Suggestion for ERA Accuracy; Clean Up Brittania

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Mad Max
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Suggestion for ERA Accuracy; Clean Up Brittania

Post by Mad Max »

CUB was great, I remember I got like 10 neon dyes and a singing ball from it. The neons were only 10000 points and were sellin for around 40k. It was a madhouse though everyone at the banks just macroing dumping stuff. But like someone already said it was easily abused, anyone who was smart would just simply make a crafter and macro dumping items in the trash barrel. I myself made a new smith/miner for the sole purpose of CUB and just made chainmail coifs and dumped them.

But it's always been my understanding that there will not be another one. I mean I would love for there to be another one but it would really mess up the economy I think. If there was another one I think people would abuse it 10 times more than the last one and uosa would turn into neon trammel heaven. Maybe if there was another one or something like it maybe the awards could be nerfed or something. But like I said my understanding has always been that I think there was only one CUB on OSI so there's only one here.

kill drizitz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kill drizitz »

some people didnt abuse it. i dumped all my items from tmaps and stuff and got a ton of neon hair dyes. still have a bunch. i dont want to see it in with the same items. a new one, with different items would be fun.

Brules

Post by Brules »

You cant tell me that staff couldnt implement another CUB and code it so that items newer than the day it starts wont count towards CUB.....I would be shocked if that was not possible. Having seen how complex and impressive the event system is, I have to think they could do CUB and ensure no new items could be trashed for points.

poogoblin

Post by poogoblin »

I'm against, another CuB (wasn't around for the first so no real alterior motive) as all it does is promote constant macroing, as previously mentioned

BobDobbs
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BobDobbs »

If the CUB doesn't last very long, there's no way to do that.

Having a CUB last longer than a day is asking for trouble.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken
UOSA Last.fm group!

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

i havent read this thread because im sure noone said a single original thing

just cuz hoarding happens now doesnt mean making a new cub wouldn't increase the item count. there would be more hoarding.

i am anti hoarding and would gladly hoard in preperation for a cub, so would all of you

im not for or against it, but you're all unoriginal and bad at forums

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

wouldn't cubs encourage afk resource gathering?
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Kelektra
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kelektra »

I wasnt around for the first CUB so i cant say anything about the massive raping of the system via macroing all 3 accounts via tailoring etc.

I cant remember the whole CUB system on OSI but i thought from memory that only certain items were accepted. Couldnt we do the same type of thing here.

No crafted items accepted.
No stacked items accepted.
No NPC purchased items accepted.

Then people would know, well no need to horde X type of stuff anymore, might as well just sell to NPC or trash it and the CUB system would lower the item count of all the magic items(weapons, jewerly, armor, etc) and people would get something out of it.
Shards Only T-Map Validation System viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24446

clintbeastwood

Post by clintbeastwood »

Kelektra wrote:I wasnt around for the first CUB so i cant say anything about the massive raping of the system via macroing all 3 accounts via tailoring etc.

I cant remember the whole CUB system on OSI but i thought from memory that only certain items were accepted. Couldnt we do the same type of thing here.

No crafted items accepted.
No stacked items accepted.
No NPC purchased items accepted.

Then people would know, well no need to horde X type of stuff anymore, might as well just sell to NPC or trash it and the CUB system would lower the item count of all the magic items(weapons, jewerly, armor, etc) and people would get something out of it.
^THIS
+1

platy

Post by platy »

pretty sure stackable items weren't accepted..
I THINK crafted items were removed after a day or two from abuse..
as for NPC purchased items I'm not sure..

I played with Driz during the first one and we dumped TMAP loot into it which we'd been gathering for PVP resources..
I agree a new one with different items maybe?
And disallowing "new" items would be nice since only pre existing items could be tossed in; would mean the item count can ONLY go down!

Since i still have TONS of items from the first CuB I don't care either way, but it was a neat event that the players who weren't here for the first one could have some fun with too.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

i took my tamer to deciet and farmed the living crap out of bone knights for the entire time it was going
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Endecent

Post by Endecent »

I did the same, turned in their armor.. Got PK'd plenty though hehe

Kelektra
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kelektra »

72 hour CUB.

No new items will be made in game during the CUB.
All crafting skills will be disabled during the CUB, with exceptions to skills that the items would not be redeemable. Inscription for example since items made through where not accepted in the CUB in the first place.
All monsters killed during this time will only give gold.
NPC vendors will only sell stackable "exempt items from CUB" during the period.
NPC vendors will buy any "exempt items from CUB" at double the normal price.
(this last option could be cool only because it would also help to reduce the item count in the game)
Shards Only T-Map Validation System viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24446

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

you cant have people not be able to use their crafting characters to do their normal game play.
Think how far behind stocking their vendors they would be!
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

BobDobbs
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BobDobbs »

Since folks are bragging about how they exploited the first CUB, just use said brags to know what to exclude from a second CUB.

Problem solved.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken
UOSA Last.fm group!