UO Auto Map

imin

UO Auto Map

Post by imin »

I've been trying to goto the UO Automap site and it seems to be down.
Am i missing something? trying to connect to www.uoam.net gives me an error page.

Thanks.

Derrick

Re: UO Auto Map

Post by Derrick »

Kaivan wrote:UPDATE: UOAM is being hosted under a new url. The new website for UOAM is http://xeonlive.com/uoam/.

Simply download the .rar file, extract and run the installer. Then, you are free to skip the update process whenever you start the auto-updater for UOAM and everything will work just fine.

I have already downloaded and scanned the .rar file with several online virus scanning tools, and have put it into use on one of my systems to no ill effect. So, I would suggest that everyone grabs UOAM from this site. It might not be around forever, and this is an effective stand alone version that you can bring with you on a USB stick anywhere you go.
I posted my version of UOAutoMap:
http://www.uosecondage.com/misc/UOAM.rar

Download that and use WinRar to extract:
http://rarlabs.com/download.htm
Last edited by Derrick on Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Update

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

I've tried the version you posted, and it still doesn't track. Uoam gives an error saying something to the effect of "calibration has failed ,...."etc etc.

I am running the recommended client with the latest razor on Vista home.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

It seems that the UOAM website is down, that's probably why you can't receive updates to the software at the moment. I wonder if it will be coming back online.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Danimal wrote:I've tried the version you posted, and it still doesn't track. Uoam gives an error saying something to the effect of "calibration has failed ,...."etc etc.
The copy I posted is configured for my location of the client files. Open automap, pull down the map menu, and mape sure Uo Client Files Location, is correct. Then recalibrate UOAM from the same drop down menu.

Please let me know if this worked.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

UPDATE: UOAM is being hosted under a new url. The new website for UOAM is http://xeonlive.com/uoam/.

Simply download the .rar file, extract and run the installer. Then, you are free to skip the update process whenever you start the auto-updater for UOAM and everything will work just fine.

I have already downloaded and scanned the .rar file with several online virus scanning tools, and have put it into use on one of my systems to no ill effect. So, I would suggest that everyone grabs UOAM from this site. It might not be around forever, and this is an effective stand alone version that you can bring with you on a USB stick anywhere you go.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Still no luck. I'v installed/uninstalled uoam several times, I tried every version posted here (thx a TON btw). I've checked my client data files location, used a sextant to calibrate, I even hired a witchdoctor to check for evil spirits, lol.

Thanks for the help, I will just get used to the razor map.

Agata

Post by Agata »

Danimal: You must go stricly with the tips at this page, which Derrick recommended:
First, Download UOAM
Second, install it
Third, go to the folder that you installed it into and copy the UOAM folder in the rar into that folder all those files must replace yours
run UOAM and cancel all downloads you already have them!
But I have another problem with Automap. It works but all space is black expect the signs of shops. Any ideas what to do with it? :(

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Agata wrote:Danimal: You must go stricly with the tips at this page, which Derrick recommended:
First, Download UOAM
Second, install it
Third, go to the folder that you installed it into and copy the UOAM folder in the rar into that folder all those files must replace yours
run UOAM and cancel all downloads you already have them!
But I have another problem with Automap. It works but all space is black expect the signs of shops. Any ideas what to do with it? :(
It's not finding your client directory, reconfigure it from the menu

husker

Post by husker »

Im having the same problem. I gave it the path for the client files, but it still is not recognizing it. Im using Vista if that makes any difference.

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

WOOT! I finally got it working! With Vista you have to run uoam with administrator rights, or it won't work. Just right click the shortcut, click properties, and check the box "run as administrator". I really thought I had tried that at some point, but maybe something else was borked up at the time. I hope this helps! Thanks for all the help, guys!!!

kill drizitz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kill drizitz »

i cant get it to work. i cant install it. i get as far as the uo auto-map utility page where it just stays blank and says "locating server download: uoam.net"...

any help guys? ive unziped it and everything i have an icon on my desktop... at a loss.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

kill drizitz wrote:i cant get it to work. i cant install it. i get as far as the uo auto-map utility page where it just stays blank and says "locating server download: uoam.net"...

any help guys? ive unziped it and everything i have an icon on my desktop... at a loss.
Check out the instructions in the included text file. Once it's installed copy the UOAM folder from the rar to the installed folder and you'll be all patched, won't need to connect to the uoam.net server

kill drizitz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kill drizitz »

hmm. i unzipped it with winrar, how do i paste with winrar? should i delete the files i have that are unziped, and start over? and which is the installed folder? i really dont understand that part.

:(

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

kill drizitz wrote:hmm. i unzipped it with winrar, how do i paste with winrar? should i delete the files i have that are unziped, and start over? and which is the installed folder? i really dont understand that part.

:(
The folder called UOAM in winrar, copy all those files to the intalled UoAutoMap folder, (Probably C:\Program Files\UOAM\) overwriting the ones that were installed by the setup program.

Running setup.exe was just to get the registry entries configured correctly.

Then just launch the program using the icon created during setup.

It is a little wierd. Honestly i think you can just drag the UOAM folder righ to your desktop and run UOAM from there, but you'd just need to configure it so that it knows where your UO Client is