This is how I feel when I play my RP beggar

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.
sexbot

This is how I feel when I play my RP beggar

Post by sexbot »

Ingus

Re: This is how I feel when I play my RP beggar

Post by Ingus »

So sad, yet so true. And really, this can be expanded to include the UO experience in general.
Ingus, Order of Blades, OoJ

sexbot

Post by sexbot »

yeah because like... barely anyone plays. and no one talks in the game. just a really sad section of the gaming community is present, which is sad cuz uo used to be populated with fun people.

Ingus

Post by Ingus »

I was just referring to the spouses of those who play UO craving touch they never get because there's always one more spawn to tackle, or ingots to craft. :P

I did find it a bit tough to work into the UOSA culture, but UO has always been a game about building alliances. Once you approach some people (albeit, not people trying to kill you or macroing), and make some acquaintances, whether on the forums, IRC, or in-game, things become a lot more enjoyable.
Ingus, Order of Blades, OoJ

Agnes

Post by Agnes »

I've come across many people who like to talk and team up. Don't be shy, say hi :D

Berock Shagando

Post by Berock Shagando »

Yeah Im pretty new to the shard. Got my buddy IRL. It helped me out since I had someone to hunt with. But I mainly play while Im at work...also while hes at work and cant...and once i'm home, he is too and online but i'm not. My house is in a VERY rural area and doesnt have high speed capabilities. And I refuse to play on dial-up. I get frustrated easily by lag, tense up, then have a neck/headache combo. But while hitting a few of my favorite spawns, I got to knowing some of the folks that frequent them too and even joined the Immortal Lords and gained some friends through them. Now when i log on in my odd hours, theirs usually someone i know on as well. All you have to do is talk yourself. some ppl may be busy going about their routines and be very short with you, but others are happy to indulge in conversation. And that alone will get you connected. They say Everyone in the world knows each other through everyone else...works that way here too. only on a smaller scale. The more ppl you talk to, the more ppl you will ultimately know. Im always looking for a hunting group.