Guild Stone Menu

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Guild Stone Menu

Post by Panthor the Hated »

Well, the myuosa site does show active guild wars. And there tends to be some communication between members of the same guild. Use of guild stones is very infrequent and mostly is only used for adding/removing members. Only the GM needs to be seriously concerned with managing wars and they can effectively do so as is.

shuar

Post by shuar »

I don't see why this is even being argued. We strive for era accuracy and this has been a game feature that has been around since guild warfare was first introduced. I could care less about what the menus look like but the features and functions should be in place. Guild warfare was a huge part of UO during era and I would think proper mechanics would be above back burner priority.

As a guildmaster myself I have no idea which guilds have declared war on us and guilds shouldn't have to resort to mass declaring in hopes to get 1 or 2 wars going, especially if they cannot cancel war declarations that haven't been accepted leaving their guild open to be attacked on multiple fronts at any time. This was never the case.

Panthor seeing active wars isn't the issue, you can see those via myuosa and guildstone. The problem is not being able to pick and choose via the stone to even get an active war in the first place based on those who have declared on you.

I would be happy if myuosa had a section showing declarations but even then there are alot of people and guilds that don't even look at myuosa.

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

Who exactly is arguing?

The change wont be overnight, so I provided relevant information on the current system. The screenshot that was referred to as what members see is clearly actually what the GM sees - we should get a screenshot of a member viewing the menu before we make changes to ensure its accurate.

I only see you arguing. And over something pretty minor.

shuar

Post by shuar »

I just wanted to keep this thread focused on the reason it was posted in the first place and not turn into a big mess. The link I provided wasn't just for the screenshots alone to be looked at but the actual text as well explaining what the options are, what they do, and who can access them.

I know it won't be fixed overnight nor do I expect it to be. How minor/important a bug/era inaccuracy is, is a matter of opinion. Some people feel strongly about the cbd items breaking, I feel strongly about this issue as this shard is over 3 years old based on T2A era that seems to be missing some guild components that were available in game even before T2A was even released and just wanted to bring them to the devs attention incase they were unaware of them. If I come across anymore information/images regarding the issue I'll post them. Anyhow I'm gonna go mess around in game, gluck.

Faust

Post by Faust »

shuar wrote: There could be alot of guild wars not happening because they missed the in game message and have no way of knowing war was even declared on them because the gump isn't there. Other than seeing the in-game message at the time of the declaration or having the opposing members come and ask/tell you to accept there is no way to know.
How does this effect missing a war declaration by another guild?

Menu selection #9 for a GM or #8 for a regular member only displays a list of the guilds that you have declared war on, not vice versa. There was no way to know whom declared war upon your guild during this time unless you seen the message OR declared war on a guild receiving the message you are now at war with them. Actually, the current menu is more forgiving when it comes to a declaration of war. The original menu would display a list of 50 randomized guilds EVEN if you had already declared war upon the guild. Derrick made a modification to the current war declaration option that displays the list in alphabetical order AND if war has not been declared upon the guild. Declaring war was a very painful, tedius, and annoying process. A guildmaster could sit there for a very long time hoping the guild they wanted to declare war upon would be added to the randomized list of 50 guilds during the selection process.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

I seem to remember a search function for declaring war. Were you not able to search via guild name to declare war at any point?
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Faust

Post by Faust »

Guild stone revision added in February 2000 before UOR but after our cutoff date Sandro.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Faust wrote:Guild stone revision added in February 2000 before UOR but after our cutoff date Sandro.
UO:R strikes again.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

shuar

Post by shuar »

I believe the 2000 guild patch changed mostly wording and the ability to enter the name of the guild to declare war on. The stratics image I linked was from before that patch.

Dunno if you can use these as a guide or not but I loaded up an old version of the wolfpack emulator server (old spinoff of UOX back in the day) to see what the menus looked like on there. Figured I would take some screenshots incase they do help any. These are with the client from uosecondage.com connecting with razor. The other confusing thing on this image is the "declare war from target" option. I dunno if that was in or not and I don't remember ever using it.

http://img691.imageshack.us/i/guildmenus.jpg

Yeah I know the random list was a pain.

Menu 8 does just that. it only shows guilds that you are in an active war with.
For example

Guild A declares on guild B. Guild B is not online at the time, when they log on and look at stone there is no menu showing that guild A has declared on them. (See image linked above for example of whats missing)

Guild A decided to war guild C since guild B hasn't accepted. Guild C is online and declares back. Guild A cannot declare peace on guild B.

Guild A's stone now shows that they are at war with guild C, but there is no menu showing they even declared on guild B and they are stuck in an "accept war mode" towards guild B if they ever do declare on guild A. Meanwhile there's the possibility that guild B still doesn't know they were declared on in the first place.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Target player was added later but not sure when.

The original menu has the exact options listed in the URL of the first post of this thread. The only way to declare war was through a randomized list of 50 guilds. Declaring peace functioned the same way but was based on the guilds you are currently at war with.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

The easiest way to declare war with how the current menu set-up is, is basically to just go down the list and war literally every guild on the shard, then post a forum topic saying "War Us <guildname>!"

At least, thats what I did..

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I'm on it. thanks.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."