Achievement Unlocked! Contest. Cash Prizes.

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
mrbojangles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Achievement Unlocked! Contest. Cash Prizes.

Post by mrbojangles »

Greetings citizens of UOSA. I'd like to announce the launch of a contest that I hope will add some fun to the shard.

If you've played a new game in the last two years, it's likely you've come across the now ubiquitous “achievement” system, common on games played on PSN, XboxLive and Steam. These systems award players for accomplishing tasks and encourages players to perform actions that fall outside what one would do in normal gameplay. It's a good way to promote creativity and to get players to fully explore a game.

Goal:
Promote creativity and player interaction through the awarding of achievements to players who accomplish various tasks.

Method:
A list of achievements will created, ranging from the mundane to the needlessly complex. Players must go out, accomplish the achievement and submit proof to the forum. Proof will vary depending on the achievement.

Reward:
Each achievement will have an accompanying award, ranging from large sums of money, to pocket change, to weapons, etc. Also, I'd like to extend a request to any artistically inclined members of this community to create achievement award graphics, for people to display in their forum signatures. I also welcome players to come up with their own ideas for achievements.

Rules:
Don't cheat. This system is largely based on honor, and honestly, could easily be cheated. Proof and verification will be required for some achievements, others will simply require your word. Some achievements will be a one time deal and be awarded on a first-come-first-serve basis, others will be available in an on-going manner. Proof of achievement must be submitted to the forum, usually in the form of a screen shot or RPV. When submitting a screenshot please include your journal in the shot, the UO title bar, and any required proof.

How to apply for an achievement:
Reply to this topic. The first line of your reply should contain the achievement you are applying for. Followed by your proof and any additional comments. Also include your IRC username if you use that. If you win you will contacted via forums or irc to negotiate a time that you can receive your reward.

Current list of available achievements:

Old School Smithy:
Offer your GM smith services at the Britain blacksmith shop. Craft and sell at least one suit of armor. No give-aways, no having your friends be the buyer.

Reward:

Rules:
Proof must be provided as a screenshot of the trade window, include journal.

Type:
Ongoing, 1 winner per week.
-------------------------------------

Oh shit! Wait, Wtf?:
As a red character, enter a dungeon and find a blue player. Help blue player slay at least 1 monster. Wish them a good day and leave.

Reward: 10k

Rules:
Proof must be submitted in the form of an RPV.

Type:
1 time, 1 winner
-------------------------------

Bk Wall:
Kill 5 or more bone knights at the bone knight room in the dungeon Deceit.

Reward: 5k

Rules:
Proof must be provided in the form of a screen shot showing the corpses of the bone knights.

Type: 1 time 1 winner.
-------------------------------

You shall not pass!
Kill a balron with a melee character. No magery, provoking, taming, etc allowed.

Reward:
10k and the knowledge that you're a bad ass mother.

Rules:
Proof must be submitted in the form of an RPV.

Type:
1 time, 1 winner.
-------------------

Welcoming committee:
Meet a new player and convince them to register an account on the forums.

Rules:
Direct a new player to this forum page, and have him post the following, “[Your name] was my welcoming committee”

Type:
1 time, 1 winner.
---------------------

Teach a man to fish...:
Meet a new player and teach them how to create a skill-training macro in razor.

Rules:
Proof must be submitted in the form a screenshot, with journal showing your explanation of how to create the macro.

Type: Ongoing, maximum of one winner per week.
-----------------

Genocide!:
You and at least one other player must kill every orc at the Yew Orc Fort.

Reward: 5k to each player, up to three players.

Rules:
Proof must be submitted in the form of screenshot, clearly showing that every orc in the fort has been slain.

Type: 1 time, multiple winners.
------------------

Achievements will be added and removed as they are accomplished.

And please add comments, concerns, possible issues, etc.

Awarded Achievements:

Endangered my ass!:
Use a pack of polar bears to take down a high level monster (dragon, deamon, balron, titan, terathon knight, ophidian queen) without casting any offensive spells.
Achieved by: Zugu
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=29035

Smelt it!:
Smelt a high-end magic weapon. (at least a +10 vanq katana/hally/war-axe/badiche)
Achieved by: Zugu
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=29061
Last edited by mrbojangles on Sun May 15, 2011 8:33 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Omar Little(irc) / Mr Bojangles / Bowie / Snake Plisken / Martin Van Buren / Dirty Ore

Visit the The Yew Gate Shop for everything you need.

LordRaven

Re: Achievement Unlocked!

Post by LordRaven »

Frankly the achievement system is what ruined many a game for me.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

GREAT IDEA!!!!!!

nightmare

Post by nightmare »

I love the idea here. I would pay 10k to see r or i"" go help someone in a dungeon and say good day and leave. Not that they wouldnt as people but as they are 2 of the best pks I have come across it would be awesome to see them do it.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Replace "polar bears" with "frenzied ostards", "hell cats", or "dire wolves", and I think you'd already owe me a half a mil :-)

SJane3384
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by SJane3384 »

Where is the "Get UO married, then divorced, and lose your castle" achievement?
Dolphins are NOT era accurate, and MUST be banned!
Sign my PETITION!

xevec
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by xevec »

SJane3384 wrote:Where is the "Get UO married, then divorced, and lose your castle" achievement?
This would make a great thread for the Tales of Adventure sub forum.

faber

Post by faber »

Great idea!

Zugu
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Achievement Unlocked! Contest. Cash Prizes.

Post by Zugu »

mrbojangles wrote: Endangered my ass!:
Use a pack of polar bears to take down a high level monster (dragon, deamon, balron, titan, terathon knight, ophidian queen) without casting any offensive spells.
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=29035

mrbojangles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by mrbojangles »

Ha. Nice job zugu! Our first winner.
Omar Little(irc) / Mr Bojangles / Bowie / Snake Plisken / Martin Van Buren / Dirty Ore

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

I like the smelt it challenge.
Syntax of the Wolfpack (TW) - PVP Since 97'

mrbojangles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by mrbojangles »

Mirage wrote:I like the smelt it challenge.
So do it.

Zugu
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Zugu »

mrbojangles wrote:Smelt it!:
Smelt a high-end magic weapon. (at least a +10 vanq katana/hally/war-axe/badiche)

Reward: Do it for the lols, and a chainmail coif of defense.
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=29061

Smelted a +15 vanq hally. Unfortunately I didn't open my backpack after I started to record and you cannot see me actually smelt it in my backpack.

random guy

Post by random guy »

Genocide!:

Rules:
Proof must be submitted in the form of screenshot, clearly showing that every orc in the fort has been slain.

------------------

The Yew Fort Only has about 5-6 orcs there..If you want a true challenge go to the Cove Orc fort..Yew is far too easy

Drunk Monk

Post by Drunk Monk »

random guy wrote:Genocide!:

Rules:

------------------

The Yew Fort Only has about 5-6 orcs there..If you want a true challenge go to the Cove Orc fort..Yew is far too easy
dem uruks ib oll fatti's. dey tuu liddul tuu clomp ummies, nub liek da Bludchok-Hai! hohoho

*farts*
“What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” -Albert Pike