Blue PK's

Topics related to Second Age
Victor Horn

Blue PK's

Post by Victor Horn »

Well I have been playing for months now, but lately I been running into a lot of Blue PK now and its getting very stupid. I use to try to talk with other players as long as they were blue. Now I find myself running from everyone because I just can’t trust the other players now. Unless I’m in a guard zone. So is there any way to redo the stats for killers. Like if you’re blue but attack someone you lose all fame and Karma and become red. I think if your character goes from Honorable or higher to Murderer with just one criminal act and have Zero Karma or fame then the blue PKing will stop. Since they will not be able to enter a town, but since it goes off of murder rate then they can just kill another blue from time to time without having to worry about turning complete red. Plus the same for anyone trying to steal from another. They should go to a red status if caught and you should be able to kill them without repercussions against you for attacking them.
All I know is that if this blue pking keeps up, I’m just going to leave. I don’t find it at all realistic at all and it takes away any real reason to stay on the virtue side since it’s easy to keep yourself blue. Commit a murder that’s fine. All you have to do, is go kill up to 10+ monsters and you recouped your loses in Karma and Fame.
:cry:

Sissypants

Re: Blue PK's

Post by Sissypants »

I'm going to turn my character red soon. That way people won't have to be suspect of my intentions. Might as well cut to the chase right?

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Not era accurate, there are 1000 threads on this already. Your best bet is to always be cautious of other players, learn how to fight back or escape
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

The more you play, the sooner you will start to recognize some names of common blue PKs. Most of them even do you the favor of making their character profile public on myUOSA, and it will say something like 3 kills, 74 lifetime kills. Those are the guys who kill someone every other day or so, and just log in every day to burn the counts, 40 hours at a time, so they never turn red.

Kryptonical
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kryptonical »

Mikel123 wrote:Those are the guys who kill someone every other day or so, and just log in every day to burn the counts, 40 hours at a time, so they never turn red.
seems like a lot of work...just go red

Victor Horn

Post by Victor Horn »

nightshark wrote:Not era accurate, there are 1000 threads on this already. Your best bet is to always be cautious of other players, learn how to fight back or escape
I don’t think the creators of this era meant for this type of play, what might seem accurate might be a very big hole they missed. What did the creators of this era believe should be considered accurate?Some still question the methods used to deal with the griefer issue.
Raph Koster has said:

Being safe from evil is, in my mind, an uneven tradeoff for the fact that you don't get to be heroes anymore, in that you can just opt out of fighting evil. It may be nobody wants to be heroes except when it doesn't count, when it isn't challenging, that people would rather fight "pretend evil" than the real thing, but I don't personally believe that. I still think people are better than that.

Who is Raphael "Raph" Koster (born 7 September 1971) is an American entrepreneur, game designer, and author of A Theory of Fun for Game Design. Koster is widely recognized for his work as the lead designer of Ultima Online[1] and the creative director behind Star Wars Galaxies.[2] Since July 2006, he has been working as the founder and president of Metaplace (previously operating as Areae and acquired by social gaming company Playdom in 2010) producing an upcoming platform for online games also called Metaplace.
So was this the game he wanted or envisioned. NO
He thought some people would want to play the good guys, but I guess he was wrong.

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

Clearly the original creators wanted trammel.

Anyone else tired of founding fathers original intent arguments?

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Without PVP, everyone would be a bard...keep that in mind
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Victor Horn wrote:He thought some people would want to play the good guys, but I guess he was wrong.
There are people who play the "good guys" on this server... perhaps you should join forces with them
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Victor Horn

Post by Victor Horn »

nightshark wrote:
Victor Horn wrote:He thought some people would want to play the good guys, but I guess he was wrong.
There are people who play the "good guys" on this server... perhaps you should join forces with them
Yea, Ok then I guess then that the last 10 deaths all by different blue pkers was just very bad luck.

Victor Horn

Post by Victor Horn »

Panthor the Hated wrote:Clearly the original creators wanted trammel.

Anyone else tired of founding fathers original intent arguments?
Obviously your reading comprehension is not your best suit.

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

This shard is about recreating the mechanics of OSI on a specific date in history, not creating what we believe was the actual intent of UO.

End of Story, no NEA changes to end blue pks.

Anyways, as a sometimes "Blue PK" I can tell you its a huge pita to pk without going red. I'm constantly sitting at 3-4 long term and sometimes going red on accident, getting too close for comfort to being perma red.

