerisfuntoplay wrote:Atraxi pwned me =(

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

You can't search the "area" for traps until you have 50.1 real DH. Prior to that you can just macro on one box and it won't make any difference.

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

This was all figured out over a year ago, it is (was?) well known that you wont get fast gains till like 55 or 60 at that point you'll GM in an hour. No bug, its because you can't area detect until you get past 55 or so.

I wouldn't waste time on researching this.

Edited to add:

http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5946

All relevant discussion in that thread.