Issue with MiB's

Moderator: Support Moderators

stryker0

Issue with MiB's

Post by stryker0 »

The past three days I've been fishing like crazy.. hours a day and I've only pulled up 1 MiB. This seems to have just started recently as I was getting plenty before. However tonight I've now been fishing for about 4 hours and the best I've pulled up is a treasure map. Just curious if any other GM fishers are having this kind of issue or if maybe the game just hates me.

k3r0

Re: Issue with MiB's

Post by k3r0 »

it's been a while since i had fished up a mass amount except 'til recently. i did think the same thing and asked Lelouche about it through irc, but i don't think he's fished up any recently.

from my personal experience these past couple days: since 3 days ago, i've been fishing on and off (since you can't do it unattended of course) and been able to get 13 MIBs and about 16 lvl 1 maps in the same time span. hope this helps a bit?

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

k3r0 wrote:it's been a while since i had fished up a mass amount except 'til recently. i did think the same thing and asked Lelouche about it through irc, but i don't think he's fished up any recently.

from my personal experience these past couple days: since 3 days ago, i've been fishing on and off (since you can't do it unattended of course) and been able to get 13 MIBs and about 16 lvl 1 maps in the same time span. hope this helps a bit?
aye you did :P and as such i took a run on a solo fisher i got 1 tmap and 1 mib in roughly 2.something hours (had to pause my macro a few times to go afk) it roughly works out to 1mib per hour if your fishing every 8 seconds, they will be times when you might fish for 3 hours or so and not get anything. Most people who are serious about fishing for mibs or tmaps have 3 fishers on 1 boat.
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

stryker0

Post by stryker0 »

Three on one boat.. suppose I still have a lot to learn because I didn't think of that, thanks!

k3r0

Post by k3r0 »

eh, there doesn't seem to be a big demand in MIBs, i don't even think 3 on a boat would be necessary. i have found that when you have multiple fishers on a boat, the resources on a particular spot may 'be used up' differently per character. like, even though 'fish aren't biting here' for you, another fisherman will be able to fish there, kinda weird.

iamreallysquall

k3r0 wrote:eh, there doesn't seem to be a big demand in MIBs, i don't even think 3 on a boat would be necessary. i have found that when you have multiple fishers on a boat, the resources on a particular spot may 'be used up' differently per character. like, even though 'fish aren't biting here' for you, another fisherman will be able to fish there, kinda weird.
this is easily avoided :P wont say how be creative :P (with your sailing)

Fender
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Fender »

Ive been fishing for 4 hours almost constantly with only 1 mib. From what I understand, non stop fishing should yield about 1 mib an hour. I should of had 2-3 by now. I hope someone can look into this and see if there is anything wrong.

k3r0

Post by k3r0 »

The longer I fished, the better (obviously) the pull-rate was. At the end, the average was indeed about 1 per hour (still) -- just gotta be patient, unfortunately.

iamreallysquall

you can go long time with out getting anything and then get mad lucky :) just keep at it!

Fender
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Fender »

Thanks, Ill try again in a few. Im making another fisherman also. I have them both on the boat.

Fender
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Fender »

Quick update here. Within 45 minutes. . . . 3 mibs! I guess you never know whats gonna happen when you go out fishing.

iamreallysquall

basicaly have had the same luck but i was fishing in little burst not a straight run

nightmare

Post by nightmare »

I fished for about 21 hours over 3 days and only got 1 mib

Return to “New Player Help”