champion spawn

Topics related to Second Age
Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: champion spawn

Post by Kaivan »

This may be a consideration down the road, but there are a few (and I do mean just a few) T2A spawns that we have to deal with beforehand. Once those spawns are in, it would be nice to have a GM run champion spawn of sorts. Perhaps something along the lines of a Seer-like quest where the last thing you have to kill is player controlled.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

johttenn

Post by johttenn »

It would be nice to have the spawns appear with some regularity throughout Sosaria. If they can't be completed then just let whatever spawn is remaining wander the land. Would definitely add some fun to running around in the woods.

Maahes

Post by Maahes »

Imp wrote:Imo

1) it should be a pre-announced server event, in a fixed time, with expected full length of 2-3 hours

This should keep the land in "t2a accurate" state, but make us some fun.

This is exactly what I had in mind if we were to do this. I would hold the champion spawn as a sort of monster bash for the shard.
2) high-level spawn creatures and the boss should be immune to summons
3) overall progress from stage to stage should be much slower, than OSI's, to prevent a small group from making it fast and alone

I'm not too sure about these ideas as champions spawn are extremely hard as it is without these rules and I personally think they are not needed.

Derrick has worked very hard to make the spawns the spawns here as accurate as possible and I think adding a champ as a regular spawn would defeat the purpose of what he is trying to accomplish.

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

UOSA needs some champs. Let's keep mechanics era accurate, but do some things to alleviate the stagnation which is PVM on UOSA. There are just not enough BLJs to go around.
hoaxbusterscall.blogspot.com

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Boom has integrated his version of champ spawns into the recent mega quests.

I cant wait to see what is planned for the fall :O Hopefully another 6-8 month long quest.

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

Abyz wrote: There are just not enough BLJs to go around.
hoaxbusterscall.blogspot.com