Ultima Online v1.25: The Original CD

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
GleepGlop

Re: Ultima Online v1.25: The Original CD

Post by GleepGlop »

Panthor the Hated wrote:Did the mail bag ever work? I just used to drop it on everyone. It was funny.
Didn't you have the option of turning it off and not recieving any messages? I think when someone dragged it to you, you would just get a message about an invitation to chat and it wasn't actually that annoying unless you had multiple people doing it.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2810&view=next

Klavis Verge

Waiting Patiently

Post by Klavis Verge »

I remember the gimp masks but not the mailbag? I have my original *pre-ordered* second age CD in my drive right now and I tried connecting a couple times with connect UO patching encryption then tried Captain's patched client and neither works. If we want to be era accurate we absolutely must support this client version, although I do remember that OSI had some issues with the distribution which probably led to later versions and GADZILLION DAMN PATCHES. This is the CD that caused society to assign me a psychiatrist for "being addicted to it" because of the D&D fears that I'd go out and kill people (maybe for what *they* did...), and I simply cannot live without it. Coffee & Dr. Pepper + cigarettes + UO 1.25.35 = heaven. I do remember OSI deliberating over the whole child thing...I could swear I saw a few in game back then but maybe my memory is flawed? Someone message me as SOON as support is enabled!!!
IF YOUR MONITOR SUPPORTS 1280X1024 then JOIN THE ELITE EXPERIENCE viewtopic.php?f=11&t=42397

Derrick

Re: Waiting Patiently

Post by Derrick »

Klavis Verge wrote:If we want to be era accurate we absolutely must support this client version, although I do remember that OSI had some issues with the distribution which probably led to later versions and GADZILLION DAMN PATCHES.
I'm actually working on it, this is the 1.26i (UO:R) client on test center tonight.
Client.1.26.4.0.UOSATest.png
It will be some amount of work to make this fully functional, and it's still glitchy, but test center does support this client as of tonight. Not razor though. You will have to install from the UO:R or UOTD CD, then UORICE the client, and edit your login.cfg to connect.

login.cfg

Code: Select all

;Loginservers for Ultima Online
;Do not edit this file or patching will fail!  Always save a backup.
LoginServer=test.uosecondage.com,2593
LoginServer=test.uosecondage.com,2593
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

You'd think a wizard could just recall

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

It's important to mention that the original T2A CD didn't even have the mediation skill. We would like to support the client, but in the end it won't be fully in line with our timeframe on Second Age.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Klavis Verge

Post by Klavis Verge »

Derrick do you have a dedicated group of beta testers or is it like a packet scoop on the testbed with whoever happens to connect? I'd grab the .26i version and help if it would speed things up. I'm a Microcrap systems engineer but not a game developer. I understand code but assembly is beyond me right now. I could care less about razor (would make the clients more "invested" in my opinion), and I hate Meditation (an extra open skill slot would be important in my gameplay strategy) but that's surely debatable as I do believe in democracy and would probably be out-voted in support of it, if not for the very fact that we're all "dedicated" to a client that *happens* to feature it. I really appreciate all the hard work you do and I know how hard it is. Let me know what I can do.
IF YOUR MONITOR SUPPORTS 1280X1024 then JOIN THE ELITE EXPERIENCE viewtopic.php?f=11&t=42397

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

This is probably outside the scope of the Second Age Discussion forum; hit up the forums over at JoinUO, it all all very ad-hoc; anyone able to contribute in any respect is very welcome.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Derrick wrote:It's important to mention that the original T2A CD didn't even have the mediation skill. We would like to support the client, but in the end it won't be fully in line with our timeframe on Second Age.
I guess updating these old clients has been discontinued by OSI? I recall back in '00, if I wanted to update my non-T2A client I would need to alter one of the cfg files to the new server address, then it would update as per normal. There was a guide for it on the site back then.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

nightshark wrote:I guess updating these old clients has been discontinued by OSI?
You can still patch all the way from the T2A CD to the latest client as far as I'm aware. I accidenly patched my UO:R client yesterday a little bit.

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

Derrick wrote:
nightshark wrote:I guess updating these old clients has been discontinued by OSI?
You can still patch all the way from the T2A CD to the latest client as far as I'm aware. I accidenly patched my UO:R client yesterday a little bit.
Burned!

Ya I patched my UO:R install when I started here to one of the 5.x clients. They seem to still patch all the way tot he beginning

wisedevil

Post by wisedevil »

Nice find.

Anybody knows which emulator would run this client? Seriously...looks like a nice project!

Endmor

Post by Endmor »

Will be this client version implemented on the server in future ?

Bicchus Dicchus

Post by Bicchus Dicchus »

It would be missing the T2A resources, such as Ostard graphics; outlook negative

Bicchus Dicchus, looking forward to dinner

Endmor

Post by Endmor »

Ok :) - "Will be era accarute client version implemented on the server in future ?"

Bicchus Dicchus

Post by Bicchus Dicchus »

It stands to reason that a customized client could be put together using what we have learned from the old clients, god client, etc, as well as the stripping down of modern client resources (such as, for example, Champion monster animations) in order to produce a compact client containing only the resources used up to Dec31/99

Remember the chest opening animation?

Bicchus Dicchus