Gold on Rats

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Dead Rabbit

Gold on Rats

Post by Dead Rabbit »

Era Accuracy, is it really all it's cracked up to be? What does everyone look for when they're searching for "accuracy" anyway? To have the PvP mechanics the same? PvM? Impossible crafting menus? Gold on Rats? What??

I don't get it at all really. Why is it so important?

My friend Annabell is really annoyed that Rats no longer have gold on them when they are killed. Although it is era accurate for them to have gold - the general population isn't striving for this type of accuracy. The corpses had gold on them before... but it was changed. And this change was inaccurate - but it was still done. Was it for the good of T2A or done for another reason which makes me, again, question what is so important about era accuracy.

No, it doesn't effect the population or the overall game play here to have penniless rats (unless you have to listen to Annabell go on and on about it). It may even help the T2A economy to take away that gold. You wouldn't want a gang of 10 new players named Pied Piper unbalancing the economics of things would you?? So maybe this helps - maybe it's inaccurate - which is better?? Improvements to T2A UO or being accurate?

There are a multitude of "simple" things that I believe should be implemented: Poison counts on weapons, Labeled potions, The easier crafting menu, Gold on Rats (I love you Annabell! :lol: ).
I'm sure others who pay more attention than I can add to the "simple" list.

None of these are going to effect our game play or change the "accuracy" of the game much. It won't effect the economy (maybe :P) but it will improve the T2A experience a good deal.

Afterall - the original makers of UO introduced changes. They saw some things as problematic and make a stitch here and there (A Patch) and still called it T2A? So why can't we?

It's not like I'm asking for Tribal Paint.......not this time, at least! :P
Derrick wrote:
And thanks also to Poppy Thornapple for providing some critical insight into this.
Celebrate Rabbits!! http://www.ferryhalim.com/orisinal/g3/carrot.htm
[00:55:46] <MrLotto> I love dolls

Pac

Re: Gold on Rats

Post by Pac »

Oh look, another 2 month old carpetbagger moving in ranting against the entire purpose of this shard.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Pac wrote:Oh look, another 2 month old carpetbagger moving in ranting against the entire purpose of this shard.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Dead Rabbit

Post by Dead Rabbit »

Pac wrote:Oh look, another 2 month old carpetbagger moving in ranting against the entire purpose of this shard.

Look, another illiterate who reads topics and not post. Or is your reply the result of having nothing of value to contribute?
(Pay special attention to "?". It's called a question mark and denotes a question.)
Derrick wrote:
And thanks also to Poppy Thornapple for providing some critical insight into this.

Ragancy
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ragancy »

I'm not sure about the whole rat/gold thing but the idea for the shard to emulate a specific time period gives the shard a greater sense of stability and persistence.

Pac

Post by Pac »

Dead Rabbit wrote:Look, another illiterate
Pretty much sums up this post. You basically want the shard to revert back on changes it has worked to implement in favor of some Hybrid shard, since you were incapable of reading the philosophy behind UOSA.

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

Hey dude, anytime you find yourself writing "Whats so important about era accuracy" just realize that no one will be on your side and whatever you're proposing will not happen.

Era accuracy isn't, in reality, important, but it is the _purpose_ of this shard and its the direction we will continue to go forever. Go with it or get out.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

awesome thread, great responses. can now be locked and/or deleted
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Dead Rabbit

Post by Dead Rabbit »

But there are several inaccuracies to this shard which enhance everyone's game play experience. Runebook, from what was stated in a similar thread, are not T2A accurate. Why are they here? Why does no one complain about the inaccuracy?

And as long as no one is complaining of that particular inaccuracy, why then is this hard core attitude about era accuracy?

Gold on rats IS accurate and was changed to be inaccurate. Why?

Which leads to the opening question(s) - which no one has been able to give any glimmer of intelligent answer to:
Era Accuracy, is it really all it's cracked up to be? What does everyone look for when they're searching for "accuracy" anyway?

Panthor... I expected an actual explanation from you. You usually are very good at explaining things.
Derrick wrote:

Stuck
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Stuck »

Dead Rabbit wrote:Runebook, from what was stated in a similar thread, are not T2A accurate. Why are they here? Why does no one complain about the inaccuracy?
Because they're not inaccurate:

http://wiki.uosecondage.com/Ultima_Onli ... 11/23/1999
Rune Books Nov 23 1999 1:12PM CST Rune Books
Rune Books are designed to help reduce the total number of runes in the game and to assist rune libraries with the lock down changes. Rune Books will allow players to keep far fewer runes in their bank boxes and houses while still being able to carry a regular rune when travelling outside of town.

Pac

Post by Pac »

nightshark wrote:awesome thread, great responses. can now be locked and/or deleted
This.

OP is just throwing a tantrum now, no need for this to continue.

OhSnap
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by OhSnap »

Dead Rabbit wrote:But there are several inaccuracies to this shard which enhance everyone's game play experience. Runebook, from what was stated in a similar thread, are not T2A accurate. Why are they here? Why does no one complain about the inaccuracy?

And as long as no one is complaining of that particular inaccuracy, why then is this hard core attitude about era accuracy?

Which leads to the opening question(s) - which no one has been able to give any glimmer of intelligent answer to:
Era Accuracy, is it really all it's cracked up to be? What does everyone look for when they're searching for "accuracy" anyway?

Panthor... I expected an actual explanation from you. You usually are very good at explaining things.
As mentioned, runebooks are indeed era accurate. And while there are several inaccuracies on this shard (automated events, silver system, etc), they are often in place to replicate something that could be found on OSI shards during T2A. To my understanding, automated events happen as an alternative to the many seer-ran events that happened on OSI (since the staff here is limited and has better things to do than running events consistently); the silver system provides a way to acquire items/rares etc. that were found on OSI shards (for example, items that were able to be acquired through Clean Up Britannia, which staff has said won't happen again on UOSA). I just chose the event and silver system as examples of inaccuracies on the shard, since those are 2 most obvious ones and I have a feeling you will suggest them when people ask "what inaccuracies are you talking about?".

As for other accuracy issues, more directed at game play itself, when searching for accuracy people use patch notes, archives, the demo, etc., pretty much anything that has some proof to change the status quo. Accuracy to the T2A era gives stability to the shard; it is the philosophy of the shard, and to pretty much everyone who plays on UOSA, yes it is all it's cracked up to be. Otherwise, why the hell are you here? Hope some of this helps.

Ps. as for the gold on rats, I don't know anything about it. Don't care enough to search about the accuracy of it. However, if you put in the effort and find sufficient evidence that gold on rats DID exist during era, I can almost promise you staff will change it back.

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

That was an explanation. And its the only one anyones gunna read cuz you're posting 30 paragraphs.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Dead Rabbit wrote:
Source?

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

I'm a bit confused. I killed a few rats yesterday and received gold. Were they prepatch rats?
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins