DECEIT BONE WALL

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
niqeo

Re: DECEIT BONE WALL

Post by niqeo »

Thanks to everyone that showed today for the gains. The company was great.
Hopefully everyone gained a good amount of skill and gold.

I will post when I will be doing another bone wall.
Mr.Brown wrote:peace out bro hopefully you can play again..you taught me t2a pvp!
Nevermore wrote:Besides just by playing the shard, vets will have plenty of things that most people who haven't been around as long don't.

Trols

Post by Trols »

Thanks for doing this to help the newer people...it helps tons!

I will try and make the next one!!!

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Bringing back the bone wall!

Good job.

Don't publicize the times you will be there, keep it private.

niqeo

Post by niqeo »

Rose wrote:Bringing back the bone wall!

Good job.

Don't publicize the times you will be there, keep it private.
Thanks! Yeah, the next few times I do this it will be private. I initially wanted to get the word out so new players knew about this. I wasn't really worried the first time about any reds who decided to show up anyhow... I was definately ready for them! Everything went as planned without any casualties and we even gave a few PKs a run for their money.

I will be doing this quite a lot. Anyone interested in attending this can PM me and I will give details.
Mr.Brown wrote:peace out bro hopefully you can play again..you taught me t2a pvp!
Nevermore wrote:Besides just by playing the shard, vets will have plenty of things that most people who haven't been around as long don't.

Drunk Monk

Post by Drunk Monk »

Man its good to hear about the BK wall again. I worked on most of my townies there on Chesapeake. But as Rose said, keep the sessions hush-hush. Para fields and EQ are pretty bad for newbies... Maybe talk to Pirul and schedule this with NEW instead of advertising it at WBB, and the turn out should be great!
“What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” -Albert Pike

Trols

Post by Trols »

Wont say too much but :)

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I don't understand.

If a 100gp hireling will do the same job, faster and more efficient, why bother with the bone wall? (Unless of course this is a nostalgia-based event, in which case, why not do anything else) That suggests that there is something definately off about UOSA skill gain..

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

My guess is it is largely nostalgia. But in addition, the hireling requires a safe isolated place like a house. I'd guess most people here (as with most people there back in the day) don't have a house yet. Plus, you gain gold from this... not a ton, but I'd bet in an hour you'd have to go and bank. And lastly, the gains should be equal to that of a hireling (I'm not sure how it would be slower, since I think Bone Knights have about the same weapon skill right?)

niqeo

Post by niqeo »

There are plenty of reasons why or why not to do anything.

Why I enjoy the bone wall:

1) Safety in numbers
2) Massive skill gains (without cost)
3) Great loot (100+ gold, armor, weapons, arrows, potions, food, shields) - I aquired approximately 40k on an hour long test trip.
4) Other living breathing souls to speak with other then myself
5) Laughing at PKs that think they are going to get a few quick and easy kills.

Drunk Monk

Post by Drunk Monk »

It's mostly nostalgia I guess Matron. Sure hirelings can do the same job more efficient, but the interaction with new players benifits the server more imo.
“What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” -Albert Pike

Miss_Fraggles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Miss_Fraggles »

please say when you do this again, i am interested in next time :)

AnomieKazonomie

Post by AnomieKazonomie »

I'm down to noob it up at the bone wall, for old times sake.

niqeo

Post by niqeo »

Anyone interested in participating in the bone wall today please contact me either here on the forums or on mIRC.

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

MatronDeWinter wrote:I don't understand.

If a 100gp hireling will do the same job, faster and more efficient, why bother with the bone wall? (Unless of course this is a nostalgia-based event, in which case, why not do anything else) That suggests that there is something definately off about UOSA skill gain..
Keep in mind there are tons of people on UOSA who just play the game without knowing or caring about the "fastest" way.

UOSA is like1998 UO in that manner, we have newbies.

SJane3384
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by SJane3384 »

Hey next time you start this up send me a PM. My husband has a total newb macer, and I could use some healing gains as well.
Dolphins are NOT era accurate, and MUST be banned!
Sign my PETITION!