Horse Dismount on Login

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Robbbb
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Horse Dismount on Login

Post by Robbbb »

http://update.uo.com/design_93.html

This patch was in Jan 2000 and states that

"You will no longer be dismounted from your horse when you log in. "

Which means you used to be dismounted from your mount when you logged in?

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Horse Dismount on Login

Post by Ronk »

I don't mean this in a snide "search before you post way", but just to be helpful...

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=30200

This topic has been discussed in more depth in that thread. I don't recall what was determined though.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Robbbb
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Robbbb »

Ya i will try and cross reference more...

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Robbbb wrote:Ya i will try and cross reference more...
Meh, searching takes too much time. I only knew it because I read the other thread. Like I said, just being helpful, not telling ya how and when to post :-p
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Robbb, don't be a Mens Rea.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Hicha wrote:Robbb, don't be a Mens Rea.
also, I remember this. I also remember taking a step when you login, but IDK when that was.

Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

If it's era accurate then it's era accurate. Having ppl be dismounted when logging in would in no way be a game breaker so..........................................

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Pied Piper wrote:If it's era accurate then it's era accurate. Having ppl be dismounted when logging in would in no way be a game breaker so..........................................
Im not against it in the least...but if it gets implemented I guess that means in addition to crashing every time I buy regs...ill also have to remount my burd. Lol.
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

Ronk wrote:
Pied Piper wrote:If it's era accurate then it's era accurate. Having ppl be dismounted when logging in would in no way be a game breaker so..........................................
Im not against it in the least...but if it gets implemented I guess that means in addition to crashing every time I buy regs...ill also have to remount my burd. Lol.
Dang that is still happening? Make sure you have Derrick's version of UO and scan comp n stuff. You have all the latest updates for comp?

Oh crap I am off topic.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Pied Piper wrote:
Ronk wrote:
Dang that is still happening? Make sure you have Derrick's version of UO and scan comp n stuff. You have all the latest updates for comp?

Oh crap I am off topic.
Yeah. And its derricks version, I just downloaded the whole package thing after I reformated instead of dealing with updating. I guess I can double check drivers again but I don't think thats it. As an orc though, I buy regs so rarely I haven't really bothered trying to diagnose it. Just surprised no one else has encountered it.
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

MatronDeWinter wrote:also, I remember this. I also remember taking a step when you login, but IDK when that was.
The way I remember it was that your character would make a small animation when you logged in that looked like taking a step, but wouldn't actually move. When people logged in you would see them take this "step" (and I think maybe their name appeared on allnames?). You could tell when a player had reconnected by seeing them take this step.

That was during UO:R and beyond though, characters may have legitimately taken a step forward before that.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE