High-end Single Spawn spawn rate

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

High-end Single Spawn spawn rate

Post by Ronk »

This is a branch from another thread that was slightly off topic:

I found some details that are worth looking into:

http://tamingarchive.com/faqs/

Single Spawn
Single spawns are the most common, particularly with the more powerful creatures. The server knows how many of a particular creature should appear in its dictated area. Creatures controlled by this type of spawn include lich lords, dragons of Destard, white wyrms, nightmares, and ogre lords. Tame or not, no more than a predetermined number (usually just one) of those creatures will get added to the spawn queue.

What is the "spawn queue"? The server knows exactly how many and what kind of creatures should spawn in a particular location. When the server sees that the appropriate number and type of creature is found on the server, it stops producing monsters or animals. If any particular creature dies or leaves the server, the server will pick up on this and add it to its "queue" of creatures to spawn. No one knows how often the server will check for missing creatures or how long it takes a creature to spawn once it is added to the queue.

Also, the example:
You tame a white wyrm (single spawn). If your tame wyrm does not leave the server, a new one will not get added to the spawn queue and a new one will not spawn. Once you remove your tamed white wyrm off of the server it spawned from, it is now removed from the spawn pool and it gets a new "spawn ID". You can watch wyrms respawn 'til your heart's content once you return your newly tamed wyrm back to the server it spawned from.

Which says that it only blocks the spawn if it stays on the server. This would ALSO explain why we have so many dragons here.

Its worth noting that the original shards were made of multiple servers. I also assume that on server up each day a new one would spawn but I haven't verified or seen this anywhere. This would explain why we see so many dragons, WW's, and nightmares here but you rarely saw them in era.

Other reasons ive heard which may be accurate:
1. So few tamers in the real era.
2. So few people here means more to tame and easier to tame.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: High-end Single Spawn spawn rate

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I think it's well known that this mechanic is what caused the "rarity" of the nightmare in era. But let's be honest, if this mechanic were in place here nothing would spawn anywhere. I can tell you that I would personally find all the movable spawn and lock them out on boat floatillas (or otherwise hide them) just so no more would spawn.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Staff is aware of this information.

Spawns are known to be very inaccurate here, the entire system that is.

We will know more about the entire system and the way it worked when it's deciphered from the original decompiled code.

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

MatronDeWinter wrote:I can tell you that I would personally find all the movable spawn and lock them out on boat floatillas (or otherwise hide them) just so no more would spawn.
This would add a new market to UOSA! Buying spawns from cA! Awesome! Love it! ;)

Tiwstacain

Post by Tiwstacain »

i thought that it referred to log in/out or tohave the server reset daily would mean that it has been removed. So a new one would come every day

TC

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

cA wouldn't be selling you anything. That's not their purpose. They are a wall that won't let you climb it.

The only thing cA really try to sell are "insurance" payoff tickets.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Right, the server resets every day so it would effectively mean 1 nightmare per day and 1 WW per day IF someone did this. Which, I am guessing, is era accurate and would explain why everyone and their twin didn't have a nightmare back in the day.

I'm guessing the drake spawn (and maybe even some dragon) were not single spawns. This only applies to single spawns. So nightmare, WW, ancient wyrm (not tamable), etc.

The problem I see is if the single spawn happens at server up every day. Because then the only way to get one would be to log on first.

Also matron. As soon as you brought that dragon to a boat it would no longer be in its 'server' and thus would respawn. Though I suppose you could put it on a boat in T2A...though thats a significantly smaller area to search. Also, to get this to be era accurate the spawns would have to minic the OSI 'servers' as one global world server running the entire thing would make things become wonky.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock