Murder Counts

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
SoundofGod

Murder Counts

Post by SoundofGod »

Real quick:

I was out marking runes for my Lockpicker's Runebook.

I recall into the LL's in Deceit and immediately hid. The people farming think i'm a theif and reveal me and me having 0 resist and 0 wrestle, i am F'd.

Needless to say, they were wrong, but that's the game, whatever. the issue i have is that I was only able to give the first guy who attacked me a count. they were both blue and farming and thought they had a perma grey (how the heck you would think a Glorious Lord is a theif is beyond me.)

Obviously this is a bug.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Murder Counts

Post by Mikel123 »

You know, I noticed a similar thing happen to me as well.

I recalled to outside Destard and was attacked by three blues. I was on a character who has no offensive capabilities whatsoever, and is never in war mode (has no weapon skill either) so I know I didn't accidentally attack them. I was definitely blue.

I am positive that at least two of them damaged me, because I got two separate "------- is attacking you!" messages in my journal. Additionally, I was at 100 HPs and they all hit me with pre-cast explosions and then cast ebolt. Just getting hit with one person's explosion-ebolt cannot drop someone with 100 HPs.

I don't know of any other details I can add. They were all guilded. Perhaps I reflected one of their explosions and went gray to that person? I don't know. I ran into Destard itself but was killed by either an explosion or the 1-second damage delay on an ebolt cast from outside.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Mikel123 wrote: I don't know of any other details I can add. They were all guilded. Perhaps I reflected one of their explosions and went gray to that person? I don't know. I ran into Destard itself but was killed by either an explosion or the 1-second damage delay on an ebolt cast from outside.
Reflecting causes you to go grey to that person? If so, that's a bug in itself... I have noticed oddities with reflecting explosions.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

At any point did you heal up to 100% while not effected by any other debilitating spell such as poison or para? If so that would have reset your ability to count them until they damaged you again.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

SoundofGod

Post by SoundofGod »

So what you're saying is:

If 139 people attacked me, and I healed to 100%, and i got wacked with a EB/EXP/HALLY/EB/death combo by just one person 5 seconds after my full heal, i will only be able to count that one guy? I get it. :|

I don't agree with it, but it makes sense. I was under the assumption that if you attacked someone and remained grey - you were liable for his death in any instance. But what you're saying is that if he gets to 100% health, his death from that point on is the fault of someone else, not your original action.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

I have something semi similar to add.

Someone attacked me by casting exp and targeting me, causing my reflect to go off. Before the spell does damage to them, I accidentally did magic arrow on him.

he was still blue, and I turned grey. I do not thing this is accurate?
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

SoundofGod wrote:If 139 people attacked me, and I healed to 100%, and i got wacked with a EB/EXP/HALLY/EB/death combo by just one person 5 seconds after my full heal, i will only be able to count that one guy? I get it. :|
Aye this is accurate to OSI in era to the best of our understanding, based both on OSI's statements, and antecodotal reports.
son wrote:Someone attacked me by casting exp and targeting me, causing my reflect to go off. Before the spell does damage to them, I accidentally did magic arrow on him.

he was still blue, and I turned grey. I do not thing this is accurate?
This is interesting, I suspect as you do that the attack should be criminal, as it removed your reflect, even though no damage was done.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

I only added the comment b/c I imagine the criminal action causing no damage is related?
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Now this thread is going in three directions, sort of, but just to update... for myself personally, I did not heal to 100%, and actually ended up speaking to one of the people involved in killing me and he mentioned that it definitely was two of them. Best explanation I can think of is I somehow right-clicked the first murder count gump as I was still trying to run away.