Wandering healers curing?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Wandering healers curing?

Post by Ronk »

Did wandering healers really cure poison in this era? I dont' recall ever seeing that...
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Wandering healers curing?

Post by Mens Rea »

Waa you have to link to proof

Guerrilla

Post by Guerrilla »

lol this is the funniest thing ever, they think, just because some 13 year old wrote something about an in-game mechanic back in 1999, it must be accurate haha, anybody could have written anything back then, and here that is considered "proof" rofl, give me freakin break
Halleluyah
<DemonArkanis> hopefully ill go to hell and not have to listen to your bullshit

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Guerrilla wrote:lol this is the funniest thing ever, they think, just because some 13 year old wrote something about an in-game mechanic back in 1999, it must be accurate haha, anybody could have written anything back then, and here that is considered "proof" rofl, give me freakin break
True. And I know stratics was often dated or inaccurate, though overall it was accurate. This is yet another one of those things im not sure id find proof for. Someone isn't going to document the fact that healers don't cast spells or cure because they never did. I quit UO shortly after UO:R so I guess its possible that casting healers were implemented later and there is a patch note but I dunno.

What I do know is that player run shards was the first place I saw healers put up a fight.

I discussed this briefly in IRC with some people. Apparently its hit or miss if/when this happens? They said they thought it had been fixed and dont' see it. If it is localized to specific spawns, this healer is the one that spawns on the desert edge between the desert and road right near where mountain meets desert meet grass.
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

I recall a few different variations of healer throughout different eras, and at one point I remember that they did cast. In fact, they punched pretty damn hard too as I recall, but I don't remember what era that was...
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Malaikat wrote:I recall a few different variations of healer throughout different eras, and at one point I remember that they did cast. In fact, they punched pretty damn hard too as I recall, but I don't remember what era that was...
Hmm, well maybe ill look around tonight. I didn't ever try to get a wandering healer to cure me so its entirely possible they did. But I just imagine over the years of playing I would have seen something.

Here is another similar thread:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=19981
They discuss it here and say it may only be in regards to new players? Nightshark says it was originally a feature of the young player system.
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

McSchnurke

Post by McSchnurke »

This was definately an era-accurate rumor, at least. I specifically recall disbelieving at the time.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

No damn healer ever cured me.

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

I thought we were talking about curing themselves of poison. I'm not sure if they ever cured pc's.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Malaikat wrote:I thought we were talking about curing themselves of poison. I'm not sure if they ever cured pc's.
Nope, im talking PCs. I def saw a player fighting scorpians/spiders in the desert nad then running to this healer to get cured. The character may of been new, so that may of had something to do with it. I have not yet poisoned myself to see if it would cure me.
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Ronk wrote:
Malaikat wrote:I thought we were talking about curing themselves of poison. I'm not sure if they ever cured pc's.
Nope, im talking PCs. I def saw a player fighting scorpians/spiders in the desert nad then running to this healer to get cured. The character may of been new, so that may of had something to do with it. I have not yet poisoned myself to see if it would cure me.
You're sure it was a healer and not the shrine? I think shrines will cure poison, no?

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Malaikat wrote:
Ronk wrote:
You're sure it was a healer and not the shrine? I think shrines will cure poison, no?
100% sure. The healer spoke and said something like "you look injured" or whatnot and then cured him. This was on the edge of the desert where there is a single healer spawn. Right around where mountain meets grass meets desert just above the road. No shrine within many screens.
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

Wandering healers never did it for me but the town healers would occasionally cure me. This is likely a UO:R memory of mine. I don't think it ever happened in t2a.

Rhis

Post by Rhis »

This is some mickey mouse shit. Wandering healers (or any healers for that matter) definitely 100% for sure did not heal or cure players in t2a. I was running around today and got healed by one --- laughed my ass off.

Please fix!

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Rhis wrote:This is some mickey mouse shit. Wandering healers (or any healers for that matter) definitely 100% for sure did not heal or cure players in t2a. I was running around today and got healed by one --- laughed my ass off.

Please fix!
They cured and healed (young) players, I'm not entirely certain but I believe we have a few (young) player features without having the game breaking stuff caused by it.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE