Make some Wandering Healers or better yet...

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
razareth

Make some Wandering Healers or better yet...

Post by razareth »

Put a Static stationary healer outside all dungeons. Seriously. Who cares. Helps everyone. Hurts no one.

You die and it takes 10-30+ mins to resurrect by running to town since no wandering healers?

Era accurate? Hell no.

I have NOT ONCE found a wandering healer and I remember finding them all the time when I played Yes, Pre Trammel.

I don't mind being PKd.
I don't mind death to connection loss.
I don't mind losing all my shit.

But running around trying to find a wandering healer for 30+ mins, seriously?

(and if you say level a mage alt to res yourself - you missed the point)

Or I'm just old now and don't feel like wasting 30 mins just so I can "play" again and in that case, well guess Im too spoiled for UO.

rant, suggestion, I don't know.. but that mechanic IS worthless.

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Make some Wandering Healers or better yet...

Post by Panthor the Hated »

Wont happen dude, but if you need help cuz ur dead and stuck get in irc and ask for help instead of raging.

razareth

Post by razareth »

Shame and sad that a failed mechanic could not be addressed. There is a reason that mechanic has been discarded.

However - no wandering healers it is not era accurate.

Just like macroing a char to gm in everything is not era accurate either - but truly the MAIN reason for fun - it ADDS fun.

So again, I say.. put in more (any??) wandering healers around dungeons.

And if that was "rage" panthor, wow, you don't know rage. I've been in IRC. It made my eyeballs bleed, no thanks.

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

everyone just wants hand outs and easy mode. they are plenty of Wandering healers.
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

I routinely help people out of dungeons dude, you don't have to stick around in irc if you don't like it. Just ask for help and go. The mechanic you want wont happen but asking fellow players for help is pretty effective.

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

I ressed at a wandering healer just outside the mountain pass to despise the other day. Had enough time to stealth back to my stupid corpse at the red mages, too.

In the immortal words of Arnold, "stop whining".
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Yes more wandering healers with some chic robes would be nice :wink: :lol:
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

What if we had some wandering healers that magically teleported to you as soon as you died. Then, when he rezzes you (with full health), your belongings are automatically placed back in your pack like in CTF. If your stuff was looted before you could rez, your things are instantly pulled back into your pack from the thief's pack.
razareth wrote:Era accurate? Hell no...but truly the MAIN reason for fun - it ADDS fun.
/sarcasm :P
Last edited by Atraxi on Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
|| Atx Mini Mall | Atraxi's Great Real Estate ||

IRC: Atraxi on @#bpd +#NEW #SecondAge #C^V

<GreenPlastic> I want Five Guys inside me right now
Millerisfuntoplay wrote:Atraxi pwned me =(

OhSnap
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by OhSnap »

There are plenty of wandering healers around in the wilderness. Unfortunately, they are kind of like cops: always around when you don't need them, never around when you do. I think you just got unlucky in not being able to find any is all.

Zelek Uther
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Zelek Uther »

If you are in this situation:
  • You are running solo (no team mates to resurrect you)
  • You don't want to ask people in IRC for a gate/resurrection
  • You don't have an alternate character to gate/resurrect you
Then, here's an idea:
Before going into the dungeon / PvP zone / dangerous area, scout around for the nearest wandering healer. Note their name, and remember where they are on the map (or take a quick screenshot). Then, when you need a res, you can run directly to that healer.
Zadok Uther - Co-founder of Society of Traders [S^T]

Zelek Uther - Guild Master of Terra Nova [TN]

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

This thread actually reminded me that there used to be a wandering healer spawn in the passage between the Covetous levels. I haven't seen that on this shard and I often run between lv2-3
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

razareth

Post by razareth »

Point of fact. Even Harvey the Healer GUILDMASTER will not resurrect you. Fail mechanic. How does that add any fun to the game. It's a very small simple non game breaking thing. More healers or "npc healers" who could actually res.

iamreallysquall, Malaikat,Atraxi, Wow.. seriously where did I ask for handouts?
This game GIVES you the ability to GM 3 chars at once AFK via razor. Now THATs a handout jesus.
I didn't ask for anything but more wandering healers or working static ones, wow what a horrible crybaby thing to ask for.

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

razareth wrote:Point of fact. Even Harvey the Healer GUILDMASTER will not resurrect you. Fail mechanic. How does that add any fun to the game. It's a very small simple non game breaking thing. More healers or "npc healers" who could actually res.

iamreallysquall, Malaikat,Atraxi, Wow.. seriously where did I ask for handouts?
This game GIVES you the ability to GM 3 chars at once AFK via razor. Now THATs a handout jesus.
I didn't ask for anything but more wandering healers or working static ones, wow what a horrible crybaby thing to ask for.
1st thing. The healer guildmaster doesn't rez. That's accurate. You have to go to one of the regular healers.

You are missing the point of this shard. The entire purpose of UOSA is to recreate the t2a era to the best of our abilities. Now, throwing in random NEA things is completely against what this server stands for.

We've been here while they tweak things (major things) to make things more accurate. You think you're upset right now, with the ERA ACCURATE population of wandering healers? If this upsets you, you would have quit after some of the patches they've thrown in over the course of the last year or so, which made MAJOR changes to mechanics.

This server's goal is not to make any of us happy. The GMs don't care if there's 10 players, or 1000 players. They are going to shoot for era accuracy, not what makes you, me, or anyone else happy.

Look at some of the threads where people asked for this NEA thing, or that NEA thing. Some of them seem to go on forever with the people begging for what they want. It's not going to happen. You might as well stop now. If it's not era accurate, it's not going to happen. Period.
|| Atx Mini Mall | Atraxi's Great Real Estate ||

IRC: Atraxi on @#bpd +#NEW #SecondAge #C^V

<GreenPlastic> I want Five Guys inside me right now
Millerisfuntoplay wrote:Atraxi pwned me =(

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

In fact, I remember the wandering healers being ridiculously hard to find back on OSI as well. So, mechanical accuracy PERFECTION!!! (or whatever you kids say as the opposite of "fail" these days)

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

razareth wrote: Malaikat, Wow.. seriously where did I ask for handouts?
Did you just call me jesus?
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.