Defense Against Tamers

Moderator: Support Moderators

morganm

Defense Against Tamers

Post by morganm »

Either at the receiving end or witnessing it... tamers with powerful pets seem to be rather formidable. How do you defend against them? How do you kill them? How do you manage or neutralize their pets? What strategies do you employ?

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Defense Against Tamers

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Field Spells, Energy or Paralyze....need to divide and conquer.
EVs are also pretty nasty...
Last edited by archaicsubrosa77 on Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Run for the hills!

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

When you see a tamer gate in 30 drags (or wyrms), DO NOT under any circumstance attack the tamer. Cast reveal, more often than not, there'll be at least one person hiding, kill that person (NOT THE TAMER), then open a gate to your keep's courtyard and entice the pets.

Of course this is in the ideal world, out there you might need to get creative, but you the first sentence is a golden rule.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Why is it that I don't ever recall seeing someone with more than 2 or maybe 3 drags on OSI? I've never played a tamer, but we pvped plenty through every era, and they were always an absolute joke.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Malaikat wrote:Why is it that I don't ever recall seeing someone with more than 2 or maybe 3 drags on OSI? I've never played a tamer, but we pvped plenty through every era, and they were always an absolute joke.
its a lot easier to do on this server since there are not as many people, and we've had a lot more time (shard has existed longer than t2a). how many people had a gm tamer in era, compared to how many people have a gm tamer here?

as for the OP.. the best way i find is paralyze + EV, but it is easily countered by a good tamer. you can try gate the pets out too.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Yeah, no one macroed taming in 1999.

Additionally, dying was a much bigger deal back then. Without alts gating you back and forth to re-equip, you'd have absolutely no chance of getting back to that point in the dungeon without dying again and again.

Return to “New Player Help”