events - prepare for e-rage.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
iamreallysquall

Re: events - prepare for e-rage.

Post by iamreallysquall »

Azimer wrote:
iamreallysquall wrote:I am not by any means not agreeing on this one or for whats it worth your entire response but technically its still on the felluca facet as per derrick in irc, just that its using custom rules for the event or something to that extent.
Automated events do not occur in the normal world or in an mechanically era accurate ruleset.
by all means i agree like i said like but 'normal world' imply's the felluca facet which the map for these events is technically on but with a non mechanically era accurate rule set is what i am getting at :) example "lol your in trammel" technically no you are not you're in felluca with a different rule set. not fighting with you on this pointing something out :)
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Very interesting points being made here. This is a good thread.

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

For me, the events are kinda fun, I go to em if I happen to be logged on when one happens and I wouldn't

really care if they never occurred again, but at the same time they are kinda fun. What I like about them is

that they are super dense with pvp, as someone pointed out your pvping the entire time whether or not your

synced by 5 mages :/ and to be on the same team with someone who youd never fight with side by side in

game is an experience I enjoy

maybe have something like this - V

Maybe the events can be for the shard what test center is for me. If I haven't played for an extended

period of time like a few days, I like to log onto test and do a couple of fights just to kinda "get in the mood",

so maybe there could be a series of events or even one short event directly before the onset of peak

population hours on a separate shard that affects the main shard in no way.

Another idea I've had for a really long time that I've repeated over and over to no avail, is to remove the

event timers so you have to be online playing to be able to get in one and you can never plan for it,

this will also increase the value of silver.
Last edited by Kabal on Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

Stalker
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Stalker »

I haven't read this whole thread so I hope this hasn't already been suggested.

My thought is just don't post the schedule to the events and don't allow the ability to check via irc etc when an event is happening. Maybe this will make the people that only play for events actually play the game until an event is active. Just completely randomize each events time so there is no set schedule.

Just an idea

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Stalker wrote:I haven't read this whole thread so I hope this hasn't already been suggested.

My thought is just don't post the schedule to the events and don't allow the ability to check via irc etc when an event is happening. Maybe this will make the people that only play for events actually play the game until an event is active. Just completely randomize each events time so there is no set schedule.

Just an idea
I was thinking the same thing yesterday. Remove the "event clocks" in game too. I heard someone on Ventrilo say last night, and I quote "There's an events schedule on the website, so I know exactly when to log in".

Meanwhile he was playing a different shard.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Spitfire

Post by Spitfire »

Stalker wrote:I haven't read this whole thread so I hope this hasn't already been suggested.

Just an idea
This is a great idea. People will still have their events, but you have to be online and paying attention to know when they are happening.

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

Just an idea
I said this eons ago.

malice-tg
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by malice-tg »

I feel similar to Tagarr on this issue.

I think one solution which to me is simple, light coding, but rarely mentioned is to simply turn off "trammel" rule set and let the creepy crawlers into the events all throughout waiting areas and the arenas.

You think events are fun to watch now? Imagine a real firefight as someone is dishonored during his duel and one guild starts killing another one.

On Catskills that's how the majority of duels went down ( because no trammel).

Player one kills player two
rematch
player one kills player two
rematch
player one gets attacked mid duel and killed by all of player two's friends! Oh dishonor!

player one's friends start taking murder counts.. like tamer chicks, bards all of player one's friends trying to defend some dudes e-honor.

It was really the essence of the t2a era. it was the wild west. no protection.

we had to protect ourselves!

I would be in favor of removing events or limiting them but a simple alternative is to make people duel at their own risk. the outcome would be era accurate interaction between; duelers, pks, thieves, guilds focused on "guarding" the arena against all the jerks, tamers...

imagine this world.. its similar to felluca.

