Event 10/9/10: SIEGE - Congrats Blue Team!

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
Luca|Blight

Event 10/9/10: SIEGE - Congrats Blue Team!

Post by Luca|Blight »

WRITEUP: Blue team's excellent communication and barding skills won them the first ever "Siege" event! Besides a few unforeseen bugs everything went fairly smoothly. Green team took a total wipe at one point but made a comeback. Rose's shield finding skills could use some work, but Pro/mark saved the day and was able to grab the final green shield securing victory. Good game everyone! Some screen shots below! The RPV turned out horrible, one of the towers isn't even loaded in it so I'm not going to bother posting it. See you at the next round of Siege -- details coming soon!

Special thanks to Nevermore for all the help with the event!

EVENT: Siege

CURRENT STATUS: Blue team wins! See you next time!

WHEN: Saturday, October 9th @ 6:00 P.M. CST (7:00 P.M. EST)

WHAT: 2 towers. 2 teams. Epic siege battle.

FEE: NONE

REWARD: Event Trophy

DETAILS: Each tower (green or blue side) will be a team of 7 predetermined (in this post) players. Each player will cover a specific role on team (mage, warrior, smith/alchemist, or bard/tamer). Players on each team will be REQUIRED to temporarily join their sides guildstone for the duration of the event. All players should bring NOTHING to the event, as once they've been added to the stone they will be killed and ressed inside of the tower where they will dye their deathrobe their team color and wear it for the duration of the game.

SUPPLIES: ALL SUPPLIES WILL BE PROVIDED! Each team will be provided with 500 of each regeant, 15 pouches, 1 mortar, 25 empty bottles, 1 smith hammer, 1 musical instrument, 500 ingots, and 200 bandages (1 bow along with arrows/bolts will also be supplied if an archer joins). Both towers will also have other "defenses" in place -- proceed with caution!

GOAL: Once event begins, the objective for each team is to siege the enemy tower and defend your own tower as necessary. The ultimate goal is to COLLECT 1 ENEMY SHIELD from each floor of your enemies tower (4 shields total), and bring them back to your base (to the starting point of your tower -- first floor supply room). Some shields are in plain site, some are hidden. Once all 4 shields have been acquired, equipped on 4 seperate players on your team, and standing in your supply room, your team wins (regardless if the other team has anyone left alive).

RULES: Anything goes with the supplies provided. Each team will have 1 mule. If you want to use your regs for potions, you will have to make them. If you want halberds for your mages, you will have to make them. You cannot move your teams friendly shields (if you do you will be disqualified). If you loot a friendly shield from the enemy team you must keep it in your pack until you die or win. If an entire team is wiped and the enemy team hasn't won yet, 1 character will be provided a resurrection inside their supply room. You can - and should prioritize - resurrecting your teammates.

STRATEGY: Your teams mule is very important! Choose wisely between a tamer or a bard for your team. You can communicate through guild chat or vent. Try very, very hard to not let your team wipe, although the siege will take time, it will be hard to make a comeback from a full wipe. Use your supplies wisely, and always make sure to loot your kills -- supplies are very limited! Field spells 4TW. There are many choke points, use them!

TEAM SELECTION

BLUE TEAM WINNING TEAM!
MAGE 1: Chad (captain)
MAGE 2: Marmalade
WARRIOR 1: Kabal
MULE (smithy): fox_phyre
BARD: Pro
MAGE 3: Rose
MAGE 4: Sexy Smithy

GREEN TEAM (first pick - won coin toss)
MAGE 1: Sandro (captain)
MAGE 2: Clyde
WARRIOR 1: Panthor
MULE (smithy): Mikel123
BARD: Douns
MAGE 3: Felix
MAGE 4: Flea

CURRENT PLAYER POOL: IMPORTANT Respond to this thread with the role(s) you're available to play to be added to current player pool. The more roles you make yourself available for the more likely you will get chosen to play! Make sure you are available for the time of event, your team is relying on you! 2 players out of the pool will become team captains, and take turns picking their team from the available player pool. Just because you are in the pool, does not mean you will be chosen. All players not chosen will be considered as fill-ins on the the day of the event incase of absentees.
Last edited by Luca|Blight on Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:52 pm, edited 90 times in total.

chokingvictim
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Event: SIEGE (currently in signups)

Post by chokingvictim »

mage or smith ..

Chad-

Post by Chad- »

sign me up

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

warrior or smith

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Felix in
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Pro

Post by Pro »

mage or bard spot ty

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

I choose the Wizard class

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Very cool.

I'm confused about the bard/tamer thing, especially the tamer option. It sounds like tamers cannot bring pets in? Are you implying there will be some wandering animals/monsters in there?

Luca|Blight

Post by Luca|Blight »

Mikel123 wrote:Very cool.

I'm confused about the bard/tamer thing, especially the tamer option. It sounds like tamers cannot bring pets in? Are you implying there will be some wandering animals/monsters in there?
There will be undisclosed spawn defending each tower (most - if not all - will be tameable). It's team captains choice if he wants to deal with enemy spawn by barding them (quicker) or taming them (riskier, but you'll be more powerful if you pull it off). The tamer option would also allow your team to tame your own towers spawn and use them offensively instead of defensively. Both are viable options, but you can only have 1 or the other.

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

In.
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

Luca|Blight

Post by Luca|Blight »

Kabal wrote:In.
What role(s) can you do.

Populus

Post by Populus »

I love it, I'll play the thief. Waaat, there's no thief?

Mage then.
ImageImageImage
[cA]

Pirul

Re: Event: SIEGE (currently in signups) - October 9th 7PM ES

Post by Pirul »

This sounds very fun, wish I could make it. :(
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

I can't commit quite yet, but *really* hope I can make it and there's a spot left.

And agree with Pirul... sounds like a lot of fun, and a clever idea.

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

sounds like an awesome idea. i'd definitely be up for trying this out.