Just because your day, your week, you entire gaming experience was ruined by a blue who pk'd you does not mean its a bad thing. Sometimes it means you need to change your style of play, other times it means you want a game that protects you from other people.

Victor Horn

Post by Victor Horn »

Panthor the Hated wrote:This shard is about recreating the mechanics of OSI on a specific date in history, not creating what we believe was the actual intent of UO.

End of Story, no NEA changes to end blue pks.

Anyways, as a sometimes "Blue PK" I can tell you its a huge pita to pk without going red. I'm constantly sitting at 3-4 long term and sometimes going red on accident, getting too close for comfort to being perma red.

does not mean its a bad thing. Sometimes it means you need to change your style of play, other times it means you want a game that protects you from other people.
1. First off who made you GOD. NO ONE
2. This shard is about recreating the mechanics of OSI on a specific date in history= Sorry already proven to be false.
3. Just because your day, your week, you entire gaming experience was ruined by a blue who pk'd you= Reading Comprehension again, try 10 in the past two days.
4. Sometimes it means you need to change your style of play= What never leaving town and just making things all day long. If it comes down to it, yes I will change my style to NOT PLAYING AT ALL.
5. other times it means you want a game that protects you from other people= NO what I want is what the mechanics of OSI suppose to be-if you murder someone you should be red. Period why it lets others know your a PKER and we should beware. I should not have to run just because someone showed up and yes Blue PKers run in packs too. Was attacked by one guy ran my horse in tell it could not run, the other guy was just a screen away. Then poof another one showed up, I started to warn this guy of the attacker and bam he hits me several times with Mage Spells and kills me, then both loot me.
6. End of Story, no NEA changes to end blue pks.= Then have fun playing with less and less players. Why you will not be able to get others even old school players of Ultima Online to play the game. Yes I'm old school been playing games since the Commodore VIC-20.
7. I played many hours of Ultima back in the day and I will tell you this, it was never like this in tell people like you showed up. Many people left because of BS like this, even me.
8." This is how MMORPGs die.

It's true that extended treadmills and character progression are effective mechanics to retain the subscriptions. But it's also true while going in that direction you progressively isolate the game from new players. It's as conservative approach that aims to preserve the current situation as long as possible but that is still cruising toward an unavoidable collapse.

An healthy online world that slowly *grows* instead of slowly collapsing, is one where new and old players are brought together and not cut apart. A type of game where the content is experienced together and brings life to a world, and not burnt and thrown away as junk. The difference between a place where you live and one that you colonize and leech till there's nothing left."

BobDobbs
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BobDobbs »

Player retention is not the goal of UOSA, accuracy is. You're thinking in terms of subscriptions. UOSA is not a business. There are no subscriptions to worry about.

No one, whether it be a crafter, a PvPer, a PvMer, a PK or a griefer benefits from less players on the shard. But at the same time, the staff of UOSA's hands are not tied by needing to please the customer.

Because there are no customers here.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken
UOSA Last.fm group!

Victor Horn

Post by Victor Horn »

BobDobbs wrote:Player retention is not the goal of UOSA, accuracy is. You're thinking in terms of subscriptions. UOSA is not a business. There are no subscriptions to worry about.

No one, whether it be a crafter, a PvPer, a PvMer, a PK or a griefer benefits from less players on the shard. But at the same time, the staff of UOSA's hands are not tied by needing to please the customer.

Because there are no customers here.
1. Never stated we were customers.
2. Player retention is not the goal of UOSA=then this Shard will die a bad death without more players=No one to game with very boring.
3 .accuracy HMM then Razor is not accurate and many others too are not era accurate.
4. Me and others are not asking to be pleased were asking for a change to a loop hole in the mechanics in the game. Too easy to Blue PK and not turn red. Simple solution make it were you turn red for pk. End of story. If you like to pk then be red, but the ones who don’t like this idea are possibly the ones doing it. Let me ask you this pk, if there is hardly anyone on the shard or no one left but you. Who will you PK. NO one.
How many inactive accounts does this shard have now. How many new potential players who never played this game come and go because of PK like you. How many people go around telling there friends not to try this shard out because of PK like you. How many less players will be on this shard in a year time because of PK like you.
I could go on, but I think you get what I’m saying, but even if you don’t agree. Know this Ultima Online second age has died before, what makes you think this one will not die too if your doing the same things that killed the first one.