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

Yeah get rid of trammel rule set and give people the opportunity to bank or buy more supplies during the

event(but after death, not actually in the event. This would please a lot of people, the events would not

be as dense with pvp but if you prepared well for it with a bunch of item/reg bags it could be. If someone

dies, rez em with full mana/health/dex but about the loot your on your own, you can bank or buy more.

Kal Vas Flam

Post by Kal Vas Flam »

Ya i like the idea that Malice has suggested its good because more pvp and more people try to get there stuff back. if u can loot then it would be more stuff out therefor other people. plus event are gay now because waste of regs and waste of time plus allot of rules too the events. i would like were u got to work to get regs etc like kinda world pvp u know. like i always try to world pvp but when a event pop's up when im on i go to it allot of the times when i world pvp there no one on but event pop's up there like allot of people get on i think not fair plus i like the idea also by night-shark if your on then u get in event because people play different sever then hop on when there a event they should have no time when the event going start.Say yes to this for sure 100% Have A Nice Day.

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

Kal Vas Flam wrote:Ya i like the idea that Malice has suggested its good because more pvp and more people try to get there stuff back. if u can loot then it would be more stuff out therefor other people. plus event are gay now because waste of regs and waste of time plus allot of rules too the events. i would like were u got to work to get regs etc like kinda world pvp u know. like i always try to world pvp but when a event pop's up when im on i go to it allot of the times when i world pvp there no one on but event pop's up there like allot of people get on i think not fair plus i like the idea also by night-shark if your on then u get in event because people play different sever then hop on when there a event they should have no time when the event going start.Say yes to this for sure 100% Have A Nice Day.
lolwtf

Pac

Post by Pac »

Panthor the Hated wrote:
Kal Vas Flam wrote:Ya i like the idea that Malice has suggested its good because more pvp and more people try to get there stuff back. if u can loot then it would be more stuff out therefor other people. plus event are gay now because waste of regs and waste of time plus allot of rules too the events. i would like were u got to work to get regs etc like kinda world pvp u know. like i always try to world pvp but when a event pop's up when im on i go to it allot of the times when i world pvp there no one on but event pop's up there like allot of people get on i think not fair plus i like the idea also by night-shark if your on then u get in event because people play different sever then hop on when there a event they should have no time when the event going start.Say yes to this for sure 100% Have A Nice Day.
lolwtf
12 yr old poster is era accurate.

malice-tg
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by malice-tg »

Kal Vas Flam wrote:Ya i like the idea that Malice has suggested its good because it would mean more pvp and more people trying to get there stuff back.

if you can loot then it you get it. . plus events are no fun now because i waste of regs and time plus the rules are too restrictive. ???? i like field pvp! a lot of the times when i field pvp there is no one on but later an event pop's up there like allot of people at the event. thats not cool. what do you think?
thanks kal vas :)

iamantitype

Post by iamantitype »

I agree with Malice.

On Sonoma all of the fight nights happened in the desert city of Oasis. There were duel pits there and once the events happened on a regular basis and became popular people starting attacking the onlookers and bombing the duel pits with mass purple pots.
This sounds like it was largely disruptive, and it was at first, but once the people attending, hosting, and participating in these events caught on to the attacks they assembled a defense force to fight the terrorists.

This was the spirit of Felucca. The attackers were 80% of the time fought off and the tournaments were able to carry on and decide who was the best, etc etc. The other 20% of the time the enemies might disrupt things successfully, but it made for such a fun battle that no one really cared too much one way or the other.

This is just an example from my time on OSI. I'm not saying this is 100% the way it should be, because it was shard specific, but it's still something to think about.

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

I doubt that worked anti, if you recalled at the YMCA there was a strict policy of not fighting back. Defense forces would have made it way more hectic since you're giving them a fight.

Anyways, our population wouldn't support both attackers and defenders. It would just be TG with GT trying to kill sandro before he fights so that he'll lose by default. Its called griefing, and we got more griefers than anti-griefers. I dunno what an anti griefer would even do. srs.

Back to whatever...

Oh I forget.