Treasure maps out of era atm!

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Ulfrigg

Re: Tresure maps out of era atm!

Post by Ulfrigg »

Thx Derrick, can you also look at digging up the tresure with a pickaxe cause i just tried it today and it doesnt work, says i have to have a digging tool to dig for treasure :)

Blackhaggie

Post by Blackhaggie »

I agree with matron about the lvl 4 dungeon chests loot not being correct. I also remember there always being more gold inside.

Berock Shagando

Post by Berock Shagando »

I seem to remember having to target the map with the pickaxe then targeting the ground...you try that? I havent done any Tmaps on UOSA tho, just T2A Sonoma and that was ages ago.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Berock Shagando wrote:I seem to remember having to target the map with the pickaxe then targeting the ground...you try that? I havent done any Tmaps on UOSA tho, just T2A Sonoma and that was ages ago.
that's how they work here
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Ulfrigg

Post by Ulfrigg »

Berock Shagando wrote:I seem to remember having to target the map with the pickaxe then targeting the ground...you try that? I havent done any Tmaps on UOSA tho, just T2A Sonoma and that was ages ago.
Well thats not the problem, the thing is if you have only a pickaxe in your backpack and try to dig up the treasure map with it, it wont let you. It does work if you also have a shovel in your backpack along with the pickaxe.

I tried it out by placing the shovel on the ground and target the map with the pickaxe and it dint let me dig it up, but once i put the shovel back in the backpack it worked like a charm

Btw Derrick do you have any feedback about the loot in them?

OhSnap
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by OhSnap »

poogoblin wrote:
Omnicron wrote:Anyone notice some of the locations on valor island cannot be dug up?
Sounds like you need to find yourself a new Tmap rune library. Been awhile since I've been actively Thunting but I never had a problem with any of the spots (minus the library I used to use would be a step or two off)
off topic, but another possibility is that the map was already deciphered before by another player. need to make sure that when you click it, it reads "a tattered treasure map" and not just "a treasure map". difficult to tell after you have already opened the map once, but if you are positive you are in the correct spot and it won't let you dig up the treasure (remember, there are different messages given depending on the proximity of the treasure chest), this is likely the problem.

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

pickaxes never worked for me either

SighelmofWyrmgard

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

Ulfrigg wrote:

Well thats not the problem, the thing is if you have only a pickaxe in your backpack and try to dig up the treasure map with it, it wont let you. It does work if you also have a shovel in your backpack along with the pickaxe.

I tried it out by placing the shovel on the ground and target the map with the pickaxe and it dint let me dig it up, but once i put the shovel back in the backpack it worked like a charm

Btw Derrick do you have any feedback about the loot in them?

I never made this connection: I do (think I) use a pickaxe to dig up treasure, but my guy always does have his newbie shovel in the top of his pack ...

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

Zelek Uther
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Zelek Uther »

Hah! I always wondered about this!

Saxmund sir, this would be why I couldn't dig up that chest one time when we went Treasure hunting. I'd already read the map, so I had to dig it... but forgot my shovel. You lent me your pickaxe, but I couldn't dig the map with it. Mystery solved!

Sorry to side-track, but... how do you get a newbie shovel?
Zadok Uther - Co-founder of Society of Traders [S^T]

Zelek Uther - Guild Master of Terra Nova [TN]

Hamrlik
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hamrlik »

Zelek Uther wrote:Sorry to side-track, but... how do you get a newbie shovel?
Start a character with 1 skill point or more in mining.

kwhiz73
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kwhiz73 »

MatronDeWinter wrote:I agree that Tmap loot, dungeon chest loot, and dungeon chest locations are severely cut back on UOSA. I remember pulling 500 gp each time from a group of spawning level 4 chests in a particular area. Here, they don't spawn in the right location(s), and the loot is much less.
I'm still looking for that "group" of lvl 4 chests. Most I ever get is 400--but I surely can't complain about the loot--many invis items, spell reflect items and teleport rings.

Zelek Uther
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Zelek Uther »

Hamrlik wrote:
D'Oh, my first character on UOSA, Zadok Uther, started with Mining Skill. I didn't know about newbied items at the time, I must have used the newbie shovel until it broke.

What is the advantage of a newbie shovel... I mean, what would I use it for?

(Apologies for side-tracking this thread)
Zadok Uther - Co-founder of Society of Traders [S^T]

Zelek Uther - Guild Master of Terra Nova [TN]

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

My miner got a newbie pickaxe.. didn't know you could get a newbie shovel
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

OhSnap
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by OhSnap »

nightshark wrote:My miner got a newbie pickaxe.. didn't know you could get a newbie shovel
I think it's random; sometimes you'll get a pickaxe and sometimes a shovel
Zelek Uther wrote:
Hamrlik wrote:
D'Oh, my first character on UOSA, Zadok Uther, started with Mining Skill. I didn't know about newbied items at the time, I must have used the newbie shovel until it broke.

What is the advantage of a newbie shovel... I mean, what would I use it for?

(Apologies for side-tracking this thread)
The advantage of a newbie shovel is: a) a lot more durable than store bought shovels and (I'm pretty sure) GM-tinkered shovels & b) it will not be lootable upon your death, and therefore be with your character until it breaks. correct me if I'm wrong someone, but I'm quite certain digging up treasure chests doesn't reduce durability on shovels

Ulfrigg

Re: Treasure maps out of era atm!

Post by Ulfrigg »

Found some more info on this.

After our cut date so proves invis items where very common
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.game ... b5a121a084

I've been trying to sell them at 5gp per charge. Invisibility usually sells
for 10gp per charge, so I figured 1/2 of that. Anyone here have experience
selling this stuff? Should I just give it away to newbies?

Shows that no initial spawn was on lvl 1 chest

2. There will be some sort of spawn as soon as the chest gets fully exposed [with the
execption here of most level 1's in which pretty much nothing happens] Level 2 and beyond
will spawn a variety of nasty super-charged monsters

Bug that let you loot the chest without getting aggroed by the spawn

Dont go alone,have a friend with you ,who stands exactly on the same
tile as you,when you loot the chest and the monsters will not attack
you ! You can cast Blade spirit or energy vortex on the monsters then.
Hm,I admit its a cheap tactic.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.game ... e65ff12077

Thx for fixing the pickaxe, but still the lvl dint matter to get invis, spell reflect or teleport items. Only thing diffrent was the lvl on the scrolls and the quantity on items etc in chest.