Good Build

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Vile

Good Build

Post by Vile »

I got my mage going right now on macros but I also wanted to make a thief...

I was thinking

GM:
Wrestle
Hiding
Stealth
Stealing
Snoopin
NON-GM
Magery - 70.0 (for heals and running)
DetectHidden - 80.0
Tracking - 50.0

This would allow me to track hidden players in towns/dungeons
reveal them. steal. run away. dodge attacks and heal... Let me know what you think I think this could be viable field theif....

Malaikat

Re: Good Build

Post by Malaikat »

Don't bother with detect when you can just cast. You're not going to be stealing from them unless they're afk anyhow...

My build:

Str 100
Dex 25
Int 100

Hide - 100
Stealth - 100
Steal - 100
Snoop - 90
Wrestle - 90
Mage - 90
Resist - 80
Track - 50

If you only want 70 mage you could gm wrestle and snoop
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

Vile

Post by Vile »

Malaikat wrote:Don't bother with detect when you can just cast. You're not going to be stealing from them unless they're afk anyhow...

My build:

Str 100
Dex 25
Int 100

Hide - 100
Stealth - 100
Steal - 100
Snoop - 90
Wrestle - 90
Mage - 90
Resist - 80
Track - 50

If you only want 70 mage you could gm wrestle and snoop
Yes true but if your in town and doing the detect hidden you may not want to reveal yourself to cast espically in dungeons when there are dragons around? or does using detect hidden break the stealth?

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Snooping and obviously stealing both unhide. To my knowledge, detect does not, but it may reset your skill timer so you'll find yourself detecting and then waiting 10 seconds to steal. I'm not positive on that though.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.

Vile

Post by Vile »

Malaikat wrote:Snooping and obviously stealing both unhide. To my knowledge, detect does not, but it may reset your skill timer so you'll find yourself detecting and then waiting 10 seconds to steal. I'm not positive on that though.
I knew stealing broke hide but i didnt think snoop did... dang....
I was also goin to do my stats like so

90/90/45

cauise i thought dex got checked on snoop;/steal and determines on how many stones you can take and how many steps you can take in stealth? besides if i need more than 45 mana to escape im probably doing it wrong?

morganm

Post by morganm »

Amount of stealth steps is a function of stealth skill; not Dex. Every 10 skill = 1 step.

oinasz

Post by oinasz »

also, snooping breaks stealth but not hide.

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

snooping doesnt break hiding, only stealth. if you're stealthing and you want to snoop, you have to use the hiding skill first, which obviously gives you a 10 second cooldown before you can use stealing.

Vile

Post by Vile »

Thanks for all the help you guys are great! Also is being a theif good way to make cash? I am just wondering... Also if anyone wants to give me a few tips and tricks for when i get higher feel free too!

How do I join the thives npc guild?

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Fencing
Tactics
Stealing 90
Snooping 50
Magery 50
Anatomy 80
Healing
Resist 90
Poisoning 40

100str /100 dex/ 25 int

Try that one :wink: *recall scrolls are a good security blanket
So what if it's lesser poison? It causes people to switch to one handers or disarm completely to heal, and it can still be a nuisance to people who rely on bandages if you inflict the poison about the same time their bandage should take.
50 snoop will show as alot higher because of dex, more so with a greater agility and the delay on attempts is minimal. You just need to set last target once you get a lock and keep attempting to steal.

Take on the guise of a normal dexxer.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Won't 40 poison leave you with only 1 in 5 hits actually poisoning?

morganm

Post by morganm »

He's asking for a GOOD build... not some theoretical "maybe if you do it right under certain circumstances" build =P

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

morganm wrote:He's asking for a GOOD build... not some theoretical "maybe if you do it right under certain circumstances" build =P
Theoretical like...in a fight?
You mean if you got skill...I got you.
Switching to a one hander to cure makes being able to target that weapon as last target alot easier. Dropping that weapon to cast to cure leaves them standing still a moment without any real damage to speak of, letting their bandages take care of it is near suicide.
Hello McFly. And yes you have less chance to poison but you have many attempts to, more then deadly before having to poison again. With a fencing weapon you'll poison quite quickly really.
Last edited by archaicsubrosa77 on Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

I'm just saying that those 40 points in poison could take your build to 90 snoop, 90 magery, or gm in a handful of other useful skills. At 1 in 5 hits actually delivering a payload, you'd be better off just carrying a small arsenal of pre-dp'd weapons and just set a hotkey to arm by type. Or better yet, set a few different dress macros/hotkeys so you can grab a new kryss every time.

Point is, gm poison on another char or buy them from a vendor. Anything less than 70 poison is a waste imho. That''ll get you to about 1 in 3 hits.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Oh definately carry DP weapons as well, that goes without saying. You just want to eat up their cure pots. They will probably have more pots, other means to cure then you will carry weapons.

So in essence you could keep poisoning them while stealing their oranges, forcing them to use the others and when they are all gone "determined by snooping". You switch to the DP.