Event 10/23/10: SIEGE - Congrats Green Team!

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
Luca|Blight

Event 10/23/10: SIEGE - Congrats Green Team!

Post by Luca|Blight »

WRITEUP: After over an hour of sieging, green team is victorious. Blue suffered a couple team wipes, made a nice comeback at one point, but ultimately failed in teamwork. On a sidenote future team selection will take place immediately before the event due to so many absentees.

EVENT: Siege

CURRENT STATUS: Green team wins!

WHEN: Saturday, October 23rd @ 3:00 P.M. CST (4:00 P.M. EST)

WHAT: 2 towers. 2 teams. Epic siege battle. New position available this time: THIEF! What else will be different? Showup to find out!

FEE: NONE

REWARD: Event Trophy

PREVIOUS EVENTS:
10/9/10: http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=23066

DETAILS: Each tower (green or blue side) will be a predetermined team of players based on who signs up in this thread. Each player will cover a specific role on team (ie. Mage, Warrior, etc.). Players on each team will be REQUIRED to temporarily join their sides guildstone for the duration of the event. All players should bring NOTHING to the event, as once they've been added to the stone they will be killed and ressed inside of the tower where they will dye their deathrobe their team color and wear it for the duration of the game.

SUPPLIES: ALL SUPPLIES WILL BE PROVIDED! Each team will be provided with regeants, pouches, 1 mortar, 25 empty bottles, 1 smith hammer, 1 musical instrument, 1 saw, ingots, wood, arrows, bolts, and bandages.

GOAL: Once event begins, the objective for each team is to siege the enemy tower and defend your own tower as necessary. The ultimate goal is to COLLECT 1 ENEMY SHIELD from each floor of your enemies tower (4 shields total), and bring them back to your base (first floor supply room). Once all 4 shields have been acquired, equipped on 4 seperate players on your team, and standing in your supply room, your team wins (regardless if the other team has anyone left alive).

RULES:
- You MUST be using the recommended client 5.0.8.3 (downloadable on this website) in order to cross the top of the towers. If you are not able to cross the top of the towers you can only defend. NO FRONT DOOR ACCESS WILL BE ALLOWED - DO NOT LEAVE THE TOWERS.
- Anything goes with the supplies provided. (If you want to use your regs for potions, your alchy will have to make them. If you want halberds for your mages, your smith will have to make them.)
- You cannot move your teams friendly shields (if you do you will be disqualified). If you loot a friendly shield from the enemy team you must keep it in your pack until you die or win (so make sure you loot your kills, they may have a shield on them!).
- If an entire team is wiped and the enemy team hasn't won yet, 1 character will be provided a resurrection inside their supply room. You can - and should prioritize - resurrecting your teammates.
- NEW! You cannot loot the enemy supply room of supplies (only exception is the shield).

STRATEGY: Your teams mule is very important! Choose wisely between a tamer or a bard for your team. You can communicate through guild chat or vent. Try very, very hard to not let your team wipe, although the siege will take time, it will be hard to make a comeback from a full wipe. Use your supplies wisely, and always make sure to loot your kills -- supplies are very limited! Field spells 4TW. There are many choke points, use them!

TEAM SELECTION

BLUE TEAM (coin toss winner - first pick)
MAGE 1: Felix (Captain)
MAGE 2: Andersonius / Shiva
WARRIOR 1: pristiq
MULE: fox_phyre
BARD: Mikel123
MAGE 3: Medusa

GREEN TEAM WINNING TEAM!
MAGE 1: Panthor (Captain)
MAGE 2: Johnny Hobo
MULE: Rose
BARD: Arsen
MAGE 3: Guerrilla
MAGE 4: yomega

CURRENT PLAYER POOL: IMPORTANT Respond to this thread with the role(s) you're available to play to be added to current player pool. The more roles you make yourself available for the more likely you will get chosen to play! Make sure you are available for the time of event, your team is relying on you! 2 players out of the pool will become team captains, and take turns picking their team from the available player pool. Just because you are in the pool, does not mean you will be chosen. All players not chosen will be considered as fill-ins on the the day of the event incase of absentees.
Last edited by Luca|Blight on Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:46 pm, edited 28 times in total.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Re: Event 10/23/10: SIEGE - Currently in Signups!

Post by son »

felix in
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

count me in!

mage or thief.
Last edited by marmalade on Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

smith, warrior(macer or archer/fencer), mage

fox_phyre
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by fox_phyre »

Mage or warrior or mule (smith and carp) or bard
Last edited by fox_phyre on Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Visit my shop in Yew! First house west of Yew Moongate, always stocked!
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=64975

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

In
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Warrior, mage, tamer, thief, or bard for me please (for captains, I think that's the order in which I'm best-equipped to compete... my bard has a couple skills - lockpicking and cartography - that I think will be useless).

Also, two criticisms from last time... first, the crafter role was rather uneventful. I just made people weapons (and managed to make some useful potions at 0.0 real skill, actually) and then just sat there hidden waiting to die. And second, I thought that opening the front doors was a bad move. But apparently there was some issue with the roof pathway? I don't even know, as again I was just cowering by the forge :-)

Otherwise though, awesome event. I'm looking forward to taking a more active role and killin peeps.

Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Well the front door access is off limits this time. The reason why we had to open the doors last time was due to some client issues not allowing one or two people to cross the roof. This time if they don't have the correct client version they just cannot participate.
I'm a chemistry set that makes only firecrackers and smoke bombs.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

>> Mage Bard Warrior Thief Tamer <<

*Karate Chop's Felix to the neck*

Lets do this.
Last edited by Roser on Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Nevermore wrote:Well the front door access is off limits this time. The reason why we had to open the doors last time was due to some client issues not allowing one or two people to cross the roof. This time if they don't have the correct client version they just cannot participate.
Ahhh, I see, good to know thanks.

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

Nevermore wrote:Well the front door access is off limits this time. The reason why we had to open the doors last time was due to some client issues not allowing one or two people to cross the roof. This time if they don't have the correct client version they just cannot participate.
I think someone was actually just hidden right at the crossing because I couldn't cross at first but then magically I was able to later.
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

Skullgrim
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Skullgrim »

Warrior,Mage, bard

Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Kabal wrote:
I think someone was actually just hidden right at the crossing because I couldn't cross at first but then magically I was able to later.

I was there, and there was no one right at the crossing. Sometimes if you hit the stools from the wrong angle you don't actually go up over them, you stay on the same plane. Also it's just kinda weird sometimes, I can't ever use the stools as a means to raise my z axis if I'm hidden or anything like that. So I'm just going to guess that it was just being finicky.
I'm a chemistry set that makes only firecrackers and smoke bombs.

Pro

Post by Pro »

me in as bard again ty

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

Pro wrote:me in as bard again ty
game over
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]