Lootable Houses ( pointless door locks )

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Derrick

Re: Lootable Houses ( pointless door locks )

Post by Derrick »

I'm really reaching on memory here, but I believe this was an issue that was fixed long ago but only for new towers. This tower must be very old?

In the interest of preserving shard history, If you give me the location I will post it's age.

There are some other older grandfathered houses that have different lockdown/secure counts etc due to us correcting various inaccuracies over the years.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

I noticed a similar issue in my castle a while back.

Beyond the front doors is a second set of doors that leads to the courtyard. They definitely had one-sided locks (which makes sense, realistically, for locks, but I digress). And I spent a little while trying to figure out which way I should lock them... if I locked them from the courtyard side, then anyone that got in my front doors could Telekinesis them and Teleport to the courtyard. But if I locked them from the castle side towards the front door, anyone who got in the courtyard could open them manually, Telekinesis my front doors, and anyone nearby could Teleport right in. I finally settled on locking them on the courtyard side, and locking (and never using) the front doors from the outside.

That whole story is pointless, except to reiterate that this definitely was an issue with castle doors too. I think my castle was placed Oct/Nov 2009.

Sultan of Swing

Post by Sultan of Swing »

Thanks,

That would explain the issue, it is the Tower directly outside of Cove gate, as far as I know it is pretty old, has certainly had a lot of visitors.

Are there any other issues related to these old Tower I should be aware of?

Cheers,

Sultan

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The only known difference in towers from a couple years ago would be the door facings, and possible that there are more lockdowns and less secures. At the time that we made the lockdown/secure count change it was given as an option to house owners to either keep the current counts or upgrade to the more correct ones. Both lockdown/secure counts were eraish (the new settings fitting our timeframe directly) and the variance is secures is not a great percentage, some opted for the grandfathering with greater lockdowns. It should be noted that at this time there were relatively few houses on the shard, so this was something in which manual grandfathering was logistically possible.

Here's that patch: Subject: Patch 38 - June 15,2008 (Housing changes)
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Sultan of Swing wrote:Thanks,

That would explain the issue, it is the Tower directly outside of Cove gate, as far as I know it is pretty old, has certainly had a lot of visitors.

Are there any other issues related to these old Tower I should be aware of?

Cheers,

Sultan
I placed that tower sometime in 2008.

No wonder this trick worked on your house.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

Trick? Doesn't seem too tricky to me. Looks like Quin got lucky to find such an insecure tower. Congrats Quin!

Sorry for your loss Sultan!

Sultan of Swing

Post by Sultan of Swing »

not so bad, been kinda fun figuring it out, glad Quin came forward, could have been some gloating wannabe.

having not previously had a tower I was a little surprised at first to learn I only had 7 secures, hence me sticking stuff on the floor in a 'locked' room.

according to Derricks link non-grandfathered towers have 12 secures, so im short of 5 (have I got this right?) but I also have 350 lockdowns which is 106 extra.

I'm hoping to eventually set up a good sized rune library so the lockdowns will be handy.

Thanks for feedback.

When I've finished the decor, ill have a grand opening and you can all come and check out the funky doors

Cheers,

Sultan

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Just read this thread, but the first thing that came into my mind when I saw the pic was: why do the doors in your tower open the other way?
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay