Guards bug

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
moneys2

Guards bug

Post by moneys2 »

There is a guards bug I just noticed while provoking skelles in the graveyard in town. One of the skelles opened the gate and started attacking me, so I walked back a few steps to call the guards. When I said guards, the skelle attacking me was ignored and one of the skelles on the other side the gate was killed by a guard. I called guards a few more time, and every time the guards would kill everything but the thing attacking me.

The bug is two parts :

1: the guards should have killed the thing attacking me, not the other monsters.

2. the guard zone ends before you reach the graveyard, so the guards shouldn't have killed the monsters in the graveyard.

It was pretty funny watching the guards kill everything around me as my hp was slowly dropping.

Derrick

Re: Guards bug

Post by Derrick »

If you initiate an attack on a creature, the creature you attacked is not eligible to have guards called on it, however if you are in town, and something attacks you from outside town, if you had not attacked it first, it is eligible to have the guards called on it whether it is in town or not.

I'm making the assumption here that you initiated the attack on the skeleton that the guards would not whack, but this does all seem consistant with how town guards work.

moneys2

Post by moneys2 »

Okay, I wasn't totally sure how guards worked. But why did the guards kill things outside of the guard zone?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

moneys2 wrote:Okay, I wasn't totally sure how guards worked. But why did the guards kill things outside of the guard zone?
Because they initiated an attack on you and you were inside the guard zone.
It's a lot like if you were at north Brit smithy or Moonglow bank and someone attacked you from outside the guard zone. If you are inside the guard zone then you are under the protection of the guards, if someone criminally attacks you (player or creature) they will be whacked if the guards are called.