Stables

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Stables

Post by Hicha »

KrytheRanger wrote:So the bottom line is….

1. The people responsible for “grieving” other players with this stable issue, need to be punished.
2. If you are going to reduce the amount of pets one play can control at a time, then the dragons need to be what they used to be, what they were meant to be.
The argument is to reduce the amount of pets a player can stable, not the amount they can control.

100 pets per stablemaster for the entire shard seems invalid, it would be amazing to see live UO with thousands of players and not have a problem with full stables. Id even bet this number was adjusted to meet shard needs.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

You know the stables were mostly full before people started "filling" them up? You just didn't notice it because you could stable 1 pet at a time before yesterday.

You are asking to punish people for doing what everyone else was already doing, just because it's become a hassle now.

I'm fairly sure that nothing can be changed if all this outrage hasn't been responded to by a mod by now.

This isn't going to be a test of what we can get Derrick to do but a test on how our community will treat each other for now and the future. So far it's looking bleak.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

GuardianKnight wrote: This isn't going to be a test of what we can get Derrick to do but a test on how our community will treat each other for now and the future. So far it's looking bleak.
Welcome to UO.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

back in '99, few of us had a 7x GM tank, and knew how to play him to his full potential. 12 years later, guys here, mainly the PvPers, now play tanks much better than in era. The trouble is, it is very easy to use the EV - invis tactic. The tamer can always invis also, the tank will need to reveal to attack, just like the tamer will have to reveal. The trouble with that match up is that it's much easier to control the tank's weapon than the tamers wep.

Dragons do seem quite slow to aquire targets, compared to drakes and WW's...not to mention AW's. But that is a whole diff issue.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

McSchnurke

Post by McSchnurke »

GuardianKnight wrote:You know the stables were mostly full before people started "filling" them up? You just didn't notice it because you could stable 1 pet at a time before yesterday.

You are asking to punish people for doing what everyone else was already doing, just because it's become a hassle now.

I'm fairly sure that nothing can be changed if all this outrage hasn't been responded to by a mod by now.

This isn't going to be a test of what we can get Derrick to do but a test on how our community will treat each other for now and the future. So far it's looking bleak.
Most of the stables were full before. But no, it wasn't so bad that I thought anyone was purposefully filling them up to grief you, GK.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Werent the stables mostly full in the real era? The limit and number of people is probabaly what prevented so many dragons.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Downs

Post by Downs »

All I hear is:

RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Mazuhito

Post by Mazuhito »

Downs wrote:All I hear is:

Then you are clearly not listening. We've offered a solution that helps the overall population by allowing limitless stable slots at the cost of less slots usable per character/account. Please take a moment to fully understand what that means,.. We (tamers) are not expecting or demanding more stable slots. We simply want to be able to stable our tamed pets. In fact with the proposed system Tamers will actually be nerfed by limiting the amount of tames we can pull from stables and making dragon turrets less prevalent.
まずひと

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

So basically this is the same as the housing griefing? ok.. if you are going to limit the number of dragons I can have, then limit the number of houses people can hoard. I only own two properties. Limit the housing to one house per account then if you are going to limit dragons because it is exactly the same thing. Newer tamers can't stall animals, newer players can't find bigger than a small house spot, unless they are willing to shell out extra money. How is it not the same?
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

Downs

Post by Downs »

Mazuhito wrote: Then you are clearly not listening. We've offered a solution that helps the overall population by allowing limitless stable slots at the cost of less slots usable per character/account. Please take a moment to fully understand what that means,.. We (tamers) are not expecting or demanding more stable slots. We simply want to be able to stable our tamed pets. In fact with the proposed system Tamers will actually be nerfed by limiting the amount of tames we can pull from stables and making dragon turrets less prevalent.
a GM tamer with 2 forum posts?

I have a GM tamer, and I use him regularly. The current stable grief/protest/whatever is inconvenient for me, but i am 100% against unlimited stable space or stable space per player. If what we have here is era accurate, then that's what we should have.

The fad of hoarding animals to grief will fade out if everyone just ignores it.

I stand by my picture.
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

Downs wrote:
Mazuhito wrote: Then you are clearly not listening. We've offered a solution that helps the overall population by allowing limitless stable slots at the cost of less slots usable per character/account. Please take a moment to fully understand what that means,.. We (tamers) are not expecting or demanding more stable slots. We simply want to be able to stable our tamed pets. In fact with the proposed system Tamers will actually be nerfed by limiting the amount of tames we can pull from stables and making dragon turrets less prevalent.
a GM tamer with 2 forum posts?

I have a GM tamer, and I use him regularly. The current stable grief/protest/whatever is inconvenient for me, but i am 100% against unlimited stable space or stable space per player. If what we have here is era accurate, then that's what we should have.

The fad of hoarding animals to grief will fade out if everyone just ignores it.

I stand by my picture.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Think everyone is pushing for a limit per account rather than a full on stable limit.

Wouldn't it be nice to take your 3 dragons out of the stables and know you can stable them back when you were done with them?
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Jill Stihl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Jill Stihl »

Lots of folks have lots of ideas about what would be nice for their UO, but isn't the point here era accuracy? If stabling slots weren't limited by account in era then they shouldn't be now, whether it's a pain in the arse for some people or not doesn't really matter.

/2p

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

GuardianKnight wrote:Think everyone is pushing for a limit per account rather than a full on stable limit.

Wouldn't it be nice to take your 3 dragons out of the stables and know you can stable them back when you were done with them?
Wouldn't it be nice to go out into the world without the threat of being PKed? Wouldn't it be nice if you could just page a GM for Help and have him set all of your skills to 100? Wouldn't it be nice if we could have unicorns and purple swords and item insurance and beetles?

Tiwstacain

Post by Tiwstacain »

actually i have been working at getting all the stables on the server for nearly 8 or 10 months now, im certain i have 3 of the stables 90/100 pets which is getting upwards in various other stables.... Love u all

